Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1963 Marauder

The old one is the original one that came with the car when it was built in 63

Quote Originally Posted by Matt34 View Post
    It's just a two valve and I went ahead and bought a rebuilt 2 barrel tonight, It cost me about three hundred but looks real similar to the other one. Should I give the company the old one for the core which they pay 90 bucks for or hold on to it?
    Let us know how it runs.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

will do, thanks for the help

Car Still running the same after I put the rebuilt carb on it. took it to a shop up the street by my house and on the drive there when we popped the hood to look at the engine it looked like oil was coming through the valve cover from the intake manifold. They've had it now about three days but still haven't heard anything from them. Hoping its not gonna be to bad. Also had a guy call me who owns a company called peach auto auctions wanting to buy the car from me for between three and four thousand but I told him I wasn't ready to sell yet. Any ideas on what it might cost to get that engine right? Transmission seemed to be ok on a positive note...

Car Still running the same after I put the rebuilt carb on it. took it to a shop up the street by my house and on the drive there when we popped the hood to look at the engine it looked like oil was coming through the valve cover from the intake manifold. They've had it now about three days but still haven't heard anything from them. Hoping its not gonna be to bad. Also had a guy call me who owns a company called peach auto auctions wanting to buy the car from me for between three and four thousand but I told him I wasn't ready to sell yet. Any ideas on what it might cost to get that engine right? Transmission seemed to be ok on a positive note...
    Not a lot to go by in pricing from your post but the oil issues may not be related to the driveability issues.

Have you looked at the fuel pump? What is the status of ALL of the ignition components? Are the plug wires checked or cracked? Have you run the car in the dark and looked for arcing around the plug wires?

I have just recently replaced the fuel pump and the plug wires look pretty good though they are not brand new. I have not run the car in the dark to look for any arc, would never even have thought to do that so thanks for the tip. Right now these people up the street have it and have had it for a week and have not even looked at it yet. I'm a little annoyed by that but do understand they are very busy. I sure wish you were closer so I could bring this thing to Mo's. Also worried about what it's gonna cost me to restore it and based on some research I've done that car is only worth about 10 or 11 totally restored. Thanks for your help though and I will keep you guys posted on what's happening and maybe you can help me from getting ripped off, lol.
    Last edited by Matt34; 04-25-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Just replaced the ignition switch and ignition where the key goes in itself, cant remember what its called though and I hooked back up the way it was hooked up when I removed it so I'm assuming its right but I really don't know to be honest.

Just replaced the ignition switch and ignition where the key goes in itself, cant remember what its called though and I hooked back up the way it was hooked up when I removed it so I'm assuming its right but I really don't know to be honest.
    That's not likely your problem if it's running.

I have just recently replaced the fuel pump and the plug wires look pretty good though they are not brand new. I have not run the car in the dark to look for any arc, would never even have thought to do that so thanks for the tip. Right now these people up the street have it and have had it for a week and have not even looked at it yet. I'm a little annoyed by that but do understand they are very busy. I sure wish you were closer so I could bring this thing to Mo's. Also worried about what it's gonna cost me to restore it and based on some research I've done that car is only worth about 10 or 11 totally restored. Thanks for your help though and I will keep you guys posted on what's happening and maybe you can help me from getting ripped off, lol.
    Do the dark test first and report back.

Will do as soon as I can get my car back from this shop. Think I'm gonna wait and see what they say first then do the dark test and let you know what's going on. Thanks again for all your help.

I was told the push rods were a little bent and that was the reason for the vibration in the engine when you ran it at a a high speed, they replaced those and the valve cover gaskets...$284 bucks. Should be getting the car back tomorrow, figured I'd give an update

Got the car back today and it runs like a brand new engine, still a little smoke out of the exhaust but nothing like it was. I'm super stoked. That motor is more powerful than any car I've ever driven. Thought I'd share with you guys. Also, the passenger window is cracked badly and needs to be replaced. It looks like its double paned. Any ideas on where I can order a window like that? Its the flat big square one, not the triangle side window. Thanks again for all the help you guys, I've already found carpet and a headliner and they are not gonna be as much as I thought. Hope all is well and talk to you all later.

Got the car back today and it runs like a brand new engine, still a little smoke out of the exhaust but nothing like it was. I'm super stoked. That motor is more powerful than any car I've ever driven. Thought I'd share with you guys. Also, the passenger window is cracked badly and needs to be replaced. It looks like its double paned. Any ideas on where I can order a window like that? Its the flat big square one, not the triangle side window. Thanks again for all the help you guys, I've already found carpet and a headliner and they are not gonna be as much as I thought. Hope all is well and talk to you all later.
    Sounds like you have laminated glass in the door now. If the glass is flat and has no curvature and is secured in a channel at the bottom you can make a template and have it tempered (heat treated) or go with a laminated glass. Both could be bought at a local glass shop. Tempered would be best and all the cutting and edging would be done before tempering as you cannot cut it or machine it after the tempering process. When tempered breaks it shatters in a thousand pieces and laminated glass would break as original glass would but it would be held together by the clear lamination material in between layers.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Morris Code

Glad to hear it's running well.

1963 Galaxie fastback glass will fit and shouldn't be too hard to find.
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Went ahead and ordered window from dear born for the door. I see a couple of screws to take out but other than that how does the door panel come off, are there clips holding it or is it glued on. Never messed with a car this old and not sure how this thing fastens. Got any advice, gonna try to replace the window myself...

Also the trim around the window on the outside edge looks to be glued, I'm assuming you just gently pull that trim off and then glue it back on the new window. Again, hate to keep asking, but any experience there you would be willing to offer?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information