Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cylinder 5 code PO355

Fix it yet

Just a suggestion. When a coil/misfire problem occurs it makes far more sense to replace all the coils and spark plugs. The PCM is imperfect at identifying which coil is failing, and the reality is the OEM coils were flawed. If one fails, the next is not far behind. You may have more than one failing in an intermittent fashion. It just isn't worth chasing your tail on this one.

Time is money, replace them all. Good deals are available, that is one of the good points of American cars.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

The coils are and were not "flawed"....the damn connectors are the problem!!

Solid connectors.....no corrosion.....no problems with high resistance!!

Mine will be 11 years old in November and have a pot load of miles on 'em......NEVER MISSED A LICK!!

Solid connectors and a new coil and he's set!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    The coils are and were not "flawed"....the damn connectors are the problem!!

Solid connectors.....no corrosion.....no problems with high resistance!!

Mine will be 11 years old in November and have a pot load of miles on 'em......NEVER MISSED A LICK!!

Solid connectors and a new coil and he's set!!
    Not you again

Just because yours worked OK doesn't mean there aren't problems. Dozens of us (or more) have had to replace the coils. I saw burning and arcing on the epoxy casing. And the spring coils "wires" are not high resistance compared to a spark plug gap!

Or did you miss all the threads about coil problems fixed with new units?
    Lifespeed

Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Then answer me this smarta$$.....why are the recommended replacements ALWAYS OEM coils??

Believe what you will but I assure you that us with solid connectors have better results!!

You'd argue with a damn post!!

PS: Congratulations lifespeed......I hope ya feel honored since you are the VERY FIRST to be on my "Ignore List" in over 10 years and multiple Forums!!

Ahhhh... the sweet sound of SILENCE!!
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 09-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    No Marauder

Then answer me this smarta$$.....why are the recommended replacements ALWAYS OEM coils??
    The OEM coils are a different part number than what shipped with our cars. They are NOT THE SAME. They appear to have corrected the problem.

Believe what you will but I assure you that us with solid connectors have better results!!
    When I had ignition coil problems I first installed solid connectors. It did not fix the coil problem.

You'd argue with a damn post!!
    Pot calling the kettle black.

You seem to be ignoring the obvious. Many, many people have had ignition coil failures.
    Lifespeed

I had the same problem twice.
    The first was replacing the COP on coil #4.
    THen 2 months later it was doing the same thing.
    Turned out the PCV Hose collapsed and was causing the
    engine to rev in reverse and park every 15-20 seconds.

The connectors were checked and also replace and still did not work

Quote Originally Posted by Keith.Williams View Post
    The connectors were checked and also replace and still did not work
    Hey bro. Just wondering if you ever found out what was the problem with this issue. I have the same exact thing on my 2004 MM. It happens while im sitting at red lights. Around 30 seconds then stops misfiring, then it will start the misfire again. It also kind of sputters as I leave the light and it goes away as I increase my speed. I have also replaced all park plugs and #5cop. Still doing the same and getting the CEL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information