Thread: OEM Shocks

OEM Shocks

Can anyone help me out, I decided to use OEM shocks on my Marauder. And found out through the forum that they are made by Tokico. Now as I ordered them from the dealer, the dealer told me that the part number has changed to a new one (8w3z18125a) which I'm not sure is also made by Tokico. Or if this is the shock everyone was talking about in the first place.

Just a heads up...there are 3 or 4 different airbag/shock configurations. I have been led to believe all these years one of them is MM specific.....
    "...went from sea level to 3k above... now all I do retune the toys..."

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rondonaldson View Post
    Can anyone help me out, I decided to use OEM shocks on my Marauder. And found out through the forum that they are made by Tokico. Now as I ordered them from the dealer, the dealer told me that the part number has changed to a new one (8w3z18125a) which I'm not sure is also made by Tokico. Or if this is the shock everyone was talking about in the first place.
    If you want the last of the replacement MM rear shocks, PM Cobra25. He has a pair for sale and he is local.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I just replaced the rears on my 2003 and the correct part# is 7W3Z-18125-H. List price on these are $88.08 each

Buyer be ware. After I removed the Naake QA1 f/r shocks some time ago I to ordered what I was led to believe oem. When I got them & installed them they were softer than a cheap after market. They were most likely for a grand marquis. After a few years of productiopn they can cross refence & interchage parts I was ******** they were not cheap & no were near close to oem. I pulled them & went with KYB coil over shocks in the front.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Blog Entries
    RoyLPita did a Nation wide search for me 1 1/2 years ago because I insisted on putting on the Origional Rear factory shocks on my marauder . He found me the last known set available. Since then Ford has changed the part # and the shock isn't the same as the Origional ones . I a few weeks ago I took them off with 6031 miles on them and had to put QA1's on because I had put 305's on the rear.

Thread Information