Thread: 2003 Marauder / 27,500 miles / NH area

Post 2003 Marauder / 27,500 miles / NH area

With all due respect to Mustang owners, this is arguably the very best rear wheel drive vehicle FMC has ever built. It combines all the best elements from Ford - floor shifter for automatic transmission, CVPI rear fenders and taillights, Lincoln - perforated leather interior, and Mercury - front lighting, rear auto load-levelling suspension. It also boasts the all-aluminum, DOHC 32-valve, 4.6L engine from the Mustang Mach 1 and Cobra with 6-bolt main bearings and rated for 302 bhp. This vehicle is completely stock as purchased from Mercury, with the exception of front and rear hide-a-ways. Other features include adjustable foot pedals, 18 inch polished aluminum wheels, automatic lighting and door locks, overhead console with storage bins and compass, front cornering lamps, steering wheels controls for HVAC and stereo, AM/FM dual media - tape and CD - premium sound package, dual power seats and side-view mirrors, and stainless steel true dual exhaust. With a little over 27,500 original miles on it, this is as nice an example as you will find of this rare vehicle. It has never been in an accident, was not abused by its adult owner, and does not get driven in rain or snow - garage kept. The few flaws it does have can be seen in pictures in my Autotrader ad, with the link below, or by request - I have many more available. If you are interested, please get me your contact information and we can arrange for you to see the car in-person. This was purchased before Mercury went out-of-business, and I did not intend it as a collector vehicle - something for which I no longer have room to store. Any accessories show in the pictures are negotiable. The vehicle can be seen any time Sundays or Mondays, other days by appointment. Asking price is $16,000 OBO. Thank you for your interest.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/wi...brary/Marauder

Questions

Hi, Please explain the hide a ways? Are you the original owner? What is the build date of the car? Condition of the paint? Are the tires the originals?

Thank you,
    Joe

better photos too.

Close up motor, under car, trunk, drivers seat up close. We are all interested.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by joedee View Post
    Hi, Please explain the hide a ways? Are you the original owner? What is the build date of the car? Condition of the paint? Are the tires the originals?

Thank you,
    Joe
    Hide-a-ways are stobe lights in the front markers and taillights - clear and amber - so no ordinance violations. I am not the original owner - the second. I bought it from a retired cop from Lunenburg, MA. Condition of nearly everything is as new or better. The paint is in great shape with the exception of 3 small stone chips. The tires are second set both. The battery is stock. I will try to get some more pics to post.... Thank you.

Pics are out there in photobucket now...

Does anyone here have a sense of what these things actually sell for? Am I kidding myself that is a "collector" that is worth some money, or just another "sporty car"? I know WE think so, but are real buyers so few and far between? I'm not seeing much activity from C/L, Autotrader, or CVNET.

PM sent with no reply. PM your cell number.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by witenight View Post
    Does anyone here have a sense of what these things actually sell for? Am I kidding myself that is a "collector" that is worth some money, or just another "sporty car"? I know WE think so, but are real buyers so few and far between? I'm not seeing much activity from C/L, Autotrader, or CVNET.

I sold my black 03 with 32,000 miles two years ago this June, at Fords at Carlisle show, asked $15,000, got $14,000. So I think with a little less miles than mine, you're right in the ball park price wise.

BTW, I'm in Leominster, Ma., right next door to Lunenburg. Who was the Lunenburg cop that owned it, and did you buy it from Baker Motors at the corner of 2A and 13 ? You can PM the name if you dont want to put it here in public.
    2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 SVT Cobra R # 76
    1993 SVT Cobra # 2162
    2013 SVT Raptor SCrew
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2019 Lincoln MKC

Did you smoke in the car? It looks like there are a bunch of scratches near the cig lighter.

As for price you are close in my opinion. I might have a buyer for yours. I'm in the Worcester area.

Hi. Thanks for your note. I did not notice them until I went back to see what you were looking at. Neither the original owner nor I smoked - so your guess is as good as mine. I did use an MP3 player in it playing through a casette tape adapter (yes, they still sell them), but other than that I don't know. Going out to look at them in person, they appear to be surface "scuffs" of some material, rather than gouges or scratches.

As for a buyer, let me know how [either of] you would like to proceed. Thank you.

Is it available

Hi all. Yes the car is still available. I will it as sold when it finally goes... PM me with any questions or arrangements to see in-person. Thank you.

My eyes were drawn right to those rubber Mercury floor mats. Did you get those or did they come with the car? Best of luck with the sale, it's a sharp ride.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    PM sent with no reply. PM your cell number.

Nice talking to you yesterday at five guys - if you need help getting the new car let me know - you got my number ? I drive your Dtr mm back from nh love that car so clean -
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Thread Information