Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Kit Includes the following ...

trilogyintl Guest

Marauder Kit Includes the following ...

Hi everyone,

A couple people have asked exactly what the S/C Kit will include.

Here is a list:

• blower Eaton M112

• pulleys and belts for blower and accessories (blower crank pulley, two idler pulleys)

• chip for PCM (computer)

• fasteners

• housing

• cooling cross-over tube

• intercooler radiators

• intercooler water pump

• intake manifold

• injectors

• fuel pump electronic regulator

Let me know if anyone has more questions ...

Menace Guest
    NICE........ Sounds like a recipe for PERFORMANCE !
    Last edited by Menace; 08-21-2003 at 01:27 PM.

Very detailed instructions for the weekend mechanic on the list?
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

trilogyintl Guest
    Originally posted by merc406
    Very detailed instructions for the weekend mechanic on the list?
    And of course, detailed installation instructions.

Marauderer Guest

I thought...

I thought it was also going to include a boost guage? Or did that get dropped to keep the cost down?

Marauderer Guest

Ooops

Sorry, I just read the post earlier from Jerry that said it had a boost guage. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Also, even though I can be very impulsive, I think it is great that you are working so hard to "do it and do it right" if it was any other way, it might satisfy my need for instant gratification, but potentially for only as long as it took me to get it out of the box and find it lacking.

We should all keep that in mind and prepare to hold onto our seats!

Personally, I'm working on getting my garage ready for a Twin Cities TMS S/C installation party!!!!!!!!!

Any chance a few kits will be in Dallas just in case some of us need an impulse buy?

I recalled something from the 1st thread from Lidio. He stated that the alternator was swapped in favor for the Grand Marquis type (it has no 1 way clutch). Will this be included, too?
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Re: Ooops

Originally posted by Marauderer
    Personally, I'm working on getting my garage ready for a Twin Cities TMS S/C installation party!!!!!!!!!
    Just let me know when and I will be sure to stop by! Hey, I might even help

jta

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

trilogyintl Guest
    Originally posted by cyclone03
    Any chance a few kits will be in Dallas just in case some of us need an impulse buy?
    I'll bring these questions up to Jerry and let you know when I get a response ...
    Originally posted by RoyLPita
    I recalled something from the 1st thread from Lidio. He stated that the alternator was swapped in favor for the Grand Marquis type (it has no 1 way clutch). Will this be included, too?
    I haven't heard any discussion on Lidio's decision to change the alternator, nor have I heard any on including a different alternator with the kit either.

dailydriver Guest
    Am I correct in assuming that this type os supercharger does not require tapping into the oil pan of the motor as it has it's own oil system?

Marauderer Guest

If I may

Absolutely!

I'm not the expert, but I have done a ton of research on this and other kits. I'd be more than willing to share if you PM me as saying "anything" about any SC on this site brings quick and dirty reprisals.....

The eaton superchargers are internally oiled and do not use the engine's oiling system.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    I believe the alternator is simply relocated to another mounting point on the front of the block, please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding.

The clutch is a good question. The Trilogy pictures show the alternator mounted backwards, which means opposite rotation. The shop manual confirms a one way clutch is installed in Marauders. It disconnects the alternator rotor from its drive during high acceleration or deceleration of the engine. To me the statement is contradictory. If it disconnects on both acceleration and deceleration, then the clutch has to be two way?
    Brian
    http://www.trilogymotorsports.com/ev...index.php?id=4
    Last edited by BRSMERC; 08-23-2003 at 09:29 PM.
    03 MM 300B
    Trilogy Kit #21
    3 Gauge Pod
    Real Oil Pressure
    Dead Pedal
    Winter Wheels and Tires
    98 Jeep Grand 5.9 Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information