Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell or keep

Sell or keep

I have a 2000 crown Victoria that's just sitting in my drive way

What it needs starter/new trans / new wire to motor fan shot somewhere. Needs a little rust work on side by wheel wells front driver.

What it has good 4.6 v8 104,000 on it Aed supercharger not hooked up new tires .

Part it or fix it .

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    I have a 2000 crown Victoria that's just sitting in my drive way

What it needs starter/new trans / new wire to motor fan shot somewhere. Needs a little rust work on side by wheel wells front driver.

What it has good 4.6 v8 104,000 on it Aed supercharger not hooked up new tires .

Part it or fix it .
    Dude you do not have an AED supercharger. Please. Come on.
    1996 Town Car Signature Series 4.6L PI Engine
    2003 Crown Vic P71 5.4L PI Engine

I got it from a crown vic member talked to chris from atr racing I think it was about what I needed to do to make it work on a non pi block because the after the 2000 the block got a little different

It depends on your propensity to do your own work, or have someone else do it...It could be a great classroom...meaning that you will learn alot if you brought it back from the dead, with all the failures you will encounter as you learn and wrench on it...In this case, you would not expect the car to be up and running anytime soon.

Best of Luck, which ever way you go...

Aloha

'03 A Build Date 8/02
    F.I.T. #6 ***RESURRECTED***
    *444 RWHP / 401 RWTQ
    *10 lbs. Boost
    *P1SC1 ProCharger
    *SCT Tuned *SCT Big Air 2400 MAF *BAP *GT 40 Fuel Pump *Modified FPDM *SSW Headers *MMX Drive Shaft *Metco Drive Shaft Loop *Metco Control Arms *T/A Stud Girdle w/ Diff Cover *Addco Sway Bars 3,500 Stall B/C Auto. Torque Converter *J-Mod *Wilwood 13" Big Brake Kit *Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors (Rear) *Widened Rims w/ 295 Nitto 555 *Autometer Wide Band A/F

When I turn on my car...It returns the favor

I got it from a crown vic member talked to chris from atr racing I think it was about what I needed to do to make it work on a non pi block because the after the 2000 the block got a little different
    Which member did you purchase it from?
    The Allen kits are highly sought after and if somebody were to sell one, it would go for thousands.
    Did you also purchase all the supporting modifications that you would need with it? (Injectors, fuel pump, etc)
    And umm... ok. What did Chris from ADTR tell you?

The block got a little different in 2001 . And I know the go abd trans in 04 were best for cv . I know a little about cv lol but I do have the kit came off a Kenny brown car

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Which member did you purchase it from?
    The Allen kits are highly sought after and if somebody were to sell one, it would go for thousands.
    Did you also purchase all the supporting modifications that you would need with it? (Injectors, fuel pump, etc)
    And umm... ok. What did Chris from ADTR tell you?
    I can look it up but it cost me 1500 - I wanted the blow it came off but shippIng was to much for it . I have to look up the email he sent me.

Wanted the motor off it but it would coast 1000 just to ship it . Sorry my iPhone sucks

The block got a little different in 2001 . And I know the go abd trans in 04 were best for cv . I know a little about cv lol but I do have the kit came off a Kenny brown car
    Yeah the whole engine got different in 2001... But According to Allen's documentation, it will fit fine on a 2000 Crown Victoria.
    http://www.crownvic.net/drock96marqu...wnVictoria.pdf
    And I've seen Kenny Brown cars supercharged as early as the 1998 Model Year, though that is with an SVO supercharger and not an AED one.
    The trans in 04 wasn't the best one. If you want to get all technical, the best transmission would be the newest one you could find. But in your case, you wouldn't want to find any newer than 2002, otherwise it'll be a giant pain because of the lack of a VSS gear in the 2003+ tranmission tailshafts.

Anyway... any pics of this supercharger you bought?

I can snap them this week I got all the parts but the oil cooler, the heat exchanger from Aed was still in the box from a member from cv.net just never put it in my car I felt it had to many miles . And you are the king I dont know alot about the new trans but my buddy that works on the state cars told me 04 was a good year for trans

I can snap them this week I got all the parts but the oil cooler, the heat exchanger from Aed was still in the box from a member from cv.net just never put it in my car I felt it had to many miles . And you are the king I dont know alot about the new trans but my buddy that works on the state cars told me 04 was a good year for trans
    Your 2000 crown victoria already has an oil cooler. But sure.

And how long ago did you buy this supercharger setup? Because just last month you posted an ad looking to buy a supercharged crown vic.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

I wanted one that looked better than mine and I felt that the member here took better car than the one I had that's all but I can prove to you I have one . I wanted to sell it last year I must have a pic or to around my email

Here's an e-mail from chris

Hey Chris,

In a blown application I wouldn't try to make it work like the PI manifold swaps on the NPI heads.* You'd need to do the PI swap and be very sure to keep the boost levels down.* When you do the PI headswap on a NPI block the compression ratio raises and high compression and boost doesn't always mix well.*

You'd need to do the PI headswap so you'll need the PI heads with cams, PI cam sprockets, PI headgaskets, headbolts (you can not reuse them because they are torque to yield) PI coolant tube, PI coolant nipple plus any support items like fuel pump, injectors, MAF, computer tune, etc.* You'll also need to address the torque converter and flexplate.* The PI and Marauder torque converters are a smaller diameter unit so you can rev it up to 6500 and use the newfound airflow.*

Let me know when you're ready and what all came with the used AED kit and I can help you get everything together and get this beast running!

-Chris
    ADTR.net
    (805) 279-0719

> Subject: hi chris
    > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:43:27 -0500
    > From: Christopher.Guittard@jwu.edu
    > To: ADTRsales@hotmail.com
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey Chris it's been a long time , but i have to ask i still have your company in mind to buy a few things for m crown vic. but anyway let me ask you . I got a used AED Supercharger bolt on for my crown vic. know what would i have to get for it to run it on my non PI motor>> do i change it to PI ? and where would i get parts .. you have any ?
    >

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    EL OH EL!!!

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information