Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you love most about your Marauder?

What do you love most about your Marauder?

Time to pull out the feels card. I want to know what everyones number 1 reason is to why they love their Marauder. This came to mind a couple nights ago as I was cruising the highway back home.

Warning: story time inbound
    TL DR answer at bottom

Ill start off. For me this was a tricky question but before I get to that id like to tell a little backstory. Ever since I was a little kid and remebered my first ride in my dads 1967 Lincoln Continental, I became hooked on strictly larger luxury vehicles. From Lincoln I went onto a 1981 Ford thunderbird and then my 1994 Grand Marquis. After that I thought it was a done deal. Yet, I felt was missing something... A certain oomph.

Id have to say it was dumb luck that I even discovered that the Marauder existed. I only saw the name as I was browsing a wiki article on the Grand Marquis line. After reading up on it and seeing what she could do and how she sounded, I knew then thats what I wanted and what I was missing. Both luxury and power.

That brings me back to my reason. I love my Marauder because I made no compromise. I wanted comfort and luxury for the long drives ill be making in my life. But I also wanted muscle. Plain and simple power and vocals. I could have found alternatives such as a Chrysler 300c or Cadillac equivalent but none of those really have the same impact for me. This right here, as I see it, is the pinnacle for me.

Just for shuts and guggles my runner up answer would be having a 100 meter legion of cars lined up behind me too sketch to even try speeding up

K gush over. So what about the rest of you? I want to get as many answers as possible.
    4 Doors, No nonsense, Make room for it.

Purchase date 01/21/2014

My sister calls my marauder a glorified Grand Marquis

Merc Family

Nightmare Banshee
    King of the Highway
    300A Black
    164400-223000K Still Nothing Broken
    5697 of 7838

K&N CAI
    4.56's
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Stock audiophile deck replaced with Android based touchscreen head unit
    6 CD Changer, Traction Control, Canadian Cluster

I actually stumbled into the Marauder myself. I have always liked the panther platform but never knew about the MM until I was headed to Daytona Beach to the 500 and saw 2 sitting in the median. From there I was hooked and began my search. About a year and half later I found one on ebay and drove to Moorehead Kentucky to look at it and bought on the spot.

Now what I love about mine is everything. Mostly how is it's a MEAN SLEEPER......

See below on why I like it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CWright View Post
    About a year and half later I found one on ebay and drove to Moorehead Kentucky to look at it and bought on the spot.
    Wow I pretty much did what you did. One popped up at a ford dealer the next city over and i went to check it out just for fun and left with a deposit placed on it. Wondering how and when I did that

Purchase date 01/21/2014

Merc Family

Nightmare Banshee
    King of the Highway
    300A Black
    5697 of 7838

K&N CAI
    4.56's
    Flowmaster Exhaust

For me I always liked the way it looked. When I saw it I thought "sporty but luxurious". I loved the look alone. Never knew about the engine and exhaust until I bought mine with 30k miles. I almost feel this car was designed for me alone. Haha!! I just love the style and stock exhaust was perfect. I love the comfort and the way it feels while I'm driving it. I guess I can say I love everything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

Growing up I never liked Fords! It could possibly be to the influense of my friends. So I had Camaros, (73 RS Z28, 77 LT, 79 Z28, & 81 Z28) Chevelles, (70 Malibu, 79 Malibu Classic) a 79 Monte Carlo, 78 Caprice, and many others. Though My first car was a 78 Mercury Cougar, that I bought for $60, 70,000 miles, and all it needed was a tune up, which I did. Never got to drive it! I bought the car when I was 15, and my parents needed to get a new car, so they gave me the 79 Malibu for it. The Cougar was actually nicer!

