Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just missed out on a great deal

I just missed out on a great deal

im always searching the web for stuff and i stumbled upon a black 2003 MARAUDER last night at 1:30am right here one mile from my house at a dealership (Autonation). Car had 34k miles and they were only asking $9800. So knowing they are closed on Sundays i had to go see it and strike a deal. So kissed the wife threw on some shoes and i hopped the gate and searched all over that huge lot looking for it. I came up empty. So i emailed them to call me. Just got the text that it sold yesterday. He said the car was nearly immaculate and they recieved calls from all over the US for it. Im so dissappointed. I was either going to flip that car or most likely keep it and sell the one i just got. Or hell keep both. I never got to inspect it myself so who knows but ive never seen one with that low of miles for that good of a price. and the damn thing was literally in my back yard

as i typed this out the manager texted me again and said it had 2 previous owners and a clean carfax S.O.B. Oh well, win some ya lose some

That happen to me a few times ... More will come around good luck in your search !
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

It was posted on here a few days ago. Set up email notifications from cars.com and get the craigslist pro app for 1.99 not the free one. Sorry bout that spectra and lji
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

i love my Marauder i just got, but i has 90k miles on it. i bought it with 88K and it cost me $11,000. This from what i have searched for seemed like a stupid deal. what makes it worse it was right here at home. No shipping fees nothing lol dang it

You didn't get a bad deal. We paid more than that for Phoebe with 87k in 2007 because we know the PO and it already had a number of mods we would have done to it anyway.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    It was posted on here a few days ago. Set up email notifications from cars.com and get the craigslist pro app for 1.99 not the free one. Sorry bout that spectra and lji
    lol thanks. thats funny because after i missed this deal. I was thinking to myself i wonder if there is a way to get notifications on deals like these

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMatt200 View Post
    lol thanks. thats funny because after i missed this deal. I was thinking to myself i wonder if there is a way to get notifications on deals like these
    Your always gonna have to be vigilant on these sites... That's what I do of I'm
    Lookin for a part or a ride.

That sucks. Looks like from the Carfax that it spent it whole life across the Bay from you in Portland,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 89TxDPSstang View Post
    That sucks. Looks like from the Carfax that it spent it whole life across the Bay from you in Portland,

Tom
    ouch, thanks for making it hurt worse lol

Didn't mean to. Just means the car didn't see much daylight in the past 12 years with 38 k miles.

Tom

ok so the person thaat wanted it from out of town backed out. the manager at the dealership called me at 3pm today and said heres my chance. He said come down right now and get it. I told him i couldnt i cant leave work till 5pm. he said its 1st come 1st serve. So what did i do. I sneaked out of the office and hauled ass to look at it. Then they tried the whole well we just did 3k worth of work to it so the boss is raising the price. (i called BS. They knew the interest it was bringing with all the calls) I couldnt drive the car because it was on the lift with the tires off. there was a dent on the fender. Nothing big and the rear seat was ripped. To me it looked like there was more than 34k miles on it. Being n a crunch for time to get bakc to work i passed on it. In the end i probably should have bought it. They had turned the rotors, flushed all fliuds and were putting new tires on it and they were going to honor the price of 9800. But being i just bought my Marauder i couldnt gamble on it at this time. Funds just arent there. Oh well maybe i made a mistake. Someone is about to enjoy her

I got mine last march with 60K but it only had 8k on 3 years prior amd 12k 2 years prior. Basically the guy who had it before me put on 48k in 2 years...all highway. Car was immaculate underneath. It popped up on a cars.com ad. The only reason reason i was looking was because i made an,offer the night before on a car in IL and the guy had someone coming 6 hours to look at it. I knew it was gonna sell , which it did, so i resumed my search that morning. So i saw the ad and called up and the salesman at the dealer ship said it was posted like 20 mintues before i called. There werent even , pics up yet so he texted me photos. I said im coming up now see you in 2 hours. Left work "sick", ran to the bank and grabbed a grand and headed to cleveland. So i get there and im waiting and waiting, turns out they were showing the car to someone random who showed up. I was pissed cause i drove all that way. Finally saw it . wasnt even prepped yet, it had just been traded in 2 days prior. Looked at the sales man and said im not leaving here until we make a deal. Got him down $500 beacuse it needed tires and i was out the door @$12,500. Came back the next day to pick it up. Previous owner had dropped of 4 steelies with 4 BRAND NEW snow tires that went with the car. Bonus!!

Sometimes you just gotta jump at them chances...work will be there tmw. Lol

1983 Hurst / Olds 2016 OCA Nationals Best in Class winner
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    1970 Buick GS Stage 1
    2003 300A Car #2053
    14.6941 e/t @ 97.53 mph w/ JLT intake & MartyO tune

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMatt200 View Post
    ok so the person thaat wanted it from out of town backed out. the manager at the dealership called me at 3pm today and said heres my chance. He said come down right now and get it. I told him i couldnt i cant leave work till 5pm. he said its 1st come 1st serve. So what did i do. I sneaked out of the office and hauled ass to look at it. Then they tried the whole well we just did 3k worth of work to it so the boss is raising the price. (i called BS. They knew the interest it was bringing with all the calls) I couldnt drive the car because it was on the lift with the tires off. there was a dent on the fender. Nothing big and the rear seat was ripped. To me it looked like there was more than 34k miles on it. Being n a crunch for time to get bakc to work i passed on it. In the end i probably should have bought it. They had turned the rotors, flushed all fliuds and were putting new tires on it and they were going to honor the price of 9800. But being i just bought my Marauder i couldnt gamble on it at this time. Funds just arent there. Oh well maybe i made a mistake. Someone is about to enjoy her

Matt, it shouldnt be that hard.. if it was meant to be it wouldve been easier and the car wouldve been ready for a test drive. I had an 08 MGM DTR with 35k.. i sold it and jumped on my 03 MM 300a w/156k for $6000 clean interior, needed paint and a few other things. but the deal feel in to place and i was like wow that was easy... so no worries

There were not enough pictures of this car when I saw it on line. And no photo of the one side, so I expected (cynical much?) a dent on the hidden side. No photo of back seats(which are usually untouched) so again I expected as much. I was going to buy it over the phone AFTER they sent the photos but never got them.

This car didn't feel right to me. And how do you go from PDX to Austin?

Also no PHOTOs of engine? Portland rains non stop... RUST?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Portland? This car was in Gregory Portland, Texas which is right over the bridge from Corpus christi texas where i live. it needed some TLC. I was in a rush and the car didnt feel right to me either. Rear bumper was also down to the yellow where the M is. like they bumped something. Im sure it coulda been a great car for someone just wasnt feeling it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information