Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBC Brakes

EBC Brakes

hey there, i was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with ebc brake pads and/or rotors. my car is in need of replacements & i don't want to go the stock replacement route.

is ebc the company that makes the red stuff pads if so thats what im currently running and there awesome no problems at all not even a squek

03 MERC MARAUDER 300A BLACK/CHARCOAL
    BORN 6/19/2002
    #1576 OF A BUILD OF 7838
    MODS:
    Motor Rebuid: 7/22/11, Transmission Rebuild: 11/24/10, SCT DR 93 octane tune , K&N CAI, BC4E Dead Pedal, FBM LCM & EATC Fix, Marty-O Fender Badges , "POWERED BY FORD" Coil Covers, Optima Red Top Battery, SS Inserts, Personilized Tags, Factory Spolier , CarMotorSports Badges , 2.5 Crowl Fiberglass Hood , 6k HID Head/ 6K HID Fog Lights , Reinhart Proguard , G2 RED painted calibers , Gorilla Wheel Lock System , FBM "MARUADER" Pedals/ Sills.....

AUDIO SYSTEM:
    Pioneer 7' Touchscreen DVD Headunit , 2 12' Kicker L7's, Kicker 1500.1 Amp , Kicker 350.4 Amp , Kicker Ported Sub Box, "Big 3" Upgrade , 0 Guage Stinger Wires All Around , Rocksford Fosgate 10 Farad Capacitor , Kinetiks HC2000 Audio Battery , 250 Amp DB Alternator , Dynamat All Around , Rocksford 6x8 Doors, Kicker 6x9 Deck Amplified , Kicker 6x9 in Trunk Amplified ,Rocksford 1' Tweeters Custom Mounted "A" Pillars...

yes, thats them. i was considering using the green stuff pads and the slotted & dimpled rotors. i've seen a lot of members comment about the r1 pads & rotors, and they are quite a bit cheaper, but i don't like cross drilled rotors at all.

I've had the green stuff pads and their slotted/dimpled rotors. The rotors warped within 7-8k miles of daily driving, their green stuff pads which are for street cars were actually too hard and chewing up the rotors. Contacted EBC and they said tough luck!

I replaced all with Motorcraft stuff. Next time I change stuff I am going with Stoptech rotors and Hawk pads.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

ive had the red stuff brake pads on for a long time id say bout 8k and still are perfect not a squeak outta them and rotors and pads are finee

but hey i doubt the man is lying every1 has good and bad experiences with stuff but the pads work for me

03 MERC MARAUDER 300A BLACK/CHARCOAL
    BORN 6/19/2002
    #1576 OF A BUILD OF 7838
    MODS:
    Motor Rebuid: 7/22/11, Transmission Rebuild: 11/24/10, SCT DR 93 octane tune , K&N CAI, BC4E Dead Pedal, FBM LCM & EATC Fix, Marty-O Fender Badges , "POWERED BY FORD" Coil Covers, Optima Red Top Battery, SS Inserts, Personilized Tags, Factory Spolier , CarMotorSports Badges , 2.5 Crowl Fiberglass Hood , 6k HID Head/ 6K HID Fog Lights , Reinhart Proguard , G2 RED painted calibers , Gorilla Wheel Lock System , FBM "MARUADER" Pedals/ Sills.....

AUDIO SYSTEM:
    Pioneer 7' Touchscreen DVD Headunit , 2 12' Kicker L7's, Kicker 1500.1 Amp , Kicker 350.4 Amp , Kicker Ported Sub Box, "Big 3" Upgrade , 0 Guage Stinger Wires All Around , Rocksford Fosgate 10 Farad Capacitor , Kinetiks HC2000 Audio Battery , 250 Amp DB Alternator , Dynamat All Around , Rocksford 6x8 Doors, Kicker 6x9 Deck Amplified , Kicker 6x9 in Trunk Amplified ,Rocksford 1' Tweeters Custom Mounted "A" Pillars...

After my oem pads were done I tried Hawk HPS pads wasn't that crazy about them. Last week I installed new front Command Cryo rotors & Wagner Thermo Queit pads. I have used them before and they are tried & true. I was going to try Bendix pads CT3s but my reply inquire email was a day late. Maybe next round.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

i've got a set of ebc rotors on my truck with oem ford pads, but i've only got 20 or so miles on it. i've been considering the same for the mm.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    I've had the green stuff pads and their slotted/dimpled rotors. The rotors warped within 7-8k miles of daily driving, their green stuff pads which are for street cars were actually too hard and chewing up the rotors. Contacted EBC and they said tough luck!

