PDA

View Full Version : Test drove 2011 5.0 3.73 gears

Ktorres1
09-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Whoo! It's is quite an impessing muscle car / sports car. I went to the ft. Myers local dealer and of course the car was overpriced at 35,000 grand not were I will be geting mine from but the 6 speed was sweet with great clutch, it felt strong all through the power band. I I chirped the tires on my I-2 **** and the sale's guy was like if you do the again the test drive will be over I said sorry no problem as it is not my car. The car stoped, corner, it felt nimble and light considering the amazing power plant. It reved very well and I pushed it to about 80mph. The shifts were very smooth, as well as brakes even without brembo package. It's was comfortable, sounded v8 roar but slight europian which was sporty. The sale's guy was very happy about mu marauder and I played it as if I was interested in perhaps a trade in but my test drive was no more then 10 mins and not enough to give me that drive I was looking for. Sales guy was not big on selling under msrp and after my girl said she didn't think it was the 5.0 she was hoping, he came at me sideways by saying well I can tell your not interested because she doesn't like it! That's where I stoped him in his track by say well that's what she said about the marauder and now she loves it! He gave me his card but I will not do business with such a guy that then started down talking a camaro! He can lie to someone else because I know my resecarch but awsome and I told him I'll wait a couple years.

Motorhead350
09-02-2010, 06:27 AM
The Mustang is a Pony car. Good decision on keeping the Marauder.

Ktorres1
09-02-2010, 06:42 AM
The marauder is one of a kind! Once I can afford it I will be looking around for a good deal on a new 5.0

PonyUP
09-02-2010, 06:47 AM
The Mustang is a Pony car. Good decision on keeping the Marauder.

Easy there Dom, my 5.0 is pretty quick stock and once I put a tune in it, I'm pretty sure I'd give you a good run for your money. However, as I am single, I had a very simple philosophy, why choose? So I got both

ctrlraven
09-02-2010, 08:28 AM
95% of the dealers won't budge on the price, it's a hot car and selling cars is a business to make money. I would wait until the 2nd or 3rd year to get any bugs worked out and let the price market settle some on them.

Ktorres1
09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
+1 on that.... Sales guy was telling me that my monthly payment would be close to $700 a month! Lol he thought I was an retard or something when I actully knew more of the car then him.

PonyUP
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
+1 on that.... Sales guy was telling me that my monthly payment would be close to $700 a month! Lol he thought I was an retard or something when I actully knew more of the car then him.
There's deals to be had, I got a good deal on mine, though it was a five hour fight. But, that was because I had 2 trade in's, so battled with them until I got the price I was looking for on the trades. It will largely depend on the dealership. I have found when you go to a lot that has A LOT of the model you are looking for at the end of the month and if you have a trade, you can get a good deal. My monthly payment is $400. Of course this only works in a town with a number of dealerships in the area.

MrBluGruv
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
95% of the dealers won't budge on the price, it's a hot car and selling cars is a business to make money. I would wait until the 2nd or 3rd year to get any bugs worked out and let the price market settle some on them.

Yeh, there was a 5.0 standard trans for sale in the town I go to school, I think it was right at 40K. I don't care WHAT specs it has, there's no reason at this point in time a Mustang GT should cost more than 30K new.

Gryphonzus
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Tell that to my wife!! She just bought a Kona Blue 5.0 automatic and traded her 2007 Mustang with 6800 miles for it. I like the new one better than the old one. It also has the electronics package and I am not sure if I will ever figure out all the stuff it does. They are also pretty proud of the new Camaro prices too.

Ktorres1
09-03-2010, 06:56 AM
That was a good trade, this is what areal mustang should be and was before that 96-04 crap run minus the 03/04 cobra's! The camaro's are prtty sweet as well but even sweeter is they come as is pretty much without all the extra $ options ford is doing.

RoyLPita
09-08-2010, 07:22 AM
I just drove a 2011 Race Red 5.0 with the 6 speed auto and 3.15 gears. I got around 23.5 on the highway @ 75 MPH.

My only gripe is that I cannot stand the headrests in the front and the rear.

merc
09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
I just drove a 2011 Race Red 5.0 with the 6 speed auto and 3.15 gears. I got around 23.5 on the highway @ 75 MPH.

My only gripe is that I cannot stand the headrests in the front and the rear.

The Head rests were a problem with me also.