Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Marauder Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

93Miata Guest

Mercury Marauder Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for Mercury keyless entry remotes?

My Mercury dealer wants $99 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (03 Marauder, 99 Sable).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

Well i have these dealership here called Scumbags "R" us that charge $175.00 for this service..So yours is not bad..

93Miata Guest
    $175.....is that per remote or for a pair?

93Miata Welcome to the MM site.

Check with Ray the dealer a vendor on this site, you won't go wrong.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by 93Miata
    $175.....is that per remote or for a pair?
    1st time was 1 car w/2 remotes , 2nd time was same car w/3 remotes..
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...9&page=2&pp=16
    Last edited by MarauderMark; 09-18-2005 at 04:34 PM.

You can save a little by programming them yourself, the instructions are in the owner's manual. I think they have been posted on this site somewhere also. It's pretty easy. You have to have all of the remotes for the car together with a valid working ignition key at the same time while you sit in the car and go through some manipulation of the key, doorlocks, keyfobs, etc. I am slow, so it took me two tries.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Arrow I second this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ckadiddle
    You can save a little by programming them yourself, the instructions are in the owner's manual. I think they have been posted on this site somewhere also. It's pretty easy. You have to have all of the remotes for the car together with a valid working ignition key at the same time while you sit in the car and go through some manipulation of the key, doorlocks, keyfobs, etc. I am slow, so it took me two tries.
    What he said ^^^^^^. I had to program mine ( I only received one with my MM). For some reason I deprogrammed my original at first , then programmed both together.

Call Ray to start saving $$$$.

The covers on our remotes is like a brown color, not black. I had some black ones that I thought that I could use. Those could be now considered to be souvenirs.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

93Miata,

Check your PM's ... I have at least (2) Sable remotes & I have SEVERAL for the MM.

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Side note: I had one remote left over from the 2001 Crown Vic I traded in on the Marauder. I was able to program it successfully to the Marauder, even though the secret code numbers on the back were slightly different.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

93Miata Guest
    I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The KR site wants $29 a piece for Sable remote, and they're less than that on thepartsyouneed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=701

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my Marauder as well.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    On eBay, but these ones are still in the plastic bags

Remotes

First post to the group so be gentle.

Finally got my hands on a Marauder that was in an accident that busted its nose and fired off the driver's airbag. It's back together, good as new, lovin' it. Whilst it sat waiting to be healed, someone looted everything that wasn't bolted down, including the spare and jack,(which i assume WAS bolted down), and the manual.

All i have is the black key and the grey "valet" key. Until i can order spares and remotes, i would like to program the keyless entry on the driver's door in case my wife, my kids, or in the incredibily unlikely event "I" lock the doors with the engine running.

can anyone tell me the procedure to do this?

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    First post to the group so be gentle.

Finally got my hands on a Marauder that was in an accident that busted its nose and fired off the driver's airbag. It's back together, good as new, lovin' it. Whilst it sat waiting to be healed, someone looted everything that wasn't bolted down, including the spare and jack,(which i assume WAS bolted down), and the manual.

All i have is the black key and the grey "valet" key. Until i can order spares and remotes, i would like to program the keyless entry on the driver's door in case my wife, my kids, or in the incredibily unlikely event "I" lock the doors with the engine running.

can anyone tell me the procedure to do this?
    Hi mbrown

John will be along to officially welcome you,

You can order a new owners manual with zippered cover from Helm for $32.
    You can also get the interactive DVD from them.

link to helm

You'll need two already programmed keys to program more, (yourself anyway) and it sounds like you have those. You can buy keys on eBay for a good price. You need the newer style PATS key.

PATS key on eBay

Another

You might find the code for the door pad on a sticker up under the dash on the drivers side, maybe on the PCM.

93Miata Guest
    You have to be VERY careful about that "new in bag" stuff. One of the remotes I bought from ebay said "new in sealed bag" and it was a worn out remote inside one of those make-your-own freezer bag sort of things.

Thats probably what that link up there is, considering the new in bag remotes have a bigger label and a hole in the bag where you can put them on rod on a shelf type rack.

Marauder Remotes

93Miata,

My Marauder came with all the keys but only one remote. I bought 2 more off of "evil-Bay" and was lucky enough to get good ones. I programmed them myself. You just put the ignition key in the ignition, rotate it to the "Run" position and back to "Off" (I can't remember if it was once or three times), and then push a button on a remote to be programmed. The door locks will cycle and then you are ready to do the next remote by pushing a button on it, etc. It was a lot easier than when I programmed two remotes for my '93 Lincoln Town Car. On it I had to pull the glovebox out, jumper two prongs on a plug, and then program the remotes. Good luck.
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3139&dateline=1166318856
    2003 300A #897 of 7839
    Larry W. Blum, Jr.
    Walnut Hill, FL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information