I replaced all with Motorcraft stuff. Next time I change stuff I am going with Stoptech rotors and Hawk pads.
    wow, thats the reason why i was thinking about going with other pads.
    Last edited by mikethejackal; 04-17-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethejackal View Post
    wow, thats the reason why i was thinking about going with other pads.
    Yeah, they have green, red and yellow pads, each is different. Napa Ceramix pads are also popular to use for our car.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Exhaust by Greg

yes, thats them. i was considering using the green stuff pads and the slotted & dimpled rotors. i've seen a lot of members comment about the r1 pads & rotors, and they are quite a bit cheaper, but i don't like cross drilled rotors at all.
    I used the same rotors on my Cadillac STS V with breaded lines
    Very nice choice. I also don't care for cross drilled rotors.
    Under extreme heat they seem to have hear line cracks. doesn't matter if
    the holes are camfered or not. JMHO.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Mercguy04 View Post
    I used the same rotors on my Cadillac STS V with breaded lines
    Very nice choice. I also don't care for cross drilled rotors.
    Under extreme heat they seem to have hear line cracks. doesn't matter if
    the holes are camfered or not. JMHO.
    Russell
    Cheap china made stuff will crack more often than none. Look at a lot of high end vehicles like Mercedes Benz, most of their cars come stock with cross-drilled rotors. Very rarely will you see a car with an upgraded brake or even a stock brake system that has slotted/dimpled setup.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Exhaust by Greg

The slotted and dimpled were EBC's Not problems with these.
    The Crossed drilled and slotted were Baer brakes. The were on my 96 Impala SS, had to have them custom made and pushed them hard on road courses like Watkins Glen, Lime Rock Park, and Pocono Raceway.
    I like road racing better than drag racing. More track time.
    Car was running a SC 383 LT4, Viper T56, with 4:56 posi. Strange axles.
    These Baer's had hair line cracks after about 8K miles of hard breaking, Roters got red
    hot, Had Hawk pads on them. They looked great on the car. But under pressure they
    started to devolep hair line crack. No China junk on any of my cars. I like American
    made products on my American made cars. I currently have four American made
    cars. I don't shop in Walmark for auto parts.
    Please excuse me if I seem a little forward on this issue. I buy American.

I have been considering ebc in the past but with all the mixed reviews abouth it make me want to stick with oem rotors but I will up grade the pads to hawks and stainless steel braided lines.
    after all I have always been running oem pads and rotors on my car and they never let me down

04 p71 5 speed manual 5.4 2V N/A 390/382 at the wheels
    13.079 @ 105 1.8 60'

youtube vids
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCe...9CCkZAtI2pY2JQ

hey there, i was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with ebc brake pads and/or rotors. my car is in need of replacements & i don't want to go the stock replacement route.
    I have the EBS red stuff Pads front and rear great peddle feel and good stopping when cold and great stopping when hot. When you install new rotors you should match them to the hub/axle to keep from having pulsation concern. You need to find a shop that has an on car brake lathe. I would recommend checking your ford dealer/ new firestone car care center all should have one. I would ask to see if they have a model 9.2 Pro-Cut on car brake lathe. If you find a shop with this unit the cost should be any were from $66 to $130 dollars to have the rotors turned on the car should take them about 1 hour or less. What this will do is resurface the rotor and take in account the run out in the wheel hubs and other stake up and then when you brake it will be smooth. When I did my slotted rotors we took off 3 thousands off both side and a total of 6 thousands. On a normal rotor they take off up to 6 thousands per side or a total of 12 thousands. This is what I have been teaching my ford dealers with the help of my PRO CUT Rep.

Napa has a new Brake pad line the Adaptive one brake pads and rotor line Reactive one Rotor I have not tried them but from working with the NAPA Regional Rep for the Brake Divisions looks like a great product.
    Russ, Monroe NC.

EBC brake pads are GREAT!! On my bicycle!

(It has Hope disc brakes.)

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information