Thread: Heated seat switch

Heated seat switch

Well, guess it was bound to happen and it is a close call. Got in the car this evening and just happened to notice that the heated seat switch on the driver's side is blinking. Turned it on both low and high and the lights light up and the switch stopped blinking.

Stop the car for a while, get back in and startt it, and it is going it again. Guess I will have to get that checked on Monday. Couldn't have been too much closer since I am at 35,500 miles. Only 500 more to go and the warranty is up. I will do that in a week...

Hopefully they don't give me grief about the part being replaced (if they don't have one in stock) after the warranty is up. That is why I want to get it in on Monday to have it checked and part ordered before that happens.
    Eric

2004 Silver Birch Marauder - Sold 04/17/09:
    - #2703 of 3213 '04 Marauders
    - #852 of 987 Silver Birch Marauders
    - Born On Date: 04/23/04
    - Warranty Start Date: 08/11/04
    - MINE as of: 09/09/05

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Quote Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
    Well, guess it was bound to happen and it is a close call. Got in the car this evening and just happened to notice that the heated seat switch on the driver's side is blinking. Turned it on both low and high and the lights light up and the switch stopped blinking.

Stop the car for a while, get back in and startt it, and it is going it again. Guess I will have to get that checked on Monday. Couldn't have been too much closer since I am at 35,500 miles. Only 500 more to go and the warranty is up. I will do that in a week...

Hopefully they don't give me grief about the part being replaced (if they don't have one in stock) after the warranty is up. That is why I want to get it in on Monday to have it checked and part ordered before that happens.
    Very common, and my L/M Dealer keeps them stocked due to the amount of switches being replaced.

Mike.

I need to buy one of these heated seat switches. What should I expect to pay for one at the stealership. I remember someone posting that we could buy them off ebay for $20ish. If so, they are probably no worse quality than Fords?????
    04' DTR Loving every minute

i plan on doing the heated seat switch replacement mod soon as well
    03 mm- totalled
    04 mm- not totalled

http://www.computerwizardz.net/stuff/Burnout.MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post

I just started getting the same thing happening to my driver side switch I think I'll wait till I get to 30,000 to take it to the dealership and have them do my tranny fluid & replace the switch

My #3 has heated seats, and my switch has been "on the blink" since the day I bought it, almost a year ago. I've got a new switch, just haven't the time to install it. I think the switch was 28 bucks.

Thread Information