Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see if we can get together and help this dog.

Quote Originally Posted by kernie View Post
    Of course you can save\help 10 HUMAN BEINGS in 3rd world countries for the same money as one dog in our neck of the woods, but hey whaddu i know.

Meanwhile, millions of healthy dogs are put down every year.

I wasn't going to respond to this silly thread till ya got all pissy.
    You know, first off, you mentioned human beings, where does that fall into play, the reference I made was about donating to help someone with their car, for the money people have donated over the years for various causes, motors etc., where were you saying how many people could be helped with that money. So what your saying is that it's "just" a dog, so no one should care about it? You know, we could continue this in the "members section", but surprisingly, you don't contribute here either.

You can help those people, but a couple things come into play, first off, poverty, sickness & disease is all they have ever known, we will never be able to change that.

More importantly 90% of the money donated winds up supporting the people selected to disperse the funds/ food/ medication, or to the controlling entity in that country.

Healthy dogs & cats are put down every day, it is beyond sad to see, you have to save what you can.

I donate to many other charities as well, if it even matters, if it's any of your business. So there you have it, how's that for "pissy"?

Same ole' $h1t, start a thread, and everyone has to enter their own opinion, just like the F.S. section. Mods, close this thread, this was only an effort to help a puppy that someone asked for help with, not a thread for all the insecure people to bandstand on.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Good on ya Spectragod.... I am going to look into this pups situation. Suffice to say, I know how you feel about our animal friends. I can't offer much, but I will be throwing in what I can with the knowledge that this dog will show more appreciation to the folks who rescued it, than spoiled kids do.

Throw a buck or $2..... It won't kill anyone here.......
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    You know, first off, you mentioned human beings, where does that fall into play, the reference I made was about donating to help someone with their car, for the money people have donated over the years for various causes, motors etc., where were you saying how many people could be helped with that money. So what your saying is that it's "just" a dog, so no one should care about it? You know, we could continue this in the "members section", but surprisingly, you don't contribute here either.

You can help those people, but a couple things come into play, first off, poverty, sickness & disease is all they have ever known, we will never be able to change that.

More importantly 90% of the money donated winds up supporting the people selected to disperse the funds/ food/ medication, or to the controlling entity in that country.

Healthy dogs & cats are put down every day, it is beyond sad to see, you have to save what you can.

I donate to many other charities as well, if it even matters, if it's any of your business. So there you have it, how's that for "pissy"?

Same ole' $h1t, start a thread, and everyone has to enter their own opinion, just like the F.S. section. Mods, close this thread, this was only an effort to help a puppy that someone asked for help with, not a thread for all the insecure people to bandstand on.
    Darren,

I am not closing this thread as there is more good to come out of this than bad.

My hat is off to you my friend!

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MM2004 View Post
    Darren,

I am not closing this thread as there is more good to come out of this than bad.

My hat is off to you my friend!

Mike.
    Thats the damn truth
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Donation made! Thanks for the link. There's more response for other (what I call "Poor begging") than this link has generated. As a aminal lover, like JB, Darrin and others, I understand that even this low amount won't cover the Vet bills. I hope the this helps.
    Last edited by Da Dark Jedi; 06-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information