Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus-torture, need help badly

Tinnitus-torture, need help badly

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    What?.........

Blunt hit (more like stabbed) with a fiberglass handle of a shovel missing the padded end. Not what your wishing sicko. Exactly why I stay away from room 419...

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym3 View Post
    I'm definitely not a doctor, but it sounds like (no pun intended) that your tinnitus is not caused by nerve damage and might be treatable.

Mine was caused by nerve damage and stupidity, with the emphasis on stupidity.

My wife gets it sometimes when she takes a headache pain pill. My best friend got it from years of commuting to NY via train listening to loud music on his ear buds and then attending his son's rock band shows.

When a police car or ambulance goes by me, I cover my left ear. When I drive down a freeway in my Galaxie convert with the roof up, or I use my drill, or I hammer a nail, I wear plugs.

And, to be honest, I just shake my head when I read any forum where the subject is potentially louder music within your car.

Dr. Brushed it off Jeremy. Said learn to live with it.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by rauder88 View Post
    I I can function normally though. In places with lots of ambient noise like a restaurant or bar it is very hard for me to hear anyone trying to talk to me.
    Same here. Too many house parties and concerts sitting by the speakers, especially during cold months and going outside after working up a sweat dancing. Also, many years of wind noise while riding motorcycle with out ear plugs, cruz Sundays in the park with the stereo bumpin and the normal duties that go with home ownership. The ringing isn't constant and obnoxious, but it is there when the area is quiet or if I line up my teeth to compensate for the over bite. Fortunately, the years have been kind and I've been able to adjust to the ringing, but anywhere there is ambient noise is still difficult to hold conversation without a whole lot of "hun what" very frustrating.

goin' crazy, too

got an e-mail today: my-tinnitus-solution.com and reverse.tinnitus.....have to listen to 8 minutes of BS before you get the sales pitch.....I'm also trying a product that's advertised on the radio called Ringaway.....they send you a free sample and set you up for automatic refills unless you decline their automatic refill deal....been on them for over 2 weeks and really don't notice anything different.....1-877-375-7104.....remember Jerry Seinfeld's crazy uncle with the ringing in his ears? WILL SOMEBODY ANSWER THAT DAMN PHONE!!!!! LOL

What?......

Thanks for the save Mr. Moderator.
    Excess in Moderation.

Sprinkles are for winners.

Quote Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
    Thanks for the save Mr. Moderator.
    +1 i started getting all crazy and needed to be brought in line

hey anybody ever watch "loose coins"?
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

What?....

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    What?....

LOOSE COINS!!
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym3 View Post
    Resurrecting an old forum, but I just wondered if anyone has any new information?

After a few years, I was able to adjust to my tinnitus to the extent that it became livable. But, last summer, things got worse.

Adding to the misery is that I've been getting a lot of overdue dental work done, which has made worse even "worser".

Now, I have 24/7 ear noise which sounds like the combination of a loud dentist's drill and a hissing steam radiator.

During the day, I can kind of write it off, but if it weren't for a low dose of Xanax, sleep would be almost impossible.

I've been on the ATA (American Tinnitus Association) website, but I don't see any major breakthroughs.
    Interesting thread! I sleep with a fan on. That probably helps a lot. But, like Justbob, I wait until I am too tired to keep my eyes open and then go to bed. Going to bed before then, you are forced to listen to the ear symphony! BTW, did you ever try that "experimental" stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by rauder88 View Post
    I always warn people about loud noises too. I've had Tinnitus all my life. As a child i had nearly constant ear infections (otitis media) until I was around 7. Left me with permanent hearing loss and constant ringing, some days are worse. Also now some antibiotics have no effect because I was on them so much. I can function normally though. In places with lots of ambient noise like a restaurant or bar it is very hard for me to hear anyone trying to talk to me.
    ^^^+1^^^. Growing up, I had lots of ear infections too. They put drops in my ears etc. I have had ear ringing since. I took a plane trip to see my folks two years ago and afterwards I got some sort of mild sinus infection. Since then, not only do both ears still ring, but my right ear had this pressure in it, like I was still in the airplane. So, I went to a half a dozen different doctors over that following year that prescribed either antibiotics or other sinus/ear infection treatments to no avail. The last doctor made me do a hearing test which to my surprise, came out better than I expected. He also tested my Eustachian tube function, which also came out good. BUT, I still have persistent ear ringing and the pressure in my right ear. Even though I have always had the ear ringing, it's just now, it is louder and by adding the pressure to it, just really aggravates the whole situation.

My wife talked me into trying the Ringaway stuff. But, by the time I got through the 15+ minute "trying to sell you more stuff" BS on the phone the order got screwed up and we never received it. I don't know if it would help or not.

"RescuRauder", Born on 09/02/2003 & rescued on 04/05/2013. #236 of 3214 and #62 of 1237 in Black. CAI, Some kind of tune, Kooks Headers, X-pipe w/Hi-Flow cats, Magnaflow mufflers, Resonators removed, 4.10's, Metco U&L CA and Watts link, Drilled & slotted rotors, now BOOSTED!! Eaton Swapped 12/29/19!!
    Sold! 1986 Mustang GT Vert, Black, 5spd, new short block, Powerheads, Crower 15511, gears, exhaust etc.

1968 Ford (Galaxie) XL fastback, 390, factory buckets & auto on floor
    2011 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with SVT Performance Pkg & Navigation, VMP tuned ~550rwhp/550rwtq. Finally Blown!

So I've suffered short term tinnitus for the last 10 years or so with loud car audio systems, headphone use, prolonged stays at club parties, shooting .45s with no ear protection outdoors, and lots and lots of motorcycle riding with no ear plugs.

Yesterday I woke up and the silence was deafening at my house. I remembered this thread and noticed how loud the nothingness was. I thought its a damn shame there's nothing to be done about it but try to ignore it. Well with some deep concentration, I somehow managed to will myself into turning down the volume to almost non-existent. The "shell up to your ear" type of sound was only faintly audible through my right ear after the concentration.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

So you're saying you fixed your tinnitus by sheer willpower?
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    So you're saying you fixed your tinnitus by sheer willpower?
    I will try it next time I am experiencing some ringing. Might have just been built up pressure or something.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

The mind is a powerful thing!
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    The mind is a powerful thing!
    Yes it is. I managed to not put a bullet in my head because of my disease.
    I am glad you are getting relief ! Makes me happy
    Not all disabilites are visible

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information