Thread: Original Marauder Leather jacket (and how to tell if it's genuine)

Original Marauder Leather jacket (and how to tell if it's genuine)

What are the key characteristics of the Mercury Marauder leather jacket that was given out to original owners of the Marauder? I think there was a thread in the For Sale forum where a guy had a bunch for sale on eBay, but they were replicas. So in order to avoid being scammed what are some things one should be on the lookout for to determine authenticity? Thanks
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    What are the key characteristics of the Mercury Marauder leather jacket that was given out to original owners of the Marauder? I think there was a thread in the For Sale forum where a guy had a bunch for sale on eBay, but they were replicas. So in order to avoid being scammed what are some things one should be on the lookout for to determine authenticity? Thanks
    The originals will have a black nylon (or possibly silk, not that good at telling difference between some synthetic and natural fabrics) liner embossed with godshead logos, the cuff snaps and zipper fob will be godshead emblems, and IIRC, there's a collar tag on them that says something along the lines of "made exclusively for Mercury" or whatever.

There was a guy a while back selling legit Marauder jackets on e-Bay, maybe the same guy?

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Roger that. I recall seeing a picture with the embossed collar tag as well as the Godshead emblem on the zipper and cuff buttons. I have only seen one picture of the liner and I do recall seeing the godshead logo on it.

Thanks for the quick response. I am meeting a guy in about an hour to purchase one. He was selling on Craigslist. I want to make sure I can inspect it before monies is exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead View Post
    The originals will have a black nylon (or possibly silk, not that good at telling difference between some synthetic and natural fabrics) liner embossed with godshead logos, the cuff snaps and zipper fob will be godshead emblems, and IIRC, there's a collar tag on them that says something along the lines of "made exclusively for Mercury" or whatever.
    It says .... ""Made exclusively for Mercury Marauder Owners" on the leather tag on the inside of the jacket. Jacket is calf's skin ... very soft and pliable.

Original jackets came in a box with the garment bag with Godshead logo and a zipper tag from Mercury.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I want one too !
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    It says .... ""Made exclusively for Mercury Marauder Owners" on the leather tag on the inside of the jacket. Jacket is calf's skin ... very soft and pliable.

Original jackets came in a box with the garment bag with Godshead logo and a zipper tag from Mercury.
    Ok great thanks for the info Charlie. Im feeling good about my purchase! The listing's pictures have everything listed so far in this thread

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Rockettman View Post
    I want one too !
    Check ebay. I think there are some for sale. This was a listing on craigslist so I am meeting the buyer in person (& I don't have to pay shipping)

In the box there should be a letter from Elana Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Check ebay. I think there are some for sale. This was a listing on craigslist so I am meeting the buyer in person (& I don't have to pay shipping)

I think I just saw that ad on craigslist... I'd love to have one, but I don't have the cash for a MM jacket right now. Good luck!
    (Sold ) 2003 300A Black/Black.

BC4E dead pedal - JLT intake - Jmod - Rear cat delete - Lowered - MuscleMerc cooling mod - TCE SS brake lines - drill/slotted rotors - red stock calipers - 410s - Badgeless grill - Custom rear badge - JLT oil separator

facebook.com/bradtaylor33

I thought it was determined that there were two original MM jackets. The one that original owners got that said Made Exclusively for Mercury Marauder Owners and one that was sold as an accessory which only said Made Exclusively for Mercury Marauder. The guy on ebay sold both but you had to request which one you wanted otherwise it was the luck of the draw.

I saw one on CL for 375 - still in the box

I am now the proud owner of an XL Authentic Mercury Marauder leather jacket. All the items checked out (godshead logo on lining, cuffs and zipper as well as embossed Made Exclusively for Mercury Marauder Owner at the top.

it did not come in a box, but rather a zip garment bag with the godshead emblem on the front. Very nice, no blemishes. It was never worn

Quote Originally Posted by Brad33 View Post
    I think I just saw that ad on craigslist... I'd love to have one, but I don't have the cash for a MM jacket right now. Good luck!
    Yep thanks, I jumped on that as soon as possible. I asked the guy have there been other interest? He said i was the first one to call but afterwards he was getting calls. He said sorry it's been sold

Thread Information