Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: The Juice is loose.

Smile The Juice is loose.

Hello all!

Where to start... I've always been to into Ford cars, I inherited this trait from my dad. I've been the owner of 3 Thunderbirds, of which I absolutely love! Being a bigger guy (6'4" 230lbs), the smaller cars just never did anything for me. I've always been a sucker for a 2 door, so the TBird was right up my alley.

Just shy of a year ago, I sold my 3rd TBird when I joined the US Navy as a Nuclear Reactor Operator, and I have been training for that since. It's been coming up time for me to get another car because at my next command, I will have to live out in town and commute to work.

I had been looking for another Thunderbird, but they are getting hard to find considering the newest MN12 is 13 years old now (I don't count the retro Bird that came out). I started looking at bigger, yet more contemporary cars, such as the Crown Vic and Dodge Magnum. However, ever since the Marauder came out, I have always wanted one! The problem is that in 2003 when they hit the streets, I was a mere 18 years old and would, of course, not be able to afford such a vehicle.

Even recently when I was passively looking for a Marauder they still seemed out of my price range. So many people are asking outrageous prices for them, so I just figured that I'd have to settle for something else.

My luck changed when I spotted what appeared to be a bank repo at a little mom n pop dealership, who only deals with specialty/high end vehicles. So a few friends and I made the 200 mile drive out to see it, and a couple hours later, I found myself slightly in shock because I was the new owner of a 2004 black Marauder!

I love this car. Period. It's sexy, it's quick, it's loud (Flowmaster mufflers out to the factory tips), it's huge! The 32v makes the 4.6 SOHV in my TBird look like a lawn mower engine. Now, I do know a bit about the workings of this car, as there are many similarities between it and my other Fords, but I am no expert by any means. That means I will probably be harassing you guys about all kinds of crazy things.

There are a few things I would like to address about the car right off the bat that I hope someone can point in me in the right direction for:

1. The driver's side front corner light is cracked and needs to be replaced. It looks like any CV/GM corner will fit there with the exception of the blacked out portion exclusive to the MM. I would like to keep the car as factory as possible, so I suppose an MM corner is my option. So a place to look for parts would be helpful, I haven't looked yet.

2. The pod gauges are gone. The housing they go in was gone too, but luckily, the dealership had ordered one and it had gotten there right before I did. (Good thing too, that part is expensive!) So, I need the pods (Coolant temp and oil pressure I believe?) Ebay? Again, haven't checked yet.

3. The front passenger speaker isn't working. I haven't looked at it, but it looks like I have to remove the door panel to get to it? Advice? Ford likes to put easily broken tabs all over the place, and I don't want to break any!

4. Speaking of easily broken tabs, one of the tab things that holds the grille on is broken. While there doesn't seem to be any issue with the grille staying on, it is something I would like to address eventually.

5. Car cover. Yes, I know... Outside. Unfortunately, that is my only option for the next few months. There is no covered parking here on base, so I want to get a cover for when I'm not driving it. I've never owned a car cover, so I'm not sure about what type to get, etc. It seems like any CV/GM one would do, and I don't foresee those being hard to find, but any info of the top of your head is helpful.

I think that's all for now, sorry for the novella, but I really love this car, so I see myself hanging around here a lot. Oh, just a little more about me. I'm 24, originally from Sacramento, CA. I'm currently an E4 in the Navy and stationed in Charleston, SC. Anything else, just ask.

Here's a picture of the car. I'm also getting into photography a bit, so you can expect many pictures in the future (especially after I get the chance to properly detail her!)

hi sailor

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

I have already spoken to you about your car. Just dont do like the other baby nuke did and put Donk wheels and rims on it...Dont forget I am the black one thats parked in front of the CopShop on base.

" In your rearview mirror - bluelights on..."

"...went from sea level to 3k above... now all I do retune the toys..."

enjoy the site. I've learned so much about my car here. Everybody I've talked to has been more then happy to answer my questions.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    hi sailor
    ghey!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site.
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Sharp car!

As far as the parts are concerned...watch the classifieds here. Or you can check eBay or RockAuto.com, or Tasca Ford, or PM "TheDealer" here as he works at a Ford dealer.

When I bought my car, I had to replace the taillight lenses as they were tinted wayyyyyy too dark by the previous owner. I got mine from ABS Auto Supply here in Cleveland. They are not OE lenses but nobody has noticed yet. Maybe they can ship you the parts affordably.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder386 View Post
    I have already spoken to you about your car. Just dont do like the other baby nuke did and put Donk wheels and rims on it...Dont forget I am the black one thats parked in front of the CopShop on base.

" In your rearview mirror - bluelights on..."

I hate that crap... It's rampant here in SC too, especially with Crown Vics. I haven't seen any other Marauders in this area, I don't think I talked to you either? I could be losing it though, this school has that effect.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride. BTW, I had a 1988 TBird Sport from '91-'94.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog_gunner View Post
    ghey!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site.
    Is this better? HI THAYLERRRRR!!

WIN WIN!~ Zack

Quote Originally Posted by cbt View Post
    is this better? Hi thaylerrrrr!!
    oh sthop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I hate that crap... It's rampant here in SC too, especially with Crown Vics. I haven't seen any other Marauders in this area, I don't think I talked to you either? I could be losing it though, this school has that effect.

I am the guy that has more than one here in the LowCountry ... theres another black one in your parking lot one and a silver 04 down at NPTU driven by a staff member.

Yeah, you getting the required study hours in tends to scramble the brainbox...

"...went from sea level to 3k above... now all I do retune the toys..."

Oh really? I'm going to have to cruise the lot then, I've never seen anything around here. Considering how many nerds and Fast and the Flamer wannabe's there are around here, I'm surprised there is another one here on base.

This thing definitely turns heads though. Not too many people expect a cop car look-a-like to sound like that.

Considering how many nerds and Fast and the Flamer wannabe's there are around here
    I like this guy already, can we keep him?!

WIN WIN!~ Zack

Oh really? I'm going to have to cruise the lot then, I've never seen anything around here. Considering how many nerds and Fast and the Flamer wannabe's there are around here, I'm surprised there is another one here on base.

This thing definitely turns heads though. Not too many people expect a cop car look-a-like to sound like that.
    I think I'm gonna like this kid......
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I like this guy already, can we keep him?!
    As long as he passes the initiation.

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread Information