Thread: More praise for Meguiar's new NXT wax

Thumbs up More praise for Meguiar's new NXT wax

Waxed my car today with Meguiar's "NXT Generation Tech Wax" and the results were very nice. I know several others here have tried it, and I thought I'd just pass along more praise. I can't honestly say that the shine and gloss is any better than with the Mother's wax I was using, but it achieves results in one pass, instead of 3 for the Mother's product. The time-savings alone are worth it to me. It also comes off easier and cleaner, with a lot less wax dust everywhere. I'll be interested to see how it holds up over time, but so far I'm giving it two thumbs up. Pics are in the gallery, but with relatively low resolution and compression you can't really see enough for comparison.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Patrick Guest
    Great pics!!! What do you use for the rims???

Hey, Fourth!

Would you mind looking at the contents listed on the NXT product when you have a chance? I haven't seen the NXT prodcuts yet in stores in California. I was just wondering if it had any Carnubas in it or if it just had polymers or acrylics or whatever. I tend to shy away from Carnubas since they melt at a fairly low temperature (125° or something like that). Thanks!

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

Quote Originally Posted by NBC Shooter
    Hey, Fourth!

Would you mind looking at the contents listed on the NXT product when you have a chance? I haven't seen the NXT prodcuts yet in stores in California. I was just wondering if it had any Carnubas in it or if it just had polymers or acrylics or whatever. I tend to shy away from Carnubas since they melt at a fairly low temperature (125° or something like that). Thanks!
    I use NXT..no carnubas. I love the results. Much better than Zaino and less expensive. It gives a nice clear streak free gloss.

You should find NXT at Walmart and Pep Boys in addition to Meguiar's web site.

Bob

383 4-speed w air grabber

It's goooood.....even hides most of my scratches.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by NBC Shooter
    Hey, Fourth!

Shooter, NXT is a polymer product and is selling here in Sac. I tried it on my wifes shadow grey metallic mustang GT a while back and it has held up pretty good. At least 4 or 5 washes and still nice, but probably due for a recoat. I found it harder to apply than Zaino and the first coat was kind of streaked so a 2nd was needed to make it look good. I'm going to keep on with Zaino on the MM and NXT on the GT for a long term evaluation. BTW, I love your gallery, excellent work.
    Sactown

Nice! I love the NXT thus far. It goes on very easily and I've never seen my light blue car look so shined and polished like this before.
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

I also love the NXT, I have no streaking with this wax. My neighbor even comented on how he has never seen a black car with no streak marks the way mine does.
    Ray

"87" Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Great pics!!! What do you use for the rims???
    I just use soap and water on the rims, actually. They're the last thing I wash when washing my car. For the tires I've been using Turtle Wax's "Wet and Black."
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Another NXT user here - I love the shine. It's lasted me about a month per wax so far. I wash about every week. More when it rains/is muddy.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Duhtroll...

Where you did get yours? Looked here in Independence with no luck.
    "Marauder Militia"

Advanced Auto on University Ave. in Cedar Falls. I believe Wal Mart had it when I looked also, but not sure.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

I've been using it for a couple of months now. I used zymol before, but I like the NXT better. It seems to go on and come off easier.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Just picked up a bottle at Schuck's. Gonna give a try soon.
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

Thread Information