Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do i fix this?....

How do i fix this?....

someone posted a diagram on how to snap this flap back in place and i cannot find it. i have used the search function.... horribly. i have no idea on what its called so i was typing nonsense into the search bar. any help is appreciated.

sorry for the big picture, dont know how to resize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Just sit in the seat all pull straight down and in and it will hook on the seat frame underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

+1................🏧
    “Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.” - Bill McGlashen

To achieve anything in this game you must be prepare to dabble in the boundary of disaster. – Sterling Moss

Thanks from me too. Mine has been hanging for a month. Tried fiddling with it once without much success.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Long term fix, remove the seat, flip it over, secure the flap to the metal tab that it hooks on with some sheet metal screws, and then reinstall the seat; voila!

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

i pulled my seat out two bolts 13mm one nut 13mm one nut 18mm turned seat bottom -up snapped flap back on and just duct taped it
    better to do a burn-out than fade away

Yeah, that flap can be a bear to put back in place if not familiar with the way it attaches. Mine hung down for about year with a few attempts during the heat and cold. Just finally went for it and it fell in place pretty easy once got the jist of it.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

i was wondering the same thing mine just been hanging sicne bought the car 2 years ago and just tuck it up under since it dosent bother me much

03 MERC MARAUDER 300A BLACK/CHARCOAL
    BORN 6/19/2002
    #1576 OF A BUILD OF 7838
    MODS:
    Motor Rebuid: 7/22/11, Transmission Rebuild: 11/24/10, SCT DR 93 octane tune , K&N CAI, BC4E Dead Pedal, FBM LCM & EATC Fix, Marty-O Fender Badges , "POWERED BY FORD" Coil Covers, Optima Red Top Battery, SS Inserts, Personilized Tags, Factory Spolier , CarMotorSports Badges , 2.5 Crowl Fiberglass Hood , 6k HID Head/ 6K HID Fog Lights , Reinhart Proguard , G2 RED painted calibers , Gorilla Wheel Lock System , FBM "MARUADER" Pedals/ Sills.....

AUDIO SYSTEM:
    Pioneer 7' Touchscreen DVD Headunit , 2 12' Kicker L7's, Kicker 1500.1 Amp , Kicker 350.4 Amp , Kicker Ported Sub Box, "Big 3" Upgrade , 0 Guage Stinger Wires All Around , Rocksford Fosgate 10 Farad Capacitor , Kinetiks HC2000 Audio Battery , 250 Amp DB Alternator , Dynamat All Around , Rocksford 6x8 Doors, Kicker 6x9 Deck Amplified , Kicker 6x9 in Trunk Amplified ,Rocksford 1' Tweeters Custom Mounted "A" Pillars...

Simple fix!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Some pics of what it looks like when it's in place would be great.....magnifico....because both of mine are just hanging!!!!

I cannot figure out how to fken put it back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stMerc View Post
    Just finally went for it and it fell in place pretty easy once got the jist of it.
    What Waymon said^^^

I did the same thing and felt kinda dumb once I figured it out...it really is easy, just not obvious.

The slot in the white plastic strip snaps into place under the front edge of the seat frame. You have kinda wrap the cover material in the opposite direction of what you might think at first, but it really does go in easily once you get it. No tools required...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

The trick is to pull it down, then kind of roll it under.

Quote Originally Posted by finster101 View Post
    The trick is to pull it down, then kind of roll it under.
    Thanks!

I plan on tackling this task once I'm done at work.

Much easier if you take the seat out.

Had to do mine 2x's.

It comes loose because the leather stretches.

The second time I used pop rivets to secure it.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information