Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Calling all Blues, calling all Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Michael110052 View Post
    He meant his former car, as in the one I just bought lol, it gets around more than him. Since It came all the way from Florida and back here to Texas to my house. Correct me if I'm mistaken or misread lol... But yea the car is fantastic. Engines seems stronger than my previous black mm. This is my first time seeing an actual blue in person and I'm glad to be part of the blue crew haha.
    Oh.. What owner was he?

I was the second owner. Here is a little history of the car. I bought it from a dealer in Melbourne FL. The owner of the dealership drove it for a while with dealer tag on it not registered. The finance manager of the dealership bought it and owned it until 18K. That's when I bought it in January of 05. I drove it mostly highway miles living in Florida and traveling back and forth from Columbia SC. I am in the Army and got mobilized there for 18 months. So, the car is very familiar driving up and down on Interstate 95. I put the rear spoiler on it. Bought it and had it painted at a Ford dealer in SC. I got a new job when I got back home and had to trade it in for a pickup truck that was needed for the new job. It broke my heart to trade it in. That was January 07 with 66K on the clock.

I kept track of it. It was then sold to someone in Daytona Beach that drove it to around 90K or so. I think they traded it and was bought at auction to a small dealer in Gainesville. I saw it for sale and wanted to buy it back but, it was too much $15k or so, and just bought my black one 4 months earlier.

From there, after talking with the last owner in Crystal River, he bought it from some one in Tampa. He put the boom box flat screen radio etc. He said he didn't drive it much and it sat in the garage. Which is true because the car had 90K on it when it was for sale in Gainesville in 09/10 time frame.

I found it funny when I read the CL add and said he was the second owner lol.

I don't know which owner CentralMaRobit is but, maybe he can fill in the blanks.

The same size tires that are on it yokahamma's, I think are the ones that I bought just before I traded it in. They were 60K mile guarantee tires. I was sick of wearing the OEM ones out. You should consider putting the Stock sizes back on it. The t/c button on the dash has been overridden to drive with the same size tires. Otherwise, the car bogs out and goes haywire if it doesn't have the 4% difference in tire size.

Good luck with the car. And let me be the first in line if you decide to sell. Maybe this time I won't be in such a crappy place money wise, and be able to drive her again.

Yea I know what you mean about the traction. Just wondering can that damage the car in any way in the long run? I do want to switch back to original, but these tires are in great shape so I dont want them to go to waste. And about the wing, I really appreciate you putting it on, when you had the car. I always wanted to get this on my black MM, until it was wrecked. It really crushed me since I was attached to that car. I still miss the black MM every now in then, but then I look at this blue and im amazed at the color and rarity every time. About selling it, i just purchased it about 2-3 weeks ago, but you'd be the first to know if its up for sale since I know what it feels like having to let go of a special car containing feelings and memories. Also i wanted to ask do any of the previous owners for this blue have the original manual? I need the original door unlock pin code to change it...

The pics look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Michael110052 View Post
    you'd be the first to know if its up for sale since I know what it feels like having to let go of a special car containing feelings and memories. Thanks..... appreciate it..

Also i wanted to ask do any of the previous owners for this blue have the original manual? I might have it. I'm out of town and will get back with you next week.

I need the original door unlock pin code to change it... If you look on the trunk arm hinge you will see the original code .....

Alright thanks I appreciate it, and I'll check the hinge first thing in the morning.

Ah you're right! Can't believe I didn't notice those numbers, or probably just didn't think anything of it and ignored it... Anyways I changed the code and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of worries, and money for locksmiths, of accidently leaving my keys in the car lol

So how are you loving the MM so far?

sorry for the late response, but so far its been excellent. Ive changed the entire interior to led, glove box, mirrors, dash etc even added some under the dash and two seats to see the floor. Ive also put 5k HID kits for the headlights, fogs, and turning lamps, oh and some switch back leds white/orange for the actual turn signal. The white lights really goes well with the blue. My next project would be to put HIDs for my reverse lights, there white leds now but dont light up pretty much anything. Ive done quite a bit yet made it simple so its all reversible to completely original, just in case. Switching to leds and hids really improved the battery alot ive noticed. Ill post pics soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information