Thread: Tried out the Chip and 410's tonight

bigslim Guest

Tried out the Chip and 410's tonight

I went out tonight to try out the chip and 410's that Lidio installed for me. First let me start by saying that it is the way Ford should have made it from the start. I went over on Gratiot to see the young ricers that cruise it. First was a kid trying me in a Continental. Second up was a kid in an older Trans Am (about a 77). Third was a real treat, a new Audi TT turbo. He didn't know what hit him. He just back off with his tail between his legs. I ran a Buick Regal with a supercharger. He pulled out on me but I started to catch him and we both backed off. There were a couple of Hondas and Eclipes that tried me too. I love the way this car hits second now. Thank you Lidio for making this car even more fun.

Man! You just gotta love the wisdom that flows through this board and finally engulfs another MM owner. Welcome to the fold of how it should have been, and how it gets better. Sure FMC should have brought the car out this way, but the EPA and bean counters kept them from it. I'm afraid the Ford "427" will be the same way if it's ever produced.

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

Darryl, take note of the RPM's you are turning on the interstate and let know what 80MPH is running at.

Thanks.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Hey Dan, I can tell you that I run at exactly 3,100 RPM at 80 MPH.
    2017 Niro

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Nice, isnt it Darryl!

Thanks Barry.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

MikesMerc Guest
    Sounds great Daryl

When I had just a chip in there it made a big difference. Plus the gears I'm sure it's super sweet now. Gotta love that snappy second gear now

bigslim Guest
    It is nice Mike. Of course, no where near as fast as yours is now. Can't wait to see your set-up and see it run. Have fun Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    I went out tonight to try out the chip and 410's that Lidio installed for me. First let me start by saying that it is the way Ford should have made it from the start. I went over on Gratiot to see the young ricers that cruise it. First was a kid trying me in a Continental. Second up was a kid in an older Trans Am (about a 77). Third was a real treat, a new Audi TT turbo. He didn't know what hit him. He just back off with his tail between his legs. I ran a Buick Regal with a supercharger. He pulled out on me but I started to catch him and we both backed off. There were a couple of Hondas and Eclipes that tried me too. I love the way this car hits second now. Thank you Lidio for making this car even more fun.
    Wow, sounds great! I'm very eager to do this to mine, as well. So many upgrades to do, and so little money. I need to win the lottery.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

Question

Now that you have the gears and the chip, what's next?
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    . Thank you Lidio for making this car even more fun.
    Congratulations on your mods !!! I know how you feel, it's like the car lost 1000 lbs.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

bigslim Guest
    junehhan, I really want the Trilogy blower. I will see how the job situation is this summer at the Rouge and if it is ok I will let jerry and Lidio do mine. But then with the 410's I will have to have the tires widened too.

Thread Information