PDA

View Full Version : Car Show this past Saturday

Starman
04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I thought I had posted about this show and apparently did not. Sorry folks. But it was the first Annual Car Show at the Marion County Sheriff's Office in Ocala. My son took his 2003 CVPI. My friend Mark who has a Police Car Museum took 6 of his marked cruisers including a couple of panthers. I took his 1997 B4C Camaro that was retired from my Agency in 2004. It looks like the day it retired.

My son did not get a trophy although his car was flawless. We worked on it for a week on and off. His was the only plain black one there. Mark got trophies for the two Panthers. Although the Camaro belongs to Mark, I take care of and show it. My son and I detailed that Camaro for 4-5 hours the day before the show and it paid off. It garnered a trophy. The three trophies were for being in the Top 15 Emergency Vehicles at the show.

I have posted pics on Flickr and here is a link: Car Show Pics (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34860509@N05/sets/72157616589265786/detail/)

I will post it next year. There was about 133 cars there, from Cop Cars, Fire Trucks, an ambulance, a hearse, military vehicles, muscle cars, classics, customs and others. Don Garlits was there, but was rude to all I talked to and saw getting his autograph. I almost gave it back to him. I understand he has a hearing problem, but he made no effort to converse. If he saw you talking to him, he would look down or away and ignore you and just hand you an autographed pic.

The folks from the S.O. were great. Professional and very accomodating. They allowed us to park three cruisers at their garage the night before for security and cover form any weather. They even offered to have prisoner come out and wash our cars. The prisoners wash all the departments vehicles and only a few emloyees have take home cars. The others were brought in the next morning. They want even more cars next year. They have pleanty of room. They even gave a tram tour of the facility. Everything is in one place, their headuaquarters, garage, radio shop, storage and jail are in the same compound.

So put it in your calender for next April. See you there.