Thread: Pulled over for driving a Marauder!

Pulled over for driving a Marauder!

So this morning after dropping my kids off at daycare I was headed east toward work. I followed a big white cargo van for awhile but he was going kind of slow so I went around him - nothing agressive, etc. A couple more blocks ahead I saw a cop turn in on my side of the street and U turn to come out. He came out somewhere behind me. I turned south and didn't think anything else of the cop. I get to a stoplight and notice the cop is behind me and there is another one on the road that crosses the one I am on... He has the green but is just sitting there. As soon as my light turned green both cop cars got behind me and pulled me over.

The cop comes to the window and asks if I 'have a problem with a van'. I reply 'no'. He asks if I was using a flashlight to flash the van. I am shocked! He said the big white cargo van driver called the cops and told them that somone in a CV was behind them that kept flashing them with a spotlight trying to get them to pull over.... Well I look in my rearview mirror and realize that I have one of those parabolic mirrors attached to my back seat so that I can see my rear facing child in my rear view mirror. The sun was just coming up and I was driving east. I figure the sun was reflecting off the mirror and hitting the cargo van. I suggest this to the cop and roll down my rear window so he can see the mirror.

The cops checked me out and said I was free to go....

So what are the chances of this happening????
    2003 Marauder - 300A
    Superchips 1725

1969 Mustang Sportsroof
    302, 4 speed, 3.40 trac-loc, Edelbrock goodies, electronic ignition,

1991 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock 5.0 short block, Paxton 1220 SL w/ 10# pulley, 489 RWHP/472 RWTQ, many other go fast & handling parts

WOW! Freaky coincidence to be sure. Lucky you though of it before they pulled you in. Imagine, though, if your kid had been in the car seat at the time.
    He'd be blind now!

I would of been ticked but it is kind of funny though lol.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Put a rear view camera in...... get a DVD head unit to attach it to... no more mirror! Good excuse for an upgrade if you ask me!!!

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." is the moto of the year!
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

I would have said yes, van go to slow, me pass.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Good thing that they did not charge you with a terriost act and send you to Gitmo.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Good thing that they did not charge you with a terriost act and send you to Gitmo.
    Gito's gone, it drew too much attention, and now its only area 51 and the secrete nazi dungeon in Germany they used in the cold war.

But more to the subject, yeah that was freaky, that van must have been scared something fierce to call on you, but then there have been fake police pullovers on the news now
    2003 Black w/Charcoal int. #1301 of the 7839

Current Mods: Lidio 93 3.55 Tune, JLT Intake, Steeda under drive pulleys, Stewart water pump, 180 T-stat, Progard, REAL oil pressure gauge w/ stock face

Current Features:
    6 CD changer, trunk organizer, McGard Wheel locks, domed silver inserts

Coming soon: 4.10s? (maybe)

My baby's theme song?
    Heavy Metal (takin' a ride) 1981 (Don Felder)

I think unless they found a flashlight or a spotlight in your car they had nothing but hearsay on the van drivers' part.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

"What are the chances....", I'd say that the odds on this are in the trillions, (like the national debt) to one. Will never happen again. Every bump in the road, curve acceleration, deceleration, distance between, Etc. Wow, quick thinking, nice save.
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

At least you weren't pulled over for an illegal tint. I'm always on the lookout for cops.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Las Vegas

Out here the cops wouldn't even care. There is so much going on it's hard to get them to respond to anything. On the other hand, revenue down so tickets are up, I'm on the lookout for em.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I would have said yes, van go to slow, me pass.
    .............said Mongo.

I can't hear the noise in your head. Please keep it that way.

The incident really sounds flakey to me. The van driver can't tell the difference between a sun flash in a mirror and a spotlight or flashlight?

Seems that there was more going on inside that van or else you rubbed him the wrong way for some reason. Never heard of anyone pulling over for a "flashing spotlight". There is some guy here in Northern Virginia pulling young woman over with flashing "reds" in a black Crown Vic.

FYI. All police in Virginia use all flashing "blues" or a combination of "reds & blues" --- never just reds alone or reds and whites -- 'cause that is Fire & Rescue.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    At least you weren't pulled over for an illegal tint. I'm always on the lookout for cops.
    I do have that.... that's why I had to roll the rear window down for them to see the mirror...
    2003 Marauder - 300A
    Superchips 1725

1969 Mustang Sportsroof

Stock 5.0 short block, Paxton 1220 SL w/ 10# pulley, 489 RWHP/472 RWTQ, many other go fast & handling parts

Oh, this did happen on 8 Mile Road - just west of Detroit so who knows what the van driver was thinking....
    2003 Marauder - 300A
    Superchips 1725

1969 Mustang Sportsroof

Thread Information