Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortech Air To Air kit is complete

Vortech Air To Air kit is complete - Restarted Thread.

Just like fine wine that grows with time, so does hard work and patience. I want to thank Kelley for being patient with me on his car. We have rebuilt the transmission, added a PI 3000 stall, along with his Kooks and 4.10 gears.

We installed the Vortech Air to Air kit. This is a turn key kit, with no add on's, nothing else is needed - just bolt and play. It comes with a new SCT Xcalibrator with built in data logger, 42 pound injectors, a SCT B2400 MAF and adapter, a K&N air cleaner, a custom air box, a special PCV system, a relocated coolant reservoir, all the hoses and clamps, an external IAT and harness, the MAF that is good for over 500 RWHP. I use only the twin Cobra fuel pump assembly and a huge speearco air to air heat exchanger. We used a special designed inlet pipe which is 4" - the same size as an Anderson Ford Power pipe. The pipe has the bypass inlet tube angled down the pipe to keep from back washing the MAF, the rest of the pipes are 3".

I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this. He is the best welder I have ever seen. He designed the airbox as well. It has riv nuts installed with stainless steel Allen heads. He hand made all the pipes and welded them. We sent the pipes and air box out to John at J&D coatings and had the pipes Jet coated silver and the Air box jet coated black. We installed inlet and outlet Air charge sensors just before and after the air to air cooler, I will monitor and map this when we get the car on the dyno.

We used stock bolt holes to mount the after cooler and the stock air dam went right in place which will add for air flow at lower speeds as well as much increased air flow at sub light speeds haha.

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick.

Click on picture below for a slide show.

Last edited by MM03MOK; 05-04-2005 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Creating Slide Show

Looks like a complete copy the Procharger Kit, nice work!
    Last edited by tmac1337; 05-04-2005 at 12:07 PM.
    Empty Garage, but Fat bank account

Thumbs up Another great product from Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart
    Just like fine wine that grows with time, so does hard work and patience. I want to thank Kelley for being patient with me on his car. We have rebuilt the transmission, added a PI 3000 stall, along with his Kooks and 4.10 gears.

We installed the Vortech Air to Air kit. This is a turn key kit, with no add on's, nothing else is needed - just bolt and play. It comes with a new SCT Xcalibrator with built in data logger, 42 pound injectors, a SCT B2400 MAF and adapter, a K&N air cleaner, a custom air box, a special PCV system, a relocated coolant reservoir, all the hoses and clamps, an external IAT and harness, the MAF that is good for over 500 RWHP. I use only the twin Cobra fuel pump assembly and a huge speearco air to air heat exchanger. We used a special designed inlet pipe which is 4" - the same size as an Anderson Ford Power pipe. The pipe has the bypass inlet tube angled down the pipe to keep from back washing the MAF, the rest of the pipes are 3".

I want to thank Tracy from Speed Fab for all the hard work he put in this. He is the best welder I have ever seen. He designed the airbox as well. It has riv nuts installed with stainless steel Allen heads. He hand made all the pipes and welded them. We sent the pipes and air box out to John at J&D coatings and had the pipes Jet coated silver and the Air box jet coated black. We installed inlet and outlet Air charge sensors just before and after the air to air cooler, I will monitor and map this when we get the car on the dyno.

We used stock bolt holes to mount the after cooler and the stock air dam went right in place which will add for air flow at lower speeds as well as much increased air flow at sub light speeds haha.

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick. I will set this up as a slide show later on today.

Another bada$$ Marauder on the streets of america.Wtg Dennis

Congratulations, obviously a lot of time and effort was spent developing this kit.
    Last edited by tmac1337; 05-04-2005 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac1337
    Looks like a complete copy the Procharger Kit, nice work!

If there is any Justice Procharger Corp. will sue you!
    How could we tell, Greg refused to post any detailed pics of the tubing routing underneath. And the intercooler is mounted in a sensible location instead of the stupid snowplow configuration.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    How could we tell, Greg refused to post any detailed pics of the tubing routing underneath. And the intercooler is mounted in a sensible location instead of the stupid snowplow configuration.
    How could you tell, I will tell you, I found DR in my car at SCT the day I went to pick it up. And this story is not even negative commentary, but fact.

How could you tell, I will tell you, I found DR in my car at SCT the day I went to pick it up. And this story is not even negative commentary, but fact.
    What ever happened in your car is non of my concern, but take it out in person or via PM.

I find it amazing that people can't keep the BS down to a minimum. We can't have an supercharger thread without some little girls getting their panties in a wad.

