Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts list for a TR6060 install.

Parts list for a TR6060 install.

I have received a few PM's regarding needed parts so I put together a list of what I used, yours could vary. Most parts from '07-'12 are the same, but the trans itself was beefed up in 2010-12.

Trans: 2012 GT500 TR6060 ( rated at 600 ft. lbs.) w/1,800 miles. I paid $1,000 shipped for the trans, clutch components, shifter, cross member (not used), and he even threw in his brake master cylinder and booster, but I couldn't retrofit.

Trans mount: factory GT500

Shifter: I used a stock 2012. *no matter the shifter it will require shortening about 2" on the (2) support legs and the linkage. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=22920876062

Clutch kit: flywheel, both discs, pressure plate, and hydraulic TOB from a 2012 bolt right up. This is a McLeod kit minus TOB but is better and $500 cheaper.. http://www.americanmuscle.com/mcleod...10&model=GT500

Clutch alignment tool: yes you will need it or have fun aligning a twin disc! You do NOT need a fancy aluminum one, the plastic one works perfect. I believe this is the one I bought. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-105313-f

Stainless line upgrade kit with adaptors: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mcleod...005&adtype=pla

Reservoir: Shelby's share theirs with the brake reservoir and I imagine you could simply drill and tap a fitting onto yours. I simply added a Wilwood remote reservoir to simplify the process. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wi...FeU-MgodjgoArA

Pedals: I had NO clue what I would need so I bought a fox body set for $65 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=06545227216 and a '07 fully loaded hydraulic set with all switches included for $80 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=02698839816 off various forums. I also probably have $40 in additional hardware I bought from ACE, but probably only used $3 worth...

Driveshaft: The Driveshaft Shop CV style aluminum extended GT500 upgrade.
    http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domest...earance-issues

Do NOT be sold on a steel telescoping design. Yes they can handle a ton of HP on a launch, but simply can't take WOT runs past 90 or so. I know, I've been thru two shafts and three rebalances..

Shifter boot and handle assembly: $29 ebay was the best source. *You will find that it has a hard plastic bottom that is square VS your rounded edge counsel. Simply trim down the four corners underneath the boot and she is a perfect fit that clips right on. i have decided that mounting it under the counsel looks way better and also plan to go back on this, maybe even finished off with one of Jim's (FBM) awesome Marauder bezels. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...543&cmd=VIDESC

Shifter handle extension: only one I could find. *must be grinded down to fit into the factory handle as well as shortened as well as the shifter threads because you only need an additional 2" or so to achieve factory Marauder shifter handle height. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=25886554355

Ford racing pilot bearing for all mod motors: http://m.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-7600-b

Flywheel bolts: recommend new. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6379-b

Pressure plate bolts: recommend new. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6397-a46

Neutral safety pigtail: http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sho...chTerm=Pigtail

Reverse lock out pigtail: http://www.americanautowire.com/shop...-pigtail-wires

Speedo pigtail: I "think" this is the one required. http://www.americanmuscle.com/speed-...ctor-7904.html

Back up light pigtail: I purchased an upgraded sensor and pigtail after reading up on many failures regarding the OEM sensor. They were wrong on the fitment so in a bind to my Louisville I soldered the wires to the sensor for the time being.. This is the OEM pigtail needed. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=250900174559

Crossmember: 10' of 3/4" X 1 1/2" rectangular tubing, 2' of 1 1/4" OD thick wall tubing, 1' of 1 1/2" tube w/plugged ends for mounting bolts. Last pieces i used were approximately 1' X 6" 3/16" plate steel. Reason being for the 3/4" X 1 1/2" material is you only have 1" between the trans and the mount on the front side and my goal from the start was to never change the output shaft centerline. To accomplish this, the mount had to be tucked up as high as possible. There was no way that I could find to reuse the OEM cross member without serious modifications further weakening a HEAVY ugly unit. Mine is less than half the weight. There is probably 30 different designs you could build and all would work fine. I wanted simplistic, lite, and be removable in under 30 secs.

Parking brake mount: obviously you will be using this now.. I reused the old by cutting some tabs off here and there, flipping it upside down and moving it to the frame rail cross member perch. It now uses one of the cross member bolt holes, and I drilled a second hole in the perch to use for the second hole. Works flawlessly.

As for the pedals I used the factory brake pedal assembly in its entirety adding a fox body pedal (bent to fit better) and half of the fox body swing shaft and bushings. I used the master cylinder, brake return spring (for use with the fox body pedal), neutral safety switch and its mount. Everything else was custom mounts. If you are willing to lose the adjustable pedals then there is a TON of more real-estate above the gas pedal to simply use all of the fox body swing shaft and do your mock up on the other side. I do not care for decontenting factory options as I see it as hack work or laziness, even though I haven't touched my adjustable pedal switch in nine years.. BUT with having the motor for that right smack in the way of the shaft, it would certainly be more ideal to abandon that so you could pass right through to the gas pedal side.

Trans tunnel: easier than it looks for anyone with a clue of grinding and welding. I believe my final cut dimensions were 3 1/2" X 14". I then folded about 1" up all the way around to create a simple lap joint for the new tunnel extension I built out of 18 gauge metal IIRC. Total height extension I believe was 3 1/4" at the back. The only massaging necessary was the very front (under dash) it was a minimal 1/4" or so. I then welded the entire new tunnel inside and dynamatted it and I spot welded the bottom side of the lap and used seam sealer, finishing off with using truck roll on bed liner on the entire underside. WOW did it turn out sharp!