Anyways, my first Ford was a 98 Taurus SE Comfort, (That I made look like a SHO.) that I bought about 4yrs ago. Great car! Didn't have many problems with it, and my opinion started changing on Fords. It was hit by a semi back in Sept., so I started looking for something new. The car didn't look bad after the accident, but I don't think it would've made a long haul out of state. There was nothing that was really tickling my fancy. Then, my brother showed me a list of cars that he was looking at. Mercury Marauder was on his list. It was the only one that caught my eye. (It's funny it was on his list, because he's more into foreign cars.) I remembered seeing one, and how bad ass it looked! So I started doing my homework on them. My fiancé wanted me to get something that had everything I could want, and not have to change anything. (Oops!) I think the selling point for her, was the heated seats.

So what do I like the most? That's a real hard question! How do I pin point what I like the most? V8, leather interior, dual exhaust, chrome wheels, factory auto meter gauges, chrome exhaust tips, huge trunk, 4drs, rides like a Cadillac, attracts attention, and I'm sure there's some stuff I'm missing, but all around, it's an awesome frickin car!
    Buying things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know!!!
    Production #1489 of 3213/#516 of 997

Quote Originally Posted by champ1173 View Post
    So what do I like the most? That's a real hard question! How do I pin point what I like the most? V8, leather interior, dual exhaust, chrome wheels, factory auto meter gauges, chrome exhaust tips, huge trunk, 4drs, rides like a Cadillac, attracts attention, and I'm sure there's some stuff I'm missing, but all around, it's an awesome frickin car!
    Cannot disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by JBeezy View Post
    I almost feel this car was designed for me alone. Haha!!
    I know right? You and me both!

Purchase date 01/21/2014

Merc Family

Nightmare Banshee
    King of the Highway
    300A Black
    5697 of 7838

K&N CAI
    4.56's
    Flowmaster Exhaust

Smile

What I love most of my MM is the sound of the high lift cams & how comfy it is on the highways.
    Trilogy With Comp Cams Stage 3 Sound's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIRJ1zGhSA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUWZ9f8gXw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPUl529gog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfRjhiGT4w N/A Sound

Dyno By "Mo's Speed Shop",Dallas,Georgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxN3FjWd6s
    445 RW/HP @ 398 Torque S/C

Jeff Doing a Traditional Burn Out At "Mo's Speed Shop"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCyKuC5heAI

So Far Best Run 12.84 @106 MPH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlA-0vB0HwU

Big "Thanks" To Gerald,Derek,Bill & Harrison

"Thanks" Martyo & Jeff

#6486 of 11,052 03 300B In Black

Quote Originally Posted by PuntyMario View Post
    Time to pull out the feels card. I want to know what everyones number 1 reason is to why they love their Marauder.
    I bought mine new in October 2003 with 54 miles on the odometer. I was drawn to the Marauder by the styling, its V-8 power, and the fact that it was a large sedan. Definitely NOT a grandpa's car.

But what I like most is the way it drives. It handles much smaller than its size would lead you to believe.

Later (by about 4 months) I found out that it was rare and that in Blue there were only 328 made.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

i've always liked comfy cars.

add boost and i love them!!!!

but after a couple mm.net get togethers, i'd say the people as much as the car
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    i've always liked comfy cars.

add boost and i love them!!!!

but after a couple mm.net get togethers, i'd say the people as much as the car
    I love fast, powerful cars, I got a DTR, so I am into this for the friendship of my mm buddies.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Simple, absolutely no one has the same as mine.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
    "Since 2004"
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I love the Marauder for a few reasons.

1. Such a unique and rare car.
    2. Large 4door sedan.
    3. Always wanted an Impala SS. But the Merc is nicer.
    4. V-8 rwd platform.

That was before I bought my Marauder. I love it even more now because of a few more reasons.

5. Some great modifications can be done.
    6. Love the fact that they are way cooler modified to make such a great sleeper.
    7. Love all the great people I've met from my 2 Maraudervilles and soon to be 5 Louisville meets along with many local Chitown meets.
    8. The Marauder takes great pictures too.

I love my Marauder for many reasons and then some.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

All four of them are paid for.

The rarity and positive comments I get almost every time I drive her.

Smile

SILVERBACK

"BIG, POWERFUL, AGGRESSIVE"

My alter ego because I'm tall, dark and handsome.

Last edited by Pat; 02-24-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information