PDA

View Full Version : Bye-bye Earl

thathotrodlincn
09-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Well, we made through another hurricane! Earl dropped by and left a few guifts - wind, moderate rain, and a lot of yard debris. However, we are so much better off than others it is impossible to fully appreciate. Have not yet been down to the ocanfront to see there, but I hope all others were equally fortunate. It is extremely unfortunate for the visitors who had to cut short their long anticipated vacations. Perhaps next year. Just wanted to express my gratitude for our safety and good fortune.

Egon Spengler
09-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Our turn today! haha Glad you made it through the storm safe and sound! Looks like the Cape here in MA will be getting rain and 65-75mph winds (maybe more) and the rest of us will be getting just rain. MA and RI have already declared state of emergency status.

Marauderjack
09-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Glad you guys are OK.....next stop is the Northeast!!:eek:

I hope it moves further offshore and spins down to a moderate "Nor'easter" for the folks in New York and New England!!

Good Luck folks!!:beer:

MM2004
09-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Well, we made through another hurricane! Earl dropped by and left a few guifts - wind, moderate rain, and a lot of yard debris. However, we are so much better off than others it is impossible to fully appreciate. Have not yet been down to the ocanfront to see there, but I hope all others were equally fortunate. It is extremely unfortunate for the visitors who had to cut short their long anticipated vacations. Perhaps next year. Just wanted to express my gratitude for our safety and good fortune.

Good to hear and have been wondering about you.

We stayed in Rodanthe several months back and a friend of ours let us stay in one of her houses for an entire week.

Diane is concerned about said houses, and appears there was no damage as of 6:00 this morning.

I spoke with Mary and Bob last night and they are prepared for what's coming.

You guys and gals hang on up there and please report back to us once it's over.

Best,

Mike.

thathotrodlincn
09-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Our turn today! haha Glad you made it through the storm safe and sound! Looks like the Cape here in MA will be getting rain and 65-75mph winds (maybe more) and the rest of us will be getting just rain. MA and RI have already declared state of emergency status.

Crossing my fingers and praying for you and all others.

Egon Spengler
09-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Crossing my fingers and praying for you and all others.
Thank you for your concern! No need to worry about me though! I am just getting showers and MAYBE 30mph gusts. Pray for RF Overlord, MM03MOK, and Burt Ragio. They are going to get the brunt of it along with some guys in the boston area that will be getting higher wind gusts. The Cape is supposed to get it pretty good though.

PonyGuy
09-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Byby earl

Good riddance, windbag! :mad:

Glad you're pretty much okay, Pal! :beer:

RF Overlord
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM
We didn't get squat for wind...in fact, it was windier today than it was last night during the "height" of the storm. We did get some much-needed rain, but that was about it.

Read in the news that there were over a hundred electric crews from as far away as Ohio and Michigan here, just in case. Unfortunately for them, they didn't get to make what I'm sure was promised to be massive overtime...

Mind you, I'm not complaining...we dodged a bullet here.

ImpalaSlayer
09-04-2010, 06:26 PM
was windier today then yesterday for sure, we hardly got any rain either

SC Cheesehead
09-05-2010, 05:14 AM
was windier today then yesterday for sure, we hardly got any rain either

Was wondering about you guys. Hey, thread hijack: When do you guys head out for Reno, and how do you transport the plane? Do you fly it out, trailer it, and if the latter, do you have to take the wings off it?

CBT
09-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Was wondering about you guys. Hey, thread hijack: When do you guys head out for Reno, and how do you transport the plane? Do you fly it out, trailer it, and if the latter, do you have to take the wings off it?

They flew it, but trailered the wings separate :rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
09-05-2010, 07:32 AM
They flew it, but trailered the wings separate :rolleyes:

Smaatazz....:D

ImpalaSlayer
09-05-2010, 09:44 AM

i leave next sunday, the plane leaves on thursday. i come back the following monday (8days) nothing like getting paid to go on vacation!