Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you view modding?

Depends on the car, the individual, and the definition of what modding is.

You could say I modded my 64 Galaxie from a 500 to a 500XL except that all my modding was done with original 64 500XL parts and pieces, so I don't know if that meets the definition of modding. (Cloning would be a better word.)

As an individual, I never had the real need for speed. As long as my car didn't feel like I was towing a trailer, it was OK for me. As a youth, I won, and lost, a lot of drag races. Now that I'm WAY up there in years, speed has become even less of a factor.

Looking at the subject from an old car show angle, serious modding of my 64 Galaxie was never a priority. There are so few of these cars left that they stand out just because of the rarity.

But, if I had a 55/56/57 BelAir, I might consider some modding to make it stand out from the other BelAirs.

If I owned a Marauder, I'd leave it as is.

2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    One of my favorite songs...

I bought my first Marauder new and am keeping it stock except for a tune and a dead pedal. Of course both of these are removable so it is back to stock. I purchased a used Marauder to turn into my play toy. So if you want to keep it as a collectable car you probably do not want to do anything that cannot be returned to stock. If you just want it as a driver turn it into whatever you want. Like some of the others said the more you mod it the more chance you have of something breaking. My black toy is running 480 horsepower and is pretty reliable. But the second time down the quarter mile I broke my new alternator. Whatever you decide have fun with it!
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

This Marauder has changed my view. Don't get me wrong but I would love to mod like some of you do but I have got my car back to dependable from the state it was in when I bought it 18 months ago and I can't get past fixing everything back to like new condition, a few clear coat issues, every nut and bolt cleaned and painted or replaced etc etc. I can't stand for it to be dirty or have any mechanical issues,,,,it's getting on my nerves. My view of modding now is to find an older truck or station wagon that I won't obsess over scratching the s,,it out of it with my belt buckle and building a strong motor and nice suspension. Something that I can leave backed up in the driveway ready to go and not worry about sweeping the hickory nuts out of the bed or buffing off treesap. I've learned a lot from this site and others and if I sell my MM in the future I'll still be hanging around and maybe use the old 4.6 block in the garage for my future modding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information