Other than looking similar from a top view the Vortech kit is different in many ways. I like all of the Marauder supercharger kits and considered others before Dennis did his project on my car. It's a nice kit and a great deal of work went into this project.

Let the games begin.
    Last edited by klmore; 05-04-2005 at 12:36 PM.
    05 - SRT-10 Truck, Viper V10, 6-Speed, 92 of 200 in white.
    06 - Mercedes R350
    65 - Mustang Convertible

03 MM:
    Black, Cd Changer. Sold

Current Mods: Vortech air to air supercharger #1, SCT B2400 MAF, 42 lbs. Injectors, K&N, Custom Air box, Twin Cobra Fuel pumps, Stage II trans, PI 3000 Stall Converter, MM drive shaft, DR cooling mod, FRPP 4.10’s, FRPP girdle cover/stud kit, Motorcraft Plugs, 180 Stat., 9100 SCT, Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms, Full Kook's exhaust..

Quote Originally Posted by klmore
    I find it amazing that people can't keep the BS down to a minimum. We can't have an supercharger thread without some little girls getting their panties in a wad.

Other than looking similar from a top view the Vortech kit is different in many ways.

Let the game begin.
    Yeah, right, I guess he forgot to tell you about him being up at SCT and scutinizing my car, including taking it out for a spin, as I observed him coming back when I got there. I would have posted all about it but it would have been deleted here. Whatever!

As far as my panties, I see you have his kit number one so....

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want. I am not even negatively saying anything, but FACT!

Yeah, right, I guess he forgot to tell you about him being up at SCT and scutinizing my car, including taking it out for a spin, as I observed him coming back when I got there. I would have posted all about it but it would have been deleted here. Whatever!
    Who took it for a spin? How about the whole story, Tim.

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want.
    No, it won't get deleted. I see you've changed you post a couple of times, captured by others.

I also do recall Dennis helping Greg in the beginning so why wouldn't there be similarities. While the partnership faded away, that is no excuse for legal accusations that are unfounded.

Both Greg and Dennis can be proud of what they've done. Can't we all leave it at that?

OK - back on topic, please!

Exclamation My two cents

Here we go again

I have not seen either S/C setup in person, only picture on this website. But I would think that if you take the same car, and try to fit similar superchargers under the hood, you will end up with similar setups.

I just don't think that Dennis would wait, to look at someone else's setup and than copy it. I'm sure he has seen and build tons of very similar S/C setups. Any smiliarity is probably due to them being identical cars and similar S/C concepts.

I remember Dennis talking about wanting to develop an Air-to-Air kit. He probably started this long before he saw your car.

Again, you have your opinion, I have mine. I have learned a long time ago that you won't be convincing anyone of your opinion on a discussion board. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just adding my $0.02.
    Hope you can see some of my points I'm trying to make.

Thanks,

Peter aka MMM2003
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

As far as my panties, I see you have his kit number one so....

This will get deleted so I guess it will not matter. A lot of people know the story so he and you can say what you want. I am not even negatively saying anything, but FACT!
    I am not going to delete it either,, HOWEVER<< I am going to delete you. I get tired of getting bad post reports on just about any thread you care to reply to. I hoped your little vacation would have helped you "get your mind right". Plead your case to Logan if you like,,but until the time that he shows mercy on you, you are personna-non-grata.

SEE-YA

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart

We will get the car on the dyno later on this week, and I will post the data log and dyno sheets. The car is capable of making well over 450 RWHP. I am a firm believer of keeping it safe so I will settle for just under 450 RWHP. You have to consider 450 RWHP is 540 HP to the flywheel, but this kit, with a simple pulley changed, the boost can be changed real quick.

Click on picture below for a slide show.

Looks good Dennis. I like the way the pipes hug the frame when they go around the radiator support. That lets me know about how much clearance I have when positioning other things in the fenderwell. Anxious to see the power and temp data.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

SlowMarauder Guest
    Both kits look nice, there is no need for any negative comments about either of the kits. I would personally like to see a sc thread without Tmac's comments. I think we are all growing tired of it.

Who cares if someone copied someone.

Thats called competition.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-White
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-Silver
    2011 Ford Fusion SE

Retired 2003 Mercury Marauder/Trilogy 054
    Retired 2004. 13.00 on Nitrous safely tuned by Alt Auto.

WhoMe Guest
    It's a consipiracy Actually I've refrained from commenting on anything to do with TMAC's car and us because the kit was under development. I did take Dennis out to lunch in Tim's car because it was parked in back and I needed to drive it on the street anyway. It never even occured to me that anyone would care. I was wrong, and should not have taken Dennis to lunch in Tim's car ....

David
    SCT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information