Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: opinions on new Dodge charger

AZ MM Guest

Question opinions on new Dodge charger

Personally not for me,looks ok and 390 ft lbs of torque is great.Bottom line is the Marauders are so great looking and I,ll be getting a Marauder soon .My Lightning will do fine for now. A perfect pair to drive a Marauder and a 03 Lightning with MANY MODS on both..

Quote Originally Posted by AZ MM
    Personally not for me,looks ok and 390 ft lbs of torque is great.Bottom line is the Marauders are so great looking and I,ll be getting a Marauder soon .My Lightning will do fine for now. A perfect pair to drive a Marauder and a 03 Lightning with MANY MODS on both..
    The base Charger I am not crazy about but I like the SRT-8 version.
    2001 Grand Marquis w/HPP
    BC4E Dead Pedal - Ford Billet Fuel Door - Mufflex custom 2.5" Manifold-back exhaust w/X-Pipe - Meg's 4" Marauder Tips - Metco Rear Control Arms & Watts Link - Reinhart Fuel Filter Mod - Quickor Swaybars - PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft - Dyno Pro Panther Door Sills - BF Goodrich KDW-2 245/40/19 Fronts & 285/35/19 Rears - H&R Spacers 30mm & 35MM - HP Design EVO 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 Wheels - Zexel Torsen T2-R Differential - Ford 3.73 Gears - DG Motorsports Radiator Cover - PSP tuned Excal 2 - Ford Silicone Coolant Hoses - QA1 Dual Adjustable Shocks - Car Motorsports Panther Logo UH & TL Liners - TA Performance Differential Cover - Magnaflow Cats & Mufflers - Accufab 75mm Plenum & Throttle Body - 1" Throttle Body & 1/2" Intake Spacers - AP Racing 6 Piston/13.5" Rotors Front Brake Kit - 4" CAI - Typhoon Intake Manifold - EMP Stewart Water Pump
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    MotorSports North East
    15.195 @ 89.79 - 2.207 60' - 4458 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ MM
    OK - it's hard for me to get past the nameplate "CHARGER" and yet see those extra two doors. It's sacrilegious, really. But, I'll put that aside, and only speak of the car, itself...

I think the Charger is better looking than the 300C, or Magnum, but that wouldn't take much... Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the front end - it looks too much like the last generation Durango. It's starting to become easier on the eyes, though (did I really say that?)...

Gotta respect it's abilities in a straight line, though. Try turning corners with an MM, and the Charger will fall behind, quickly.

So, the Marauder wins the looks (in my mind) and handling prizes, while the Charger takes acceleration. The power deficit can easily be overcome, to give you it all, in one package
    2001 Silver SVT Lightning - 2011 Blue Flame F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost

SOLD 2003 Marauder (300A)

I think they tried to look like us but used the power we shouldv'e had..I like em..

I saw one yesterday on the highway...real nice looking in the flesh. The rear view is a bit generic, the hood scoop is positioned too far forward but the line of the car over the rear wheels is nice. The Marauder is still tops for me but I'm glad someone is making a muscular rear wheel drive, V8, four door sedan.

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BK_GrandMarquis
    The base Charger I am not crazy about but I like the SRT-8 version.
    My thoughts exactly!!!

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QWK SVT
    OK - it's hard for me to get past the nameplate "CHARGER" and yet see those extra two doors. It's sacrilegious, really. But, I'll put that aside, and only speak of the car, itself...

I think the Charger is better looking than the 300C, or Magnum, but that wouldn't take much... Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the front end - it looks too much like the last generation Durango. It's starting to become easier on the eyes, though (did I really say that?)...

Gotta respect it's abilities in a straight line, though. Try turning corners with an MM, and the Charger will fall behind, quickly.

So, the Marauder wins the looks (in my mind) and handling prizes, while the Charger takes acceleration. The power deficit can easily be overcome, to give you it all, in one package
    The earlier Marauders were two doors too.

What's the sticker on one of those Charger SRT-8s?
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Horseman
    What's the sticker on one of those Charger SRT-8s?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=charger+srt-8

It's better looking than the 300/Magnum (although that's not hard), and should have plenty of power. I like the fact that it's RWD. I'd buy one if there was nothing else (made by anyone other than DCX) that I liked better.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

hitchhiker Guest
    I like the one pictured in black.

The MM is still better looking.

Regards,

David

Look at the shot of the dash, left of the speedo, the little oil can spilling drips of oil. Is that Daimlers way, of preparing owners, for what's in store down the road? It looks pretty good, I do want to drive one.
    anyone got a feel for availibility?
    I don't see myself buying one, at any juncture. Just curious.
    Bradley G
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Highly rated motor (V8 models). Successful platform.
    The plainest looking of the LX cars. I don't think they are as cool as the Magnum, or as styled as eye catching as the 300C.

The V8's are going to be cherished cars a couple decades from now.

I think any of the LX's (V8 models only) are a worthy buy. Good looking cars. Original looking cars. I just think the Charger is most plainest of them all.

LX is the platform?

I agree the Charger is no where near as " eye catching " as the 300C, or Magnum.
    Those at least, appear to have thier own identity.
    The Charger looks like, parts of other cars/trucks blended together.
    I am sure the motors are good, just a slighted opinion, having sold Chryslers for a long time.
    The newness of the 300C has worn off now, the stubby front and rear overhang just doesn't sit well.
    As far as; "The V8's are going to be cherished cars a couple decades from now." {QUOTE}
    I'm not waiting that long, I cherish my MM everyday, since I got it!
    Have fun today, Shaft333!
    Bradley G
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft333
    Highly rated motor (V8 models). Successful platform.
    The plainest looking of the LX cars. I don't think they are as cool as the Magnum, or as styled as eye catching as the 300C.

The V8's are going to be cherished cars a couple decades from now.

I think any of the LX's (V8 models only) are a worthy buy. Good looking cars. Original looking cars. I just think the Charger is most plainest of them all.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Took a close look at several Chargers yesterday.

I was bored and decided to drive to some Dodge dealerships yesterday.
    I got a chance to take a pretty good look at the Charger R/T's. Each dealer had one there. (nobody had an SRT-8).

I am no genius about cars, but I got to look under one of them since it was inside. Underneath in the rear I saw a suspension that I was not accustomed to. The dealer tells me it is the mercedes 5-link? I dont know. But there are no axle tubes...the axles come out of the differential just like you see them coming out of a front wheel drive, boot and all. I felt the axle was particularly small compared to the numbers they state for HP/TQ.

There is not a Charger here they have not put 8-10K in markup on, all the 300's at the chrysler dealer are the same way. So the sticker on the RT says 32k if i rememer right, but add that 8K+ and you are paying nearly 40K plus taxes.

No thanks. It really doesnt do THAT much for me.
    I like it at about 27K new so I can get in at 20K in a year or two.

On a side note, the dealers looked at my Marauder more than I looked at the Charger . One asked if I was going to trade this one in and all I could say was

be good guys.
    curt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information