PDA

View Full Version : People with a Fusion/Milan

Green96
08-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I know several people besides me have a Fusion/Milan in the household, so I thought I would share some recent experiences. We have not had any major issues, but I have had a few problems that appear to be common.

1. Drivers inner tie rod end bad - most noticeable on this car by the popping felt in the steering wheel over articulating bumps. Mine has gone out twice. Replaced once with OEM part, now I have a Mevotech part.

2. Awful creaking when driving slowly over uneven pavement. Just worked on this tonight. Appears to have been the passenger side lower control arm. The ball joint boot was split. Changing it has also eliminated some clunking that I didn't really even know I had.

3. Loose shift handle (auto). Pry down the "up side down pyramid" trim thing, and remove the 2 allen head screws (1 at a time). Add some thread locker, and re-install. If they get loose enough the shifter will fall off.

I have found most of the Fusion sites to be useless, so I though I would share this here for all of you who have one. Hope it helps someone.

Blackened300a
08-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I have a 2010 Fusion, the only issue was a recall for the transmission tune. I had it reflashed and its been 8K trouble free miles.

Green96
08-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Ours has 60K mile in Muncie, which is like 160K miles anywhere else. The tie rod issues started at 50K, replaced the second time @ 56K. It is my wife's car, so who knows what really happens to it. I just get in to drive the family somewhere and think..when the hell did that start.