Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Car Show Thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    What class we doing trying to not pay the late fee like every year that I never get the pre-reservation in .
    Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    I'm thinking Muscle cars - Ford
    You'll have a better chance in 1990 to present. Muscle Fords is going to be a tough class if Torino's, Cougar's, etc show-up in #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    You'll have a better chance in 1990 to present. Muscle Fords is going to be a tough class if Torino's, Cougar's, etc show-up in #'s.
    Hmmm...sounds like a good tip. I don't plan on winning anything anyway. I'll try to find a layout of the showfield. They opened the inside of the fort a couple of years ago due to too many cars to fit outside. The inside field sucks since you have fort walls surrounding you on all sides...no breeze and not much of a view. Thanks Eric!
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

My 64 Galaxie class is impossible for me to win, show, or place.

Musclecars and mid 60's pony cars take the wins. If I'm lucky, I might win a top 30 award, or some oddball category.

Recently, shows are awarding framed pictures of your car taken when you drive in. If you win a certain class, you get a framed picture with the class exhibited in the frame.

If you don't win, you still get the picture.

Any more members going to tag along with Pete and I ? Trust me this show is a must !
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

You guys need to organize a regional meet around this show for next year. You just need two or three things to do on Friday, find a good hotel for reasonable dough and some nice places to eat. Easy peesy.

You guys need to organize a regional meet around this show for next year. You just need two or three things to do on Friday, find a good hotel for reasonable dough and some nice places to eat. Easy peesy.

Looks like I bring the thinking cap to the show and have some good brainstorming going on - my gf maybe going you know what happen last time she went to the show with me - past out lol
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT

Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Due to the upcoming storm on the east coast, this car show has been postponed to October 18th.
    2004 DTR

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Well, That's that!

Email I received today...

Think I may run with Eric's idea next year and make a fun weekend of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings,

I am sorry to report that the Fort Adams in the Fall car show will not be able to be held this year. The conditions on October 4th are going to be terrible (high winds, soggy field, etc.)
    And, the Fort has their "Fortress of Horrors" event ongoing on both the 18th and the 25th so a rain date event was not possible.

I have been working very hard all summer to prepare for the show and with good weather, we would have had an outstanding event for you. However, Mother Nature wins this time.

I am looking forward to seeing you again when the cars shows start again in May, 2016. We will definitely have a Fort event in October. Please contact me if you have any suggestions for next year's event

Sincerely,
    Pat Burke 401-864-4028
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 DTR

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Due to the upcoming storm on the east coast, this car show has been postponed to October 18th.
    Oh! Our anniversary! Wish we could go too. Do the long weekend event next year, Pete, and we'll come along witcha.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Well it's kind of nice out but happy it got moved gives me time to get my new rims on and clean the dam car !
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK

MODS:

2004 CV LX SPORT

Pete and Chris:

Friday possibilities:

http://audrainautomuseum.org/explore...and-hot-rods/#

http://www.newportstorm.com/

Saturday would be the car show at the Fort. Need to confirm a good spot with water views. We don't want to be in the fort.

Lunch/Dinner places shouldn't be to hard to find. Mix it up a bit.

Nice hotel(no fleabag dumps please) that serves a GOOD breakfast(included) and has good parking with easy ingress/egress for a reasonable daily rate is your only real challenge.

Get in touch wit the Newport Chamber of Commerce and they will be happy help you. The Harrisburg C of C guy helped us a lot with getting MV9 up and running.

http://www.newportchamber.com/Tours

In fact if want to include the "Country" homes on Thursday I just planned MV 14 for you.

I noted on the C of C page "Battleship Harbour" was listed. Sounds cool but not sure of the logistics as well as Factory Five Racing as they are in Mass.

Pete and Chris:

Friday possibilities:

http://audrainautomuseum.org/explore...and-hot-rods/#

http://www.newportstorm.com/

Saturday would be the car show at the Fort. Need to confirm a good spot with water views. We don't want to be in the fort.

Lunch/Dinner places shouldn't be to hard to find. Mix it up a bit.

Nice hotel(no fleabag dumps please) that serves a GOOD breakfast(included) and has good parking with easy ingress/egress for a reasonable daily rate is your only real challenge.

Get in touch wit the Newport Chamber of Commerce and they will be happy help you. The Harrisburg C of C guy helped us a lot with getting MV9 up and running.

http://www.newportchamber.com/Tours

In fact if want to include the "Country" homes on Thursday I just planned MV 14 for you.

I noted on the C of C page "Battleship Harbour" was listed. Sounds cool but not sure of the logistics as well as Factory Five Racing as they are in Mass.

Factory five racing is down th road from were I work let me see what I can find out for tours and what not
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK

MODS:

2004 CV LX SPORT

Ms. D informs me that the "Powers that be" won't entertain another MV in Oct so forget the Thurs day component.

Maybe we could do it as a regional New England meet instead of the NH meet. Running out of ideas for NH anyway.

Pete any photos ?
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK

MODS:

2004 CV LX SPORT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information