Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Chinese Shenanigans...

More Chinese Shenanigans...

Maxtor Drives Contain Password-Stealing Trojans

ComputerWorld reported that Seagate Technology LLC has shipped Maxtor disk drives that contain Trojan horses that upload data to a pair of Chinese Web sites, the Taiwanese government's security service warned this weekend. The Investigation Bureau, a part of the Ministry of Justice that's responsible for both internal security and foreign threats, said it suspected mainland China's authorities were responsible for planting the malware on the drives at the factory. "The bureau said that the method of attack was unusual, adding that it suspected Chinese authorities were involved," a story posted by the English-language Taipei Times reported Sunday. "Sensitive information may have already been intercepted by Beijing through the two Web sites, the bureau said." More at: http://www.wservernews.com/TVE0SB/071119-Trojans-Drive

======================
    Its like they want to see how far they can push before the hammer comes down.
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

Un Be Live able...

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

I just got back from K-Mart, saw a lot of neat things I was going to get, except they all had 'Made in China' on the bottom. I ended up getting Kodak film and kitty litter, both made in the U.S.A.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I just got back from K-Mart, saw a lot of neat things I was going to get, except they all had 'Made in China' on the bottom. I ended up getting Kodak film and kitty litter, both made in the U.S.A.
    Better get rid of the Marauder b/c many of parts of it are "made in China".

Quote Originally Posted by Shora View Post
    I remember seeing a lable on the Marauder when I bought it "89% parts made in North America"
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

Yeah I'll get right on that...

WIN WIN!~ Zack

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I remember seeing a lable on the Marauder when I bought it "89% parts made in North America"
    Did I say "ALL" of the Marauder is made in China? Did I say "most" of the Marauder is made in China?

I said "many" parts of the Marauder are made in China and if he would need to replace those parts then he would be supporting China all over again.

Also, I bet that if I took a tour in his home and or office, he would be very sad by the large number of "Made in China" items there.

Hey, I don't like it anymore then you do. I wish that we didn't kill all of our manufacturing and send honest paying jobs overseas.

I "HATE" our trade deficit! However, we cannot blame anyone but ourselves for it since we DO NOTHING to our elected politicians who allowed it to happen."

We shouldn't allow companies to simply pack up and move their operations to other counties. If they do, their items should be taxed to a point where it is no longer beneficial for them to do so.

Maybe the above is not the best or only solution, but we need to do something in order to protect whatever industry we have left and encourage more before it is too late.

Yeah I'll get right on that...
    Try and be consistent if you are going to hold a sign calling one stupid.

You support China when it comes to your Marauder (and I bet 90% of your other items) but not when it comes to buying camera film?

Indeed, makes you smart enough to hold up that sign.

Edit: I bet the camera that you bought the "Made in the USA" film for was made in China. LOL
    Last edited by Shora; 11-16-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Try and be consistent if you are going to hold a sign calling one stupid.

You support China when it comes to your Marauder (and I bet 90% of your other items) but not when it comes to buying camera film?

Indeed, makes you smart enough to hold up that sign.
    still..
    Who lets you type? I mean really? This thread was started in THE LOUNGE, Marauder UNRELATED TOPICS. You just went off on two of us for some unknown reason and basically insulted Marauders. I checked my Marauder, it has 'Made in Canada' stickers on it, if it had 'Made in China' stickers, I wouldn't own one. I would invite you to search my house for Chinese stickers but I don't particularly like you, so that's not gonna happen. I would put you on my ignore list here but I'm afraid I'll miss something worth laughing at. Not in a funny way, but in a sad way. Keep up the good work.

WIN WIN!~ Zack

still..
    Who lets you type? I mean really? This thread was started in THE LOUNGE, Marauder UNRELATED TOPICS. You just went off on two of us for some unknown reason and basically insulted Marauders. I checked my Marauder, it has 'Made in Canada' stickers on it, if it had 'Made in China' stickers, I wouldn't own one. I would invite you to search my house for Chinese stickers but I don't particularly like you, so that's not gonna happen. I would put you on my ignore list here but I'm afraid I'll miss something worth laughing at. Not in a funny way, but in a sad way. Keep up the good work.
    Please do add me to your ignore list.

As for who lets me type? Your mother! Want to try and stop me?

Also, just because this thread is in The Lounge does not mean that one cannot refer or mention Marauders.

As for not finding any Made in China stickers on your Marauder, you must not have looked. Start taking things apart and see if you still stand by the statement that you wouldn't own it if it did.

Second, I didn't go off on ANYONE. Just mentioned that you are a little inconsistent when you mentioned that "you only buy Made in the USA" products when I am SURE that most of your ***** is made in China including the cheap 35mm camera that you bought the "Made in the USA" film for.

Anyway, I didn't insult anyone in ANYWAY until this post even though you called me stupid before.

Now the gloves are off so go F___ yourself!

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    can you list them?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    can you list them?
    I will make a note to start documenting the "Made in China" items in the Marauder from now on.

Wow folks. To state something pretty obvious (at least to me), it's highly probable that almost ALL of the parts not made in the USA were made in CANADA. I mean, the MM was assembled in St. Thomas along side the CV. The sunroof parts, for example, were sourced up here. I'm guessing that some of the electronics (cd changer/crappy speakers/most bulbs etc) were of Asian manufacture, but I hesitate to say any major components were made overseas. The supplier contracts would be pretty specific, but I have no access to them.

As far as the name calling in this thread....if you feel that implied profanity improves your argument, you might want to reconsider your position. Or at least your posting procedures.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    As far as the name calling in this thread....if you feel that implied profanity improves your argument, you might want to reconsider your position. Or at least your posting procedures.

If you follow the thread, you will notice that I did not disrespect or name call anyone until post #10. I am of the belief that one should ALWAYS treat others with respect, especially if you disagree. With that said, I also do not play games. If someone attacks me, I attack with 10 times the force. There is no pushing match with me. Once someone decides to escalate a disagreement to a disrespectful level "the gloves come off".

I was called stupid twice before I responded and just like in person, I will not get into a pushing match. It is either respect like gentlemen or full on brawling.

What I find funny about the whole thing is that CBT and I agree on the whole "buying from China" matter. We are both passionate about buying American items and supporting the American manufacturing industry (read post #7).

It is too bad that he miss understood the point/ meaning of my posts (that too many of our products are made overseas and that something should be done about it) and decided to begin insulting.
    Last edited by Shora; 11-17-2007 at 02:04 AM.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I will make a note to start documenting the "Made in China" items in the Marauder from now on.
    Thanks. I'm interested, I haven't found any myself yet.

Many of the parts are made in Canada, almost all of the wiring is made in Mexico. The Stereo is made in Japan as is the CD changer.
    Many of Fords other radios/stereo units are made in Brazil.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information