Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4V swap. Harness or PCM

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    If you are swapping engines, I suggest you do more research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol. classic zack!

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by maximusslade View Post
    Okay... we need to back up a few steps here gents. *I* am not asking about the fuel system. I am asking as to whether it is simpler to splice wiring or go with a Marauder PCM in a Vic...

Before someone starts spouting of the ever useful one word answer, let's make sure we are answering the question asked...
    Yeah sorry for hijacking your thread bro. From my understanding it is suggested to modify your stock wiring. Seems you are a lot deeper in this that I am, I will definitely be referring to your thread along the way of my build.

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

This is monumentally simple.
    Obtain PCM pinouts for both pcm's
    Find differences, which will be very minimal.
    Move wires around in the appropriate connectors.

Do research on reversing the wires on the coil packs so they work properly

Just did an '04 Vic. Wiring is the same, some connectors (COP, TPS, Idle control) need to be lengthened. I found a schematic that showed the COPs to be reverse polarity, however, I later discovered this was wrong. Although it could be the case for older/newer vics. I'll try and remember what else I had to modify, but really, it was actually pretty easy. I will add that if you use a teksid block, there are two bungs for knock sensors and the iron block only has one and the thread size is way different.

I will add that if you use a teksid block, there are two bungs for knock sensors and the iron block only has one and the thread size is way different.
    Yes, I have found that. I am going to have to be a tad inventive to make it work.

2003 CVPI former Connecticut State Police Supervisor vehicle. 160,000 miles
    Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.
    DOHC swap to come! http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...3076313&page=1

Sorry about the fuel rail comment, yes use the 2V computer and modify harness as needed.
    Ex Panther Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    This is monumentally simple.
    Obtain PCM pinouts for both pcm's
    Find differences, which will be very minimal.
    Move wires around in the appropriate connectors.

Do research on reversing the wires on the coil packs so they work properly
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Do exactly what he said^^^^^^^^^
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Wait wait wait! I should have asked... I already have TWO Marauder engine harnesses. Might it be simpler to use those? Changing the pin outs as needed at the PCM connecter?

Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.

You will have to verify all bulkhead connectors are wired appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by maximusslade View Post
    Wait wait wait! I should have asked... I already have TWO Marauder engine harnesses. Might it be simpler to use those? Changing the pin outs as needed at the PCM connecter?
    just mod your stock harness. that's what I did mine is running and driven with out a tune. im running 91 octane. and yes im going to get a tune. it will need it to run the way its suppose to. I did mark viii block with marauder heads and intake. but my car is an 03. no return fuel system.
    2003 cv sport marauder engine swap. then teksid 4.6 soon to be supercharged.

Just mod the Vic harness. Have to change COP connectors and extend a couple other sensors.

Return or returnless fuel system doesn't make much difference. Vic PCM can be tuned to run either. I have 03' Vic PCM in my box and I am running return fuel system.

Sooooooo. Another issue stemming from this. I have COPs from the Continental I got the heads from. I hadn't bothered looking into getting new coils because I thought I have some. Turns out that the Marauder harness will not plug into the Continental coils. Seems the little alignment tabs are different. Now I have the connectors from the Continental that I can use. The question I have is, other than the connector, how different is the continental cop from those of the Marauder? Are they of the swapped polarity as you guys say the Marauder coils are?

I'd hate to have to buy new coils if the ones I have are in good shape.

Okay... looking at this a bit... I have the Continental COP connectors. I have Marauder wiring harness. Seems the logical and least expensive option is to keep the Continential coils and connectors and then splice those into the native CVPI engine harness.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUT.... Looking at RockAuto.com... the 2001 Continential and 2003 Marauder use the same coils. I am looking at the Motorcraft site and still they list the same 12029 part number, yet the Continential coil does not plug into the Marauder harness...
    Last edited by maximusslade; 02-19-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Get the proper coils

Okay... looking at this a bit... I have the Continental COP connectors. I have Marauder wiring harness. Seems the logical and least expensive option is to keep the Continential coils and connectors and then splice those into the native CVPI engine harness.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUT.... Looking at RockAuto.com... the 2001 Continential and 2003 Marauder use the same coils. I am looking at the Motorcraft site and still they list the same 12029 part number, yet the Continential coil does not plug into the Marauder harness...

I have an 01 CV and I'm thinking about doing exactly what you are doing with yours. Can you post about problems you run into and hopefully include some pictures?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information