Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: setina push bar installed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I have a 2008 Grand Marquis.

My question is for those who have installed a push guard on their Merc. Did the kit for a Crown Vic fit with no modifications? If there were mods, what were they and how much cost did it add? I'm pretty sure it would fit, but would like to hear from those with personal experience. Please, no haters who say I'm just a cop wannabe. I just don't want to lose another car and get screwed over by the insurance company. Thanks.
    We mostly have Marauders here, but the CV and GM front bumpers are virtually the same, and as mentioned, require cutting to install any push bar.

If the flood of negativity turns you off, this may not be the forum for your GM questions, though many, many members will reply with info, not opinions. Or simplify the question " I have a 2008 Grand Marquis and wondered if anyone has experience installing a front push bar?"

You would get much better replies with a clear, simple question.

Wade through it, thicken your internet skin!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Poorly said ...

Your results may vary ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    First of all, if you're getting screwed over by the insurance company, you need a new insurance company.

How do you know what his CV is worth?

Second, most of these pushbars require cutting the front bumper, regardless if crown vic or not.

Third, if you get into a more serious accident, the frame may bend from the bar, causing the car to be totaled instead of just swapping front end parts.

"May"

If you can't stop hitting deer, get better headlamps, some HID projector retrofits to help you see the sides of the road better, or just plain drive slower in deer prone areas.

I suspect you have never lived in a deer infested area. I am in Kent County, Michigan, the #1 county for car-deer accidents in the whole state. I do drive slower in rural areas (at night), but that won't help if a deer decides to run into the side of your vehicle, and you never even see it coming.

It's ultimately up to you obviously, but I think looks hideous and irreversible. Not to mention adds another 150 lbs of weight to an already pig of a car.

My 2000 CHP CVPI has the original aluminum push bar on it. It doesn't weigh #150
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread Information