Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Cadillac Eldorado convertible in Phoenix, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarauder View Post
    I'll have you know that the Colt Vista is a very respectable... ah hell even I can't say that with a straight face.
    I appreciate your candor.

Entertainment factor is win win... Keep it ALIVE !!

I'll dive in.
    I've owned, worked on, modded, lost money on most every make and model of 60's and 70's American cars.
    Got my license in a 70 Buick estate wagon w/455, then took over mom's 70 Eldorado until it died, under my abuse.
    I enjoy looking at older cars for sale - you never know!

You've read the Marauder members majority opinion on above 'cheap' priced projects, and know your buying audience is 75% guys that bought a new Marauder 11 years ago, and still have it. Probably not waiting for a crusty restoration project to pop up in here
    25% are car freaks, that might dabble in a restoration projects.
    Best advice was Rubbercityrauder - make a list of your project cars with a brief description, asking prices, post the required picture of each one and sit back and wait for a PM with interest.

You realize if I went over to the Corvette forum and posted 10 beat up Lebarons and Eldorado's I'd get screamed at the same way, or worse!

You're a Marauder owner and have every right to be in, and contribute to the community.
    Post you non-Marauder ventures with your forum audience in mind.
    Enjoy the ride!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

I do see you point, but the title of this section is "Other cars for sale" not "Other cars for sale, ...but we prefer you post something only Marauder owners would be interested in or completed cars only." I'm not saying to add a special section for everyone. If anything it seems this unspoken rule of not posting projects should be better explained. Maybe we can add a disclaimer that states, "Post a project that no one likes and you will be insulted constantly."

I'm just less judgmental for people who enjoy projects than some people on here. I might start posting some of my finished projects later on to show some people on here that it's possible to restore something besides a Mustang. I currently own these... 1972 Buick Skylark (w/ 472 Cadillac block), 1968 Cadillac Eldorado, 1971 Eldorado convertible, 1978 Eldorado T-Top, 1984 Eldorado convertible, 1988 Cimarron, 1998 Eldorado, 1996 Fleetwood Hearse, 1977 Chevy Stepside 4x4 (12" lift), 1977 Chrysler Cordoba (300 clone), 1978 Lebaron, 1970 Ford Country Squire, 1991 F-150 4x4, 1991 Econolpne, 1978 Lincoln TownCoupe, 1998 Mark VIII, 1969 Mercury Marauder X100, 1988 Colony Park, 2003 Marauder, 1987 Nissan 300ZX, and a 1988 Plymouth Colt Vista

I'm more diverse with my car collection than most people. I know some of you are still stuck in a Ford Vs. Chevy mindset but there's a whole world of cars out there for you to all enjoy. Those of you that scoff at my collection because you don't like those cars is the equivalent of a Bugatti Veyron owner laughing at our Marauders. Until we all have a garage full of Bugattis, Lamborghinis and Bentleys, I don't think any of us should be looking down at each other.
    Hey brother don't take it to heart, most mean well but may not always sound that way. I myself like what I call ghetto boats and besides my Marauder I have a 76 t-top Grand prix ,a 76 and 78 98 regency(love those pillow top cushy interiors ) a 78 Delta 88 that I bought to replicate my first car but realized I will never finish it. So although I myself would not be into what you're trying to sell right now, I'm digging some of the cars you have. what interested me most was the 78 t top Eldorado. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that. Only seen a few others. Kind of weird but pretty cool at the same time to see a sports car option on a luxury car. Asc actually made like five or seven that have power retracting T tops ( pretty crazy look it up) that went into the roof besides the ones that were converted to the Hurst hatch style roofs by dealers and such.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by djcrook73; 01-07-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Crown Vicman, is that Buick GSX in your avatar?
    Its a 1970 Pontiac GTO
    Last edited by Crown Vicman; 01-07-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: no real reason

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Vicman View Post
    Its a 1970 Pontiac GTO
    with Judge stripes - is it a real 24237? a real Judge? should you post that here?
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Are there any car guys who appreciate projects anymore?
    Hell yes. I keep my eyes out for 1955-1957 T-birds, and I am interested to find a 63 Tempest/LeMans. I have restored from various states of disrepair: 55 TBird, 61 Olds Starfire, 66 GTO, 67 Mustang GTA Conv, & a 70 Shelby 428 SCJ factory drag pack car. I am happy to read about your projects and junkers. I have a son in Phoenix that can look at dry bodies for me to haul back to the midwest. Ask the whiners what they have restored lately (as you said) besides dumping money into their MM. Oh, I have also dumped a bucket of money into my high-11's MM.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    with Judge stripes - is it a real 24237? a real Judge? should you post that here?
    LOL real 242 no judge though

Eldorado

I love Eldorados..I've had a few...My 96 and 2000 were my favorites..The one you posted is a certified POS....It would take more than it's worth times 3 to restore it...
    If you ever have a nice one,reasonably priced,it would be a different story..
    Not trying to offend you,just stating my opinion...yours needs a lot of

WTF?!?!?!? Why is this here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djcrook73 View Post
    Hey brother don't take it to heart, most mean well but may not always sound that way. I myself like what I call ghetto boats and besides my Marauder I have a 76 t-top Grand prix ,a 76 and 78 98 regency(love those pillow top cushy interiors ) a 78 Delta 88 that I bought to replicate my first car but realized I will never finish it. So although I myself would not be into what you're trying to sell right now, I'm digging some of the cars you have. what interested me most was the 78 t top Eldorado. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that. Only seen a few others. Kind of weird but pretty cool at the same time to see a sports car option on a luxury car. Asc actually made like five or seven that have power retracting T tops ( pretty crazy look it up) that went into the roof besides the ones that were converted to the Hurst hatch style roofs by dealers and such.

I love that collection you have! I'll get some pics up soon of the 78 Eldorado T-top. That's my pride and joy. It is also made by ASC, the same company that made the power T-tops. Supposedly only 50 were commissioned by Cadillac to have regular T-tops but I can't confirm that exact figure. I just know they are nearly impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    Then you have not driven a CTS Vsport.
    You mean a" CORVORADO" a Bowtie Caddy
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

I love that collection you have! I'll get some pics up soon of the 78 Eldorado T-top. That's my pride and joy. It is also made by ASC, the same company that made the power T-tops. Supposedly only 50 were commissioned by Cadillac to have regular T-tops but I can't confirm that exact figure. I just know they are nearly impossible to find.
    Sweet, I'll throw some of mine up as well seeing we like similar stuff.. Yeah I saw one 78 t top Eldorado for sale in California about five years ago for five grand. It was white with red Interior and was actually really Nice. I would have bought it if I didn't have too much tied up already at the time but haven't seen one since. I'm thinking it was a steal as it needed nothing to just enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 71cyclone View Post
    You mean a" CORVORADO" a Bowtie Caddy
    I don't care which division of General Motors designed what, those cars are an engineering tour-de-force. If you ever have an opportunity to drive one you won't stop smiling for a week

As much as I love the Marauder that is the one car I would consider as a replacement. Were it not for the towing issue I might have done it already.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by djcrook73 View Post
    Sweet, I'll throw some of mine up as well seeing we like similar stuff.. Yeah I saw one 78 t top Eldorado for sale in California about five years ago for five grand. It was white with red Interior and was actually really Nice. I would have bought it if I didn't have too much tied up already at the time but haven't seen one since. I'm thinking it was a steal as it needed nothing to just enjoy.

5 Grand is a steal for a T Top Eldorado. The last one I found sold for around $20 grand but it was mint condition

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information