Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stacy's 04 Pro charged 04

Stacy's 04 Pro charged 04

Well I met this man last year and up graded his Pro Charger kit with a air box and a PCV system, he lives out of State, he had some issues with the car several months back, he took the car in to a shop in his area, and he was told the car was running out of fuel and Maf, he was sold a Mafia and a KB BAP, and by his dyno sheet the car was running lean at WOT above 5000 RPM, but the car was making less than 330 RWHP, so to me the 90 MMLM was not the issue the car had a GT pump supposedly installed, by the previous owner and this shop verified it was a GT pump, but he was told he needed a entire fuel system, he could not afford it, and when I was told of this three weeks ago, I called him, I stopped and gave him my car to drive, we brought his car back here yesterday, today I found the BAP turned all the way up. I took the pump out and it was the worst mess I have ever seen, it was a GT pump but the pump wiring was chafed and bare in many spots in had splices and the wrong connectors on the pump. Not only that they never even removed the GT pump from the plastic GT housing, and used a hose clamp at the bottom. No rubber inserts to cut down vibration it was a complete mess.

Before

I took no chances I found a used assembly at a local yard and I installed a Focus pump.

After

I then strapped the car down did one pull FP was 39 PSI or higher at WOT and the FP duty cycle was 60%, I will Post dyno sheets and the video tomorrow. The IAT was a bit high but that is because of the inner cooler and piping but over all the car came out well. Considering the car is all stock except for the S/C.

Hey Dennis,
    Here are the numbers from the other shop.
    RWHP----337
    RWTQ----346

The car made 378/380 at 8 PSI
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 04-16-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typos and pictures

Hard to believe a real shop pulled that crappy pump and fuel hat out for inspection, then simply re-installed it. I guess they saw $$$ and wanted to sell a complete system instead of fixing what was there already.

Good job Dennis.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

wow, that was rigged!
    good call on the new assembly.
    that new set up looks sharp.

Forgive me but where is the focus pump? All I see is a fuel pump ive never seen before.

41 HP gain from just a fuel pump swap, I want one

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Forgive me but where is the focus pump? All I see is a fuel pump ive never seen before.

Zack your forgiven, this is a focus pump taken out of the case, it looks almost identical to the stock Marauder pump seen laying in the back ground, if it will make you feel better I will post the case when I get to the shop.

Just for you.

Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 04-15-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: added picture

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    41 HP gain from just a fuel pump swap, I want one

The car never gained this on the pump, it gained it on the fact it could be tuned with more timing, and ran to a higher RPM safely, since the lack of fuel pressure was solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart View Post
    The car never gained this on the pump, it gained it on the fact it could be tuned with more timing, and ran to a higher RPM safely, since the lack of fuel pressure was solved.
    Either way, sweet

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Thank you, and I fully agree.
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 04-15-2010 at 08:46 AM.

it's amazing what these shops sometimes call work done to a car

So many people wasting money on shotty work @ so many places now a days.

Glad you could help him out Dennis and did a proper job for him plus saved him some cash and headach's!

A friend of mine had bad work done and bad advice given on his 1970 Chevelle a a few too many times and finaly got tired of going back to them over and over again dumping more and more money and still ending up with bad resutls.

First they had to high an intake on the engine for a car that barley see's high speeds going from in state show to show so it hated to idle. Had to have him buy a lower rise intake and install that for him to get the car to run the way he needed. Plus they had no idea how to set the jets on a Holly double pumper and ran rich as hell always shooting carbon out the tail pipe's.

Then they did an MSD ignition system with a rebuilt distributer from the looks of it and had 2 small light weight return springs on the centrificle advance that could not pull the weights back in so when he took his foot off the throttle it would stall basicly every time from being too far advanced.

Plus the rotor contact was not meeting the center carbon pin so it was tossing carbon all over the inside of the cap and wearing the center contact out quickly on the cap.

So called speed shops have to love them!
    Last edited by LeoVampire; 04-15-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: forgot something

Bought Her for my 40th B Day in August of 2004 @ Crest Lincoln Mercury
    Assembled 12/17/2003
    #1183 of a build of 3214
    and is #379 of 1237

Link to Mod's and car:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...o=view&id=8832

Link to Pictures of the Kids/Animals, Cars I have built or a hand in building as well as cars and trucks I have owned.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...php?albumid=16

Well here is the finished product the car made good safe power and is being picked up this Saturday, I was glad I could save this man 2000.00 he we so disappointed he was ready to take the kit off and return the car back to stock. And the shop wanted 1400.00 to take off the S/C and return the car to stock. That is enough to make any one puke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czi1c3u-BTk

Nice work, Dennis. That piping job needs help, though. I know it was the other shop's existing work. I can get ProCharger pipes tucked!

Swap his intercooler for one of yours with your pipes and change him to blow through = +50 - 65HP easy!

I'm happy to see another ProCharger owner happy!

I AM!!! Nice work!
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

^^^ what he said.

Well it would be nice to grt a Marauder here with a PC, do a pull as is, then add just my inner cooler and piping. I am sure the IAT would make a big drop. And the car could make much more safe power.

My IATs are 10 deg above ambient with my PC.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information