PDA

View Full Version : computer problems...

Leadfoot281
08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
im typing this with my mouse using an onscreen keypad cause my regular keypad quit working. a new keypad didnt help. i checked the settings and the computer says the keypad is working. :bs:

what do i check next?

i got a message earlier about pcu fan being in-op. i vacuumed it out and it starts and runs fine now. related?

btw this onscreeen keyboard thing is a%**)# to use!

fastblackmerc
08-03-2010, 04:32 PM
im typing this with my mouse using an onscreen keypad cause my regular keypad quit working. a new keypad didnt help. i checked the settings and the computer says the keypad is working. :bs:

what do i check next?

i got a message earlier about pcu fan being in-op. i vacuumed it out and it starts and runs fine now. related?

btw this onscreeen keyboard thing is a%**)# to use!

I'd replace the CPU fan since they are cheap.

Double check the keyboard connections. You might have a bad keyboard as they do go bad.

MrBluGruv
08-03-2010, 04:38 PM
If it is a PS/2 connector, and a replacement keyboard didn't fix the problem, the port may be done, I'd recommend a USB keyboard. If it is USB, I'd recommend trying a different port, and if you did or the replacement keyboard was USB, I really don't know what else to say, I've never seen any real issues arise with a keyboard before. Usually they just work or they don't, and if they don't a replacement does. :confused:

Leadfoot281
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
its a ps2 conn. the replcement was alo a ps2. i think the port went south me. [1 year old hp :mad:].

the fan seems fine now. ill get a new usb kboard and let you know how it went. thanks 4 the help!

EDIT. That fixed it. Thanks again!