Reason for the tunnel extension was simple. This shifter is an under mount remote assembly. I did try at first to mount it above the tunnel like I saw someone on another site do with a panther. But as usuall, it was hack work and zero possibility of ever sealing up the two support arms and the linkage. Nice thing is you can easily replace the tunnel with one from a junked car if you ever feel like going back to auto, or simply keep the extension and go with a nice after market automatic shifter.

Other parts that are reusable include the starter and the engine plate.

Be prepared to snap your ring and pinion depending on your mods. I snapped every single tooth on my new 4.30 pinion and 12 teeth off the ring on the street with 420's on a 1st gear pedal up launch. Not sure why it gave out as I had just rolled a 1,000 miles of torturous miles since completion of the project. I am now installing a Yukon 4.10 gear in hopes the increased pinion diameter will help some. Just thought I would warn you of the newfound killer Torque loads...
    Yukon 4.11: http://m.summitracing.com/parts/yga-24097

That's it in a nutshell. Pics can be found here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=86055
    I will reserve some space on post 2 incase I need to add stuff.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.
    Last edited by justbob; 09-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Reserved for additional info if needed.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Great info, thanks for compiling all that into one post! 2050 RPMs at 80 MPH sounds awesome. I wonder where the tach would be with 3.55s at that speed and this setup?

When it comes to the pedal assembly, there is a member on one of the other sites that makes pedal setups for manual swaps into Panthers. I'm not sure if his pedals would work in this case or not because of the hydraulic TOB, but I've seen his work in person and they are very well put together.
    2003 300A #5377 130,XXX Miles

Drilled and slotted rotors from Ebay
    JLT
    Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and 3" catback.
    Mo's Tune

OH! Gee Bob sound's like a simple afternoon installation! I """""""did""""""""" read it three times! Really!!!!! Maybe if I read it again that would build my confidence! Dahhhhhhhhh

OK we need a build off!!!!!!!!! Justbob verse's Zach!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh it was not mentioned while he was putting the trans in he also whipped Mike's car together! I guess he had some spare time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baaad GN View Post
    OK we need a build off!!!!!!!!! Justbob verse's Zach!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh it was not mentioned while he was putting the trans in he also whipped Mike's car together! I guess he had some spare time!!!!
    Lets not. Zack and I are good friends and there is nothing to compete about as we are constantly helping each other however we can.

You gain more info in this world working with each other as opposed to against. < that's an original justbob quote and I approve of its use.

SOLD 12/31/2021

great write up bob..........
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

I agree Bob, ya know it would be nice if Zack was able to post here, opps sorry!

Biscuits FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Thanks for sharing!!!! Awesome totally Awesome!!!
    03 SB 300B

Eaton Swap Tuned by Fast Specialities

Trans rebuilt by Darin at BC Automotive with a Triple Disc 11in Circle D TC. Tuned by Zack. The man that made my Marauder fun again.

4.10 gears with Cobra clutches. No more one wheel peel

Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

Next bigger brakes!!!!

awesome post, 6 speed swaps need to be the next big thing

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

P.S. if I had a garage I'd be pulling my car apart tonight!... I don't think I could hide an operation like this in my parking lot, unlike some of my others

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

Quote Originally Posted by License2Bil View Post
    Great info, thanks for compiling all that into one post! 2050 RPMs at 80 MPH sounds awesome. I wonder where the tach would be with 3.55s at that speed and this setup?

When it comes to the pedal assembly, there is a member on one of the other sites that makes pedal setups for manual swaps into Panthers. I'm not sure if his pedals would work in this case or not because of the hydraulic TOB, but I've seen his work in person and they are very well put together.
    Please share that info on pedal assembly... am interested...
    MONEY PIT STATS:
    Cobra Long Block 3-11
    Tuxedo Paint 2-12
    Spoiler added when painted
    Class Glass Hood also added when Painted
    SCT3 Tuner and Marty Tune 3-12
    Dead Pedal 3-12
    MORE TO COME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUXrauder View Post
    Please share that info on pedal assembly... am interested...
    I'll save you the trouble.

I know who your speaking of and they are all cable operated. As for quality, never seen them, can't comment.

SOLD 12/31/2021

A little late to the party here. Justbob posted on my thread at CVN and I finally found this build thread. Truly epic stuff here, cutting and welding is a bit intimidating for the bolt on types (like me). But starting with a beefy trans is much smarter than getting a TR3650 and try to beef it up. And then you get a Trilogy etc and blow the trans into pieces..
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black
    Build date: 9/26/03 552 of 3214 2004's
    105K miles Second Owner. Charcoal interior Heated Seats All stock with Lidio 91/93 Octane tune 14.85@95.63 with 93 tune only. 96 cobra intake cams in the cellar, pondering TR6060 swap.

Pictures

2004 Crown Vic LX 150K Silver Birch with Light flint leather. Auto dim mirror, EATC and steering wheel radio controls. 21mm marauder rear sway bar and wood steering wheel. MM head unit , MM subwoofer coming (really) 04 P-71 80 mm MAF/ airbox 04 p71 zip tube 04 P-71 PCM swap. Heated mirrors with silver birch endcaps coming!!

Pictures

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Touring Edition 250K 2004 PI 2V swap complete! Sold

Pictures

74 Laguna S-3 Project car Original 400 Small block

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information