Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Marauder Meet-Up 2015

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    I was thinking that Vegas would be Marauderville. You guys need to get with the moderators of this site to submit an event with all your ideas.
    Mark, no info has been posted about submitting nominations. Usually by this time planning is well underway for several cities.

I suggest we plan this as a standalone event and if nominations come out for Marauderville, then we push to make it happen.

I like the idea about the poll and I'll get on that tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Lets keep the discussion going.

So for events we certainly want a track day, preferably with both road coarse and drag strip (I'm partial to road coarse). We want a grand ol' place to take some kickass pictures. Any other on-theme Marauder based events? What about off topic events - shows, gambling, sight seeing? Lets suggest things now so we can get them planned faster and with better detail.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

The Shelby factory is a ok event, the new facility is pretty small but its worth a visit if you have never seen it before. They also have the exotic car driving events out at the raceway if anyone is interested as well....just a few thoughts.
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    I have a few things done to it, Eaton swap next!
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO-Every bolt on available...Awaiting a Turbo
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium, Ecoboost
    www.cardomain.com/id/shofast
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

Bump up!

Need to start this ball rolling!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I am curious as to what is going on, if this is going to be Marauderville I am in hell ya!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

It is a separate event open to all.

Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

It sounds like there are a lot of good ideas being put forth, if I can add something to the discussion how about incorporating some other events into what is being planned??

I did some looking around on the interwebs and found two events that look interesting;

"Cars and Coffee™ Las Vegas is a weekly Saturday morning gathering of auto enthusiasts from 8:00am - 11:00am where hundreds of proud drivers from the Las Vegas area and beyond will congregate to kick tires and have a cup of coffee. There will be something for everyone to enjoy; classics, exotics, concepts, hotrods, motorcycles and motor-sport."

http://lasvegas.carsandcoffee.info/

Also in nearby Henderson there is Super Run 2015, although the 2015 info is not up on their site http://www.superrun.com/ it is held the last weekend in September.

I think that it would be awesome to see a convoy of Marauders making the 20 mile drive from Las Vegas to Henderson.

Any other ideas??

Im so pumped for this! And I really think we should continue the push for this to be recognized as a Marauderville. Its about time we had one West coast

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

I'll definitely come to a Las Vegas event. Particularly if it's during the nice weather months. Not a big fan of the drive from Salt Lake in the winter.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Watching for a date, I am up for a ride from the Great State of New Jersey
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Life is what happens when you start making plans. Thank you for keeping this thread alive and glad to see so much interest in making a Las Vegas meet occur.

As of now (January 6, 2014), there has been no post or mention of Marauderville 13. So at this point, a Las Vegas meet would be a stand-alone regional meet. Like I've said before, regardless if it's an MV location or not, I still would like to make this meet happen.

We have tentative dates of Sept 23-27th. Re-reading this thread it looks like I only have one person post who actually lives in Vegas (03blackvegas). I know there are other folks on this site who live there. Making this event happen is going to put a huge onus on these folks.

Please take a look below. I copied this from the MV12 itinerary. This gives you an idea of what is required for planning and execution. This should be used a guideline.

Here are the criteria and timeframe for proposals.

Criteria for Marauderville XII

Lodging
    • Hotel must be affordable. Someone MUST make an on-site visit to determine available facilities.

• Amenities: King and Two Queen rooms; High Speed Internet (preferably at no extra charge); dining room, banquet facility, bar all on-site or within close proximity; pool preferred.

• The hotel must be able to offer a block of no less than 50 rooms and have ample parking. Security is a high priority.

Itinerary
    • ¼ or 1/8 mile drag strip, Road course or oval track within a reasonable distance and the cost of use. Test and Tune is an affordable option. Preferred event but not required.

• Things to see and do: plant/factory tours, museums, breweries, wineries, local culture, Cruises, anything automotive and/or transportation related.

• Car Show with awards

Maraudervilles have traditionally been a Thursday through Sunday event.
    Early Fall would be ideal, although other times will be considered depending on circumstances such as events we can piggyback on.

Consider the distances needed to travel in between itinerary locations as well as traffic and turns.

Down time and time to socialize are important so there's no need to fill every minute of the day.

Responsibilities of Planning Team

• Communiciation and follow-through are the most important tasks for the Team. MM.Net will provide a closed forum for the Planning Team so all communications and tracking are in once place.

• Site visits to potential hotels and all proposed venues.

• Contact and pricing for awards and t-shirts. If you have no one local, we can provide info from prior vendors that served us well.

• Contact Supporting Vendors and local area businesses and Chamber of Commerce for support of MV12.

• Please create and submit a Budget include projected costs for any itinerary options such as admissions, fees, rentals, meals, catering, insurance, etc. It is OK to suggest "meal on your own."

Use 100 people as a guideline for costs.

The most important part of planning and execution is a dedicated group of people - doesn't need to be many - that can follow through with all aspects of the event.

03blackvegas, I just sent you a PM

BTW this event will not happen just by posts on a forum. I'm going to need the blessing and buy in from the folks who live in Vegas. The onus will be on them to ensure routes are scheduled, hotels are safe (including parking) and accommodations are secure.

I think there is genuine interest in making this event happen, considering this thread is still getting traction almost 3 months after posting it. So I think we have the potential to make this a truly West Coast regional event.

I PM'd 03BlackVegas with some thoughts and ideas, but if you live in Vegas and want to help contribute to this please drop me a line. I'm trying to corral interested folks to meet up at a singular location and then I can dial in via free teleconference call or something. I am in Seattle, WA but in this day and age we don't have to be restricted by geographic limitations.

IF you are in another state and want to help out and join the planning committee, drop me a PM or send me an email: mebots@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Life is what happens when you start making plans. Thank you for keeping this thread alive and glad to see so much interest in making a Las Vegas meet occur.

As of now (January 6, 2014), there has been no post or mention of Marauderville 13. So at this point, a Las Vegas meet would be a stand-alone regional meet. Like I've said before, regardless if it's an MV location or not, I still would like to make this meet happen.

We have tentative dates of Sept 23-27th. Re-reading this thread it looks like I only have one person post who actually lives in Vegas (03blackvegas). I know there are other folks on this site who live there. Making this event happen is going to put a huge onus on these folks.

Please take a look below. I copied this from the MV12 itinerary. This gives you an idea of what is required for planning and execution. This should be used a guideline.

One small add to list for hotel car storage -- access to stored vehicles (?).

would other panther platform vehicles and owners be welcome? got a fair sized group in the Los Angeles/Orange County area of SoCal that might be interested.

1995 AM General Hummer
    2004 Crown Vic Sport

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information