PDA

View Full Version : New Year in Orlando

LilCop2002
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey, folks!

I'm headed from Alabama to Orlando to see a friend for New Year. I'm leaving Wed 30 Dec to arrive later that evening. I plan on departing Friday 1 Jan.

Anybody in the Orlando area got any free time or any big plans?

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 05:48 PM
My eldest lives there, if you are looking for discount tickets to the NASCAR bar/lounge I can see if she can get some comp tickets. Now can you swing through Wetumpka and pick up some BBQ for me from the place downtown? It's to die for!

LilCop2002
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Which place are you talking about?

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't remember the name (mom will) but it's a low white building near where the main drag splits around the bank, bear right not left to the Coosa. I'll remember more later (CRS). I always drove around there by the seat of my pants, wasn't hard to get to the dam or the place on Lake Jordan from the calaboose. If you want me to check on the comps I'll be happy to, it's a Chili's kind of thing on CityWalk , or Portofino comps too. No promises. And I was kidding about bringing me the bbq, but it was great and I really miss that town.

LilCop2002
12-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh. I was about to get the filter put back in my car to go get it. lol

Does Hog Rock sound familiar?

Don't worry about the tickets. I really do appreciate it, but I was just wanting to hang with the MM guys. Unless your eldest is good looking. LOL. JK

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Hard Rock is right there too, she still has former coworkers there, any show in particular? Went to the Win2K kickoff there, nice venue. And yes unfortunately she is a stone cold fox and she likes firearms too. And no you may not! Actually that's her call. Robbie's BBQ on 231. Say hi to Hank for me! How I miss Alabama. TTYL because it's small world after all!

W4LTD
12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
...because it's small world after all!

Russ, for some reason I can picture you singing this song... :P

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Naaa, it's an earwig. Now 'Sweet Home Alabama' yes!

LilCop2002
12-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Hard Rock is right there too, she still has former coworkers there, any show in particular? Went to the Win2K kickoff there, nice venue. And yes unfortunately she is a stone cold fox and she likes firearms too. And no you may not! Actually that's her call. Robbie's BBQ on 231. Say hi to Hank for me! How I miss Alabama. TTYL because it's small world after all!

Hog Rock BBQ is the BBQ Joint I though you might have been referring to. No worries as I will have to try Robbie's some time.

She's a stone cold fox and into shooting? I might have to hit the firing range while I'm there with my Deputy friend. :P

Alabama has actually grown on me A LOT since moving here in Sept.

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 07:13 PM
She hated shooting until the ATF bf she dumped taught her marksmanship. Get your bud to take you to the indoor range where the gal offed herself! They say on a clear day you can still see the stains... And to say I'm sick cat would be a gross understatement! I spoke out of turn, me not thinking about New Years and such. Kiddo was unable to help (or she's goofing me), sorry, but you'll still have a great time! Drive Safe, Arrive Alive

LilCop2002
12-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I always loved shooting and now that I am an Air Force Combat Arms Instructor, I get access to all sorts of cool weapons.

I'll see if he'll be able to take me shooting as I haven't had time to fire for over a year now. Not cool...

I drive safely albeit fast. I've got a gorgeous little girl that is waiting to see me.

W4LTD
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Take a trip to the American Police Hall of Fame, near Kennedy Space Center, they have a great shooting range there -- open to the public. http://www.aphf.org/

Stoneblue
12-29-2009, 07:35 PM
"I drive safely albeit fast. I've got a gorgeous little girl that is waiting to see me." (my poor attempt at quoting)

That's what changed my driving habits the most and turned my world happily upside down.