Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Review

Talking Restaurant Review

I wanted to let everyone know about an absolutely fabulous restaurant in Richmond VA.

If you want to treat yourself to a GREAT seafood meal, go to The Old Original Bookbinders in Richmond VA. Phil took me there for our 7 year anniversary. The food is extremely good! We started the meal with the 'Hot Seafood Sampler'. The Oysters Rockefeller was wonderful, the Crab Cakes were more crab then cake, and the Kalamari was perfectly cooked. For the next course we had a Seafood Bisque which had a bit more spice then I normally like. After the Bisque we had our entrees. Phil had the Seafood Pasta and I had the Beef Tenderloin Tips with Lobster Tail. The mushrooms in the Beef Tips had more substance then the beef, just melted in your mouth and the Lobster...........I am a convert. The Seafood Pasta had more seafood then pasta with just the right amount of spice. The sides......what can I say.....first, they claim that the sides are enough for two..........they mean 4. We had the Lobster Potatoes and the Cream Corn A Grauten. I don't know how to describe them other then YUM!!!!! I just wished I could have had more, I was full. We did have dessert though. I had the Chocolate Torte and Phil had the Key Lime Pie. The Torte melted in your mouth and was just sweet enough to finish a GREAT meal and the Pie was (to quote Phil) "real Key Lime Pie". I had a bite of his pie and it was sweet with a real nice tang to it.

The more I think about this dinner the more I wish I could go again. I am still full 4 hours later but my mouth is watering just writing all this.

Trust me the meal was well worth the 2 hour drive.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I'm happy you had such a good time, and a great meal.

I'm confused though. Why does Bookbinder sell seafood, or is it just a VA thing?

Arrow Seafood!

Congrats on 7 years

Is this "JET's" Place?

Their was one in Phila. Hope it re-opens soon
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim
    The "Original Bookbinders" in the Philadephia section of Society Hill is the one that I remember. Of course, the was back in 1981. Wow, time flies.

Happy 7th Anniversary -- Phil and Natasha !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Happy Anniversary
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

7 Years...

Oh no not the 7 year stretch....wait a minute isn't that baseball.

Congratulations Phil and Tasha on your Anniversary. Wow a whole 7 years, boy does the time fly. May God bless you with happiness on your journey together through life.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim
    Is this "JET's" Place?

BIg Dog, Yes it was one of Jet's places. The first one in Philly which should reopen soon and the two in Richmond.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    Oh no not the 7 year stretch....wait a minute isn't that baseball.
    Do you mean 7 year itch?

I'm confident Phil and Tasha will get past this 7 year milestone, and many more to come.

Do you think Jet will open one way out here? I could park cars or something

[QUOTE=Haggis]Congratulations Phil and Tasha on your Anniversary. May God bless you with happiness on your journey together through life..

My sentiments as well HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-3R's Wife
    I wanted to let everyone know about an absolutely fabulous restaurant in Richmond VA.

If you want to treat yourself to a GREAT seafood meal, go to The Old Original Bookbinders in Richmond VA. Phil took me there for our 7 year anniversary. The food is extremely good! We started the meal with the 'Hot Seafood Sampler'. The Oysters Rockefeller was wonderful, the Crab Cakes were more crab then cake, and the Kalamari was perfectly cooked. For the next course we had a Seafood Bisque which had a bit more spice then I normally like. After the Bisque we had our entrees. Phil had the Seafood Pasta and I had the Beef Tenderloin Tips with Lobster Tail. The mushrooms in the Beef Tips had more substance then the beef, just melted in your mouth and the Lobster...........I am a convert. The Seafood Pasta had more seafood then pasta with just the right amount of spice. The sides......what can I say.....first, they claim that the sides are enough for two..........they mean 4. We had the Lobster Potatoes and the Cream Corn A Grauten. I don't know how to describe them other then YUM!!!!! I just wished I could have had more, I was full. We did have dessert though. I had the Chocolate Torte and Phil had the Key Lime Pie. The Torte melted in your mouth and was just sweet enough to finish a GREAT meal and the Pie was (to quote Phil) "real Key Lime Pie". I had a bite of his pie and it was sweet with a real nice tang to it.

The more I think about this dinner the more I wish I could go again. I am still full 4 hours later but my mouth is watering just writing all this.

Trust me the meal was well worth the 2 hour drive.
    Congratulations, you guys! And thanks for re-discovering one of America's finest. There was also Kelly's on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:country-region><st1:place><font color=" /><st1:Street><st1:address><FON T color=black>Mole Street</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black>, just off Market, in </FONT><st1:City><st1:place><FON T color=black>Philadelphia, sadly, it never re-opened</FONT></st1:place></st1:City><FONT color=black><FONT size=2>.</FONT><FONT size=3> </FONT></FONT></FONT>

<FONT size=3><FONT size=2><FONT color=black>Let's see, time for a road trip? </FONT><FONT color=black> </FONT></FONT></FONT>

<st1:City><st1:place><FONT color=black>Philly or Richmond</FONT></st1:place></st1:City><FONT color=black>? Which is easiest? Anybody else want to go? Ladyhawke? Ms. Bluerauder? We can't claim any more stuff under Mike's Birthday Festival Month, but what about the delivery and install of my new shiny hiney? Any reason's a good one, right?</FONT>

</FONT>
    Last edited by Mike Poore; 09-08-2004 at 07:59 AM.

Congrats Phil and Natasha!

Road trip?

Mini-Meet?

Anyone?

Phil & Tasha,
    Congrats on your anniversary!
    GordonB and Joan
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    Any reason's a good one, right?</FONT>[/color]
    </FONT>
    As far as i'm concerned any reason to meet other mm'ers is good enough for me...

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals
    Do you think Jet will open one way out here? I could park cars or something
    RCSignals,

You put up the money & I’ll be happy to open one up in your neck of the woods.

Your Future Partner,
    John
    2003-300A
    Trilogy #8 with Custom Pulley Produces 12.4psi of Boost
    407 RWHP and 384 RWT
    Best 1/4 Mile 12.028 @ 117.01mph
    From Lidio: Trilogy #8 install & Custom Tune, Custom Pulley, Chip, Accufab Throttle Body, Baer Claw Front Calipers with Crossdrilled & Slotted Rotors All Around, Custom 2¼ X-Pipe, 3 Chamber Flomaster Mufflers, Widened Rear Rims with 305 Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials, Auburn High Performance Posi.
    From Reinhart: 4.10 Rear Gear, 180 Degree Thermostat, Motorcraft Plugs, Metal Matrix Driveshaft, Rear Sway Bar.
    From Metco: Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, Control Arms & Watts Link.
    From Others: Kenny Brown Braided Brake Lines & Dead Pedal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information