Thread: Leather interior advice needed.

Leather interior advice needed.

It's time to detail the interior of my Marauder and I need help identifying the leather interior parts. My car has very low miles and to be honest, the interior all looks showroom fresh. I can't tell where the leather stops and the vinyl starts....

Obviously, the steering wheel cover, gearshift knob, and the "body contact areas" of the seats are all leather.

Are the front of the bottom cushions where the lumbar buttons are leather or vinyl? How about the sides and tops of the seats? How about the backs of the front seats?

The console lid cover? It looks and feels like vinyl to me, but I looked at a trashed Marauder this winter and I would swear that the lid had leather cracks in it.

Thanks in advance for advice.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bosscougar View Post
    It's time to detail the interior of my Marauder and I need help identifying the leather interior parts. My car has very low miles and to be honest, the interior all looks showroom fresh. I can't tell where the leather stops and the vinyl starts....

Obviously, the steering wheel cover, gearshift knob, and the "body contact areas" of the seats are all leather.

Are the front of the bottom cushions where the lumbar buttons are leather or vinyl? How about the sides and tops of the seats? How about the backs of the front seats?

The console lid cover? It looks and feels like vinyl to me, but I looked at a trashed Marauder this winter and I would swear that the lid had leather cracks in it.

Thanks in advance for advice.
    Michael
    Take my advice for what it's worth...

The best leather cleaner/protector is Zaino leather care.

It is a spray cleaner that smells like a leather shop, and cleans/protects your seats/interior better than anything I have used before.

Leather or Vinyl, doesn't matter.

It will clean them and protect for years to come.

Mike.

What he said ^^^^^^

Arrow My $0.02

Another alternative is Griot's leather car spray. I've been very happy with their products.

Click.

If you're looking for something local, you cannot go wrong with Meguiar's professional products.

Lexol cleaner and then the conditioner. It is required to maintain your interior warranty on King Ranch edition F250's. I love the stuff and nothing else I have used has made my seats softer, and not left the oily base behind. I would only use Meguiar's products for all my car care needs before and it doesn't compare. I use it in my car, my wifes Infiniti, and on my $4000 leather living room set. It can be found at most auto stores.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar9150 View Post
    Lexol cleaner and then the conditioner. It is required to maintain your interior warranty on King Ranch edition F250's. I love the stuff and nothing else I have used has made my seats softer, and not left the oily base behind. I would only use Meguiar's products for all my car care needs before and it doesn't compare. I use it in my car, my wifes Infiniti, and on my $4000 leather living room set. It can be found at most auto stores.
    ^^^^^+1
    Lexol works very well

I've seen it in Wallyworld

Thread Information