Thread: Moisture in the Headlight, Darn !!!

Moisture in the Headlight, Darn !!!

Just got back from a day trip to the north side of Baltimore. After I got back, I noticed a small amount of moisture in the right (passenger) side headlight assembly in the lower corners (shows in about the lower inch of lens). Thought that I have been pretty lucky thus far after some 15 months without the problem showing up. Guess I'll be notifying my dealer to have a set waiting for me at my next service in about 1,500 miles. Darn !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Mine have been that way since day one. Usually, it shows up right after I wash her. I'll have 'em replaced one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    Just got back from a day trip to the north side of Baltimore. After I got back, I noticed a small amount of moisture in the right (passenger) side headlight assembly in the lower corners (shows in about the lower inch of lens). Thought that I have been pretty lucky thus far after some 15 months without the problem showing up. Guess I'll be notifying my dealer to have a set waiting for me at my next service in about 1,500 miles. Darn !!!
    Make sure to snap a photo of the problem before asking your dealer for help.
    Most dealers require proof nowadays. I had my headlights changed to the 'better' variety and still get the fogging condition.

There is a Techinical Service Bullitin on foggy headlights. They have updated them with a new part #. Insist on replacement, some dealers try to give you a stroke job which is . Good Luck
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by Petrograde
    Mine have been that way since day one. Usually, it shows up right after I wash her. I'll have 'em replaced one of these days...
    What I've noticed is that while washing the car, if I hold the water on the headlight lens areas for awhile, then I'll always get that moisture in there, which can take up to a day or two to clear up. However, I no longer hold the water running on that area for a prolonged length of time, but only long enough to just about rinse the soap off, and I no longer have that problem since it doesn't fog up on me like it used to.

Darn, Charlie, it wasn't from when someone, backed into you, at Mason Dixon was it?

Just be thankful the door(s) aren't falling off.

Drives03Maraude Guest

Welcome to my world...

Mine do that as well....what can I do about it to keep ford from porking me when I take it in for warrenty claims?
    -Dennis Stiles

Thread Information