PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Advice

FrankW
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Everyone - just joined the site (boatmangc pointed me in the right direction - thanks) and am already depressed. Don't know much about cars, and as it turns out - almost nothing about Marauders. Bought mine (black ext., black int., 2003) in July of 2006. Love the car. No improvements made. Am I the only one?

Any useful advice for me? Any good garages around Miami that you would recommend? Can any - small - improvements be made to my car ( 75,000 miles)? How did you all figure out which production number your cars are?

I'd appreciate any advice - Thanks:)

CBT
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi, sailor! :wave:

guspech750
03-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi. Im shy.:wave:............Welcome to the site.

TAKEDOWN
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi, sailor! :wave:

LOL, HELLOoo0 NuRsE!!! Welcome to the site and your new addiction!

John Nero
03-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi Everyone - just joined the site (boatmangc pointed me in the right direction - thanks) and am already depressed. Don't know much about cars, and as it turns out - almost nothing about Marauders. Bought mine (black ext., black int., 2003) in July of 2006. Love the car. No improvements made. Am I the only one?

Any useful advice for me? Any good garages around Miami that you would recommend? Can any - small - improvements be made to my car ( 75,000 miles)? How did you all figure out which production number your cars are?

welcome to the site - you should come to the tower shops on friday nights (davie) - we are there every week - we can give you plenty of info - you can ask brian (Roy L Pita) about production #'s

dj_pizm
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
WELCOME. Im also in miami....a little advice wouls be try to get an ext. warranty, got mind @ Ford (4 years was about $2700 with $100 deductible for bumper to bumper repairs)

SC Cheesehead
03-26-2010, 06:04 AM

:welcome1:

A couple improvements that will really wake up your car are 4:10 gears and a performance tune. Dennis Reinhart is down is FL and can hook you up with both.

As for your production number, check out this link:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57772

Cobra25
03-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I just sent you a pm. Stop by the Tower Shops on a friday eve and we can point you in the right direction. When we find out what your looking to do we can send you /point you on where to go and have it done.

RoyLPita
03-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site. I've got u/d pullies, K&N filtercharger, a shift kit, and a tune. What I have is a good start.

Bluerauder
03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
[FONT=Georgia]Hi Everyone - just joined the site
Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

No need to be depressed anymore since you finally found us. :D

Here's the info on production numbers and the certificates ....

Clubs and Events
Mercury Marauder 'Certificates of Authenticity' Now Available!

After months of working in tandem with the Motor City Marauders club, Ford Racing's Ford Performance Group of enthusiast organizations is pleased to announce that official Ford "Certificates of Authenticity" are now available for owners of all 2003 and 2004 Mercury Marauder performance sedans. These Ford VIN data Certificates include production date and number, plus original build color and location, and are stamped with Edsel Ford's signature. Also included is a complete build information breakdown for the model year. Priced at just $45, they make a great gift for any Marauder owner.

For info or to order, call the Ford Performance Info Center at 800-FORD-788!

boatmangc
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Welcome Frank. I'm glad you made it.
You got good taste for not being a car guy!

Blk Mamba
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome, no you're not the only one, had mine two yrs., and still bone stock.

FrankW
03-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks also for the invites and the pointers. This site is really addictive. My wife is already complaining about me staying up late reading up on all the posts. :D Well, life ain't fair.:bigcry: Love these "smiles!!!

Intensity
03-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Warm welcome,

Definitely meet up with the guys at tower shops on fridays, They are very inviting and well informed. They will show you a good time.

again welcome to the site.

Ms. Denmark
03-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks also for the invites and the pointers. This site is really addictive. My wife is already complaining about me staying up late reading up on all the posts. :D Well, life ain't fair.:bigcry: Love these "smiles!!! Bring her out to one of the local meets. She will assimilate!! Welcome to the site! BTW I had my car for nearly 5 years before I jumped off into the addictive world of modding. My best move so far has been my Zack tune. Made an instant improvement in performance.;)

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks also for the invites and the pointers. This site is really addictive. My wife is already complaining about me staying up late reading up on all the posts. :D Well, life ain't fair.:bigcry: Love these "smiles!!!

Frank, be advised, it only gets worse...:D

CBT
03-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Frank, be advised, it only gets worse...:D
That's what she said....

boatmangc
04-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Frank,
I saw you this week on 7 mile bridge.
Howdy!

1stMerc
04-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Guys,

Welcome, to your new addiction. It's amazing how fast time flys when you first discover the site and start reading. I remember many nights of being up late reading, especially on the weekend.

PonyUP
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Welcome :beer: and don't worry about not being a car guy. I know very little about cars except that I like to go fast and if your not winning, your losing. This is a great site though, you can learn a lot and meet some of the best people in the world. Enjoy the ride and remember your car is an extension of you, so regardless of the advice you get, any mod's that you do need to be something that make you love the car more. That is the best advice I can give.

LANDY
04-18-2010, 03:46 PM
welcome to the site. enjoy the car and modding is an addiction.

Cobra25
04-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Frank you need too join us at the yearly Picnic. I'm sure you and your family will have a great time. Please let us know if you can make it. Thanks !