Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unbiased love of all cars

Unbiased love of all cars

Who else he can say they love them all,Ford chev dodge hell even Amc,myself I have met some Chev guys that won't even talk to you if you own something else,some people can get real clicky.
    Me,I drive a Cummins dodge truck,just bought my wife a Chevy Cruz and have my Marauder and am currently building a Cleveland powered 4 speed 1971 Pinto for street strip use.still would like to own a 69-70 Grand Prix and will one day own a 71 429 SCJ Mustang.
    All cars are cool

Tony

While I buy primarily Ford vehicles and consider myself a Ford guy, I do like cars from all brands. My first 3 cars were Datsuns and I would love to have a couple of them now. I like many cars from GM, Chrysler, old orphan brands, and foreign cars.

If it's got wheels I generally like it.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    All cars are cool
    Except the Aztek

the Murano
    the Juke
    the Tribeca

and the entire current Lincoln lineup
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    All cars are cool
    ^^^ This ^^^

not me. i'm down to talk to owners of all cars but i dont have interest in all cars. I mainly stick to G-bodys, buicks, olds, marauders, TYs/SYs, mopars, 3rd gen F-bodys, 63/64 impalas, testarosas, countach/diablos and corvettes. I dont have much interest in, front wheel drive, fords, cobras, chevelles/novas, roadster hotrods, any camaros not 3rd gen, porsches, etc..I flat out hate rat rods, bmws, asian imports, anything cambered (stanced out), vws (except superbeatles) , anything purposely painted satin finish, diesel trucks, etc. I'm not gonna look at stuff i have zero interest in because i wont have anything constructive to say. better to avoid it unlike the idiots who come up to cars and say stuff like "too bad its not a stick". like bro, 99% chance you cant outshift my automatic and you probably came here in a rusted POS.

I guess i'm just pretty specific in what i like. I dont see nothing wrong with sticking within a group of cars you enjoy as long as you aren't stuck up about it. One oddity i do like is older bone stock origina cars regardless of what it is. i recently saw a MINT plymouth horizon at a car cruise. pretty crappy cars but it was still cool to see one unmolested. I can respect that. thats more interesting to me than some vega with a giant motor and tires 2 foot wide in the rear but its probably never ran the 1/4 in the last 20 years.

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

Also have 03 Toyota corolla s dd. 2014 accord touring hybrid 50mpg wife car but I love that car drive it every chance I get
    Attached Images Attached Images
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

Back in the late 1980's I was a solid General Motors fan, and I think with good reason. Full-frame with good suspension (think A-body Chevelle and GTO) and it was hard to beat the Chevy motors. Chrysler and Ford had sheetmetal front ends, and while the motors could be made powerful didn't really have anything over Chevrolet engines. But the flexible chassis were a disaster.

As time went on GM gave up on the full-size V8 rear wheel drive platform and Ford released the overhead cam 4.6L motor. When they put the 32V version of the 4.6L in the Marauder I knew I had to have one. A modern, 4-door version of the GM A-body with a high-revving DOHC engine.

I like to think I appreciate good engineering no matter who built it. And while I do like most cool old cars and musclecars, I also understand that they aren't all created equal and have good points and bad points. Like the old Mustangs that everybody loves for the cool look, but have a disaster of a chassis and suspension. Which can be addressed if you're willing to completely modify it.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

I can't say I like all cars, mainly because some models just aren't interesting enough to give them a second look. It's not that I dislike them, I just don't get too interested in them, and that goes for all makes.

But, when my Galaxie was allowed to enter a recent Corvette only show, I got a lot of looks from Corvette owners and zero negative comments. (I set up a fact sheet under my hood, and that in itself makes people stop, read, and then look at the car.)

Color matters also. My car is a bright turquoise. If it were something more common, I wonder if it might go un-noticed.

A guy with a Corvette sat next to me and we BS'ed about cars for most of the afternoon. No Ford vs Chevy talk.

Not me, I hate most cars...Most Chevys suck and Dodge is the absolute worst, especially the diesels.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

I can't comment too much on the newer cars, but when it comes to cars from the 50/60's, there are a few years where IMHO GM ruled.

I remember in 1960 looking for a car to replace my 54 Olds that was falling apart. A used car dealer had three converts that caught my eye, all for the same price, $1,095.

Two 58 Fords, one white and one light blue, and a 57 white Olds 98.

I jumped on the Olds.

I enjoy them all to a certain degree but have personal preferences and respect peoples passion for what they own.

I have a 2006 Volvo XC-70 all wheel drive wagon that is the most versatile and incredibly comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Also fantastic in the snow and can tow a small house.

I will forever and always own a Volvo XC-70 for da aily driver and am currently looking at a 2013 model for an upgrade.

The Marauder is for sunny days and good times.
    2004 Silver Birch
    K and N intake, Lidio Tune, 4:10's, Rear Cat Delete, Megs Res delete tips, Flow masters, drilled slotted rotors, Lip spoiler, Colex Gods Head Emblems, Bob White Inserts, Marauder sill plates, Nitto's Extreme 555's, heated seats, sunroof .

all cars can be cool, and to each their own - if they modified it, and they like it, it's theirs to be proud of.
    I prefer several makes and models, but am always surprised when something else catches my eye.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I wouldn't say all cars but the sound of a purpose-built engine (with associated smell of racing fuel and burning rubber) will always light my fire.
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

I just like learning about engines and if there was a specific car I would say I am bias to any four door vehicle that is fast, I'm actually into sedans more than coupes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it's cheap and reliable it isn't fast
    If it's cheap and fast it isn't reliable
    If it's fast and reliable it isn't cheap

I only like cars I like, lol doesn't matter who makes them!!!
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information