PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram vs. Telephone Pole

tbone
08-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I was driving over to get the Mistress washed today. In front of me was an old rusty Dodge Ram pickup. I was thinking of how I didn't want to be behind him if he turned into the car wash with the rust and all. Well, he starts to turn in and then changes his mind. Apparently he knew someone at the wash and turned around to look at them, still rolling at about 15 mph. He had temp tags on the truck and he was only maybe 18, so maybe he was trying to show off his new ride. ANYWAY, he proceeds to sideswipe the telephone pole, and it tore off his front right wheel like it was nothing. The poor guy gets out and walks around to take a look at his empty wheel well, and he just slumped down. I really felt bad for the kid.
Probably totalled and no full coverage. Damn shame.:bigcry:

LIGHTNIN1
08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I would feel sorry for him also. The way the job situation is now, could have been out of work and not able to get another ride.

tbone
08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Yep.

When I was 16, I totalled my car after having it for 10 whole days. Slipped on the ice. I was crushed.

Vortex
08-29-2010, 07:29 AM
I backed my Dads brand new 73 VW bug into the old rusty Fairlane wagon parked across the street three days after he brought it home.

CBT
08-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Was the telephone pole okay?

tbone
08-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Was the telephone pole okay?

Literally not a scratch. Amazing.

Big Black Beast
08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I backed my Dads brand new 73 VW bug into the old rusty Fairlane wagon parked across the street three days after he brought it home.

Poor Fairlane!:rolleyes: