Thread: Air Compressor not kicking in??

Air Compressor not kicking in??

Hello, apologies if this is buried in another post but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Last summer my compressor appeared to stop working as my air bags would not fill. So I did the manual fill with another air pump. When doing this, you can hear a "click" and it will take air for about 7-8 seconds, then stop. Hit the switch in the trunk, wait for the click, repeat.

I assumed I had a bad air compressor so I purchased a brand new one. It does the SAME THING. The compressor will not kick in after the "click" of the solenoids to allow air in the bags.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what could the issue be? I tried replacing the relay but it does nothing. I want this to be fixed before I get it out of winter storage. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

OK first thing 1st, when you are dealing with the air ride, please leave one or two car doors wide-open and you must not shut these doors when you try this process. So lay a towel or something so the door doesn’t shut with the wind. So do you have a limit switch that mounts between the frame and the axle on the driver side rear differential. Sometimes the switch can get bent or I can pop the ball socket off then it would raise the car more. So I’ve got a bunch of Marauder‘s, dealing with one car that the pump stays on But the bags are not evenly airing up. so the reason I had you leave the doors open is because if you start playing with that switch on the rear axle then the car will deflate and kill you. If the doors are left open then it will not deflate. And of course you must have the car with the wheels all the way up and not the body lifted so so it’s kind of a pain to get in there. As of right now, there would be no reason for the pump to stop airing up unless it’s been told that the limit switch is saying I made it up all the way. What you have is the module behind the passengers glove box. What that does is controls the variable speed for the steering, and it is also the controller for the air ride system. I would shut the airbags off with the switch in the back turn the key on started turn the key off shut it off turn the bags back on in the back trunk switch to make everything operable. This is after you verify the limit switch on the rear axle is perfect. If that rear axle switch is bad internally the machine will go all the way up or all the way down. That limit switch is also the same switch on a ride crown Victoria and a ride grand marquis. I believe it is discontinued Brand new. I don’t think the problem is going to be your limit switch but, no you know a whole lot more than you did before.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Thread Information