Thread: Aeroforce or Scangauge?

Aeroforce or Scangauge?

To those of you using either gauge, what do you think? I am thinking about an Aeroforce, mainly to monitor IAT and fuel pressure. Also, while reading through some older posts I thought there was mention of a Marauder specific Aeroforce gauge?
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Both are great...it's taste and money here...

scangauge is great and much cheaper but not as inconspicuous...to me it looks like someones old school vcr remote...wired and boxy.

Aeroforce is great and much more expensive but fits in factory console gauge spots

Two aeroforces will show four parameters at one time, but you will pay for their beauty! I love mine and wouldnt do it any other way...here's to simple factory looking integration! Oh, YES they do make a Marauder specific guage.
    2003 300A
    Widened Rear Wheels with 295 45 Nitto G2's
    Eaton Swapped by Curless
    Brake Upgrade
    Mo's Tune
    JLT Intake
    Addco Sway Bars
    ADTR Coil Over Suspension
    Metco Control Arms & Watts Link
    SW Headers and Exhaust
    Accessories By FastBlackMerc
    4.10 Gears
    Aeroforce Gauges
    Pantherlights Headlamps

Thanks for your input! I think i'll get a single Aeroforce gauge and put in in a Dual pillar pod with my boost gauge.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

It more than beauty. Aeroforce is made SPECIFICALLY for Marauder and has an available god-head start screen. Also PID's refresh several times a second on Aeroforce as opposed to every second or two on Scanguage. You get what you pay for.
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Did anyone come up with an overlay for the Aeroforce gauge face? Are they willing to share with other MM.net members?

Here's the two underlay sheets I made and use...
    Each one is slightly different... find which one fits the best on you aeroforce and print it on a transparancey... then cut them out...

they are all very close...
    If you have a different graphic that you would like other than the one I use.... just send it to me & I'll swap graphics...

p.s. It will print solid black and not show the hatching.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have the Aeroforce in place of the stock Voltmeter and I love it. It's worked perfectly for well over a year now and I appreciate the true real time readout that is not available from the scangauge.
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

Quote Originally Posted by Loco1234 View Post
    Here's the two underlay sheets I made and use...
    Each one is slightly different... find which one fits the best on you aeroforce and print it on a transparancey... then cut them out...

they are all very close...
    If you have a different graphic that you would like other than the one I use.... just send it to me & I'll swap graphics...

p.s. It will print solid black and not show the hatching.....
    Thanks for the images. Can i use my laserjet printer or do i need a different set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace2Peep View Post
    Both are great...it's taste and money here...

scangauge is great and much cheaper but not as inconspicuous...to me it looks like someones old school vcr remote...wired and boxy.

Aeroforce is great and much more expensive but fits in factory console gauge spots

Two aeroforces will show four parameters at one time, but you will pay for their beauty! I love mine and wouldnt do it any other way...here's to simple factory looking integration! Oh, YES they do make a Marauder specific guage.
    Here's what I did with mine....Zack pioneered this mod!!
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 12-01-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    To those of you using either gauge, what do you think? I am thinking about an Aeroforce, mainly to monitor IAT and fuel pressure. Also, while reading through some older posts I thought there was mention of a Marauder specific Aeroforce gauge?

I have them both but I really like the Aeroforce guage

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Here's what I did with mine....Zack pioneered this mod!!
    Thats what I plan to do with mine.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

I was going to post some pictures but I keep getting a message they have to be reviewed I am not sure what has changed. It worked fine yesterday

Sensors Needed?

Are any additional sensors needed with the Aeroforce gauge or is it a complete unit. Also, how do you order the specific MM startup screen. I do not see any mention of it on their website.

Where is the cheapest place you can buy the Aeroforce or do you have to order it from their website.

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

You would need an added sensor if you want to show oil pressure. All other parameters are through the OBD II port - easy hook-up. You get the oil pressure sender from Aeroforce. I got mine from the web site but I thought that Wes sells them now - don't know. I asked for the Marauder start-up screen from the guys at the web site - no problem. Jon
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

Thread Information