Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Upper Control Arms

Front Upper Control Arms

Here are some new control arms I found on Rock Auto . They are Moog CK80040 and ck80038. Tell me what you think. The only reason I need to replace mine the boots are torn.

Are these better than the stock one's?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Mathis; 01-29-2015 at 03:39 AM.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Metco D/S Loop,Boxed Lower Rear Control Arms
    New Made Upper Rear Control Arms
    Boxed Watts Link,Ford Finned Rear End Cover
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Daniels Coil Covers and Buttons,Nitto 255/45 front
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Nothing new about those , Get a set of Napa control arms which are the Moog forged arms.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I'd go with the forged arms.

Looks like this:
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

PN

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Nothing new about those , Get a set of Napa control arms which are the Moog forged arms.
    Would you happen to know the part number for these?

Quote Originally Posted by eric jones View Post
    Would you happen to know the part number for these?
    Checkout NAPAonline.com.........

NCP 2605222 - Left side upper w/ ball joint and bushings

NCP 2605261 - Left side lower w/ ball joint and bushings

NCP 2605221 - Right side upper w/ ball joint and bushings

NCP 2605262 - Right side lower w/ ball joint and bushings
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I just talked to Moog and the ones I show the pictures of are there new improved. The part numbers are CK80040 and CK80038. I am going to get them from Rock Auto. $100.41 delivered.
    Last edited by Bob Mathis; 01-29-2015 at 07:53 AM.
    03MM 300A Build date 06/03/02 Production #446Tilogy S/C Kit#4 387RWHP 364RWTQ, Addco front and rear sway bars,Factory Spoiler,Auto,Auto Meter Gauges ,Boost,Air/Fuel,Trans. Temp. Oil and Volt. All are real working gauges now.Badgeless Grill,J Mod
    Colex Caps: Oil,Water,Enter Cooler,Power Steering,Master Cylinder and Windshield Washer
    Widen Rear Wheels with 295/45 Nitto's,Zack's Big Brakes, Rear Drilled a slotted rotors,TCE Braided brake lines,Pro Guard Skid Plate,Summit trans pan, New Exhaust.K&N Cold Air Intake,JLT Catch Can,fastblackmerc door seal plates, pedal covers and Mustang dead pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    I just talked to Moog and the ones I show the pictures of are there new improved. The part numbers are CK80040 and CK80038. I am going to get them from Rock Auto. $100.93 delivered.
    Had these installed in my 05 crown vic early this month as well as front endlinks. big improvement. Dont regreat it.

Just placed the order.

Got the A arms and they look great. Just like the pictures.

stamped o4 forged

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mathis View Post
    Got the A arms and they look great. Just like the pictures.
    Are they stamped or forged construction?

They are stamped and reinforced. Moog say that is the new improved one's. Look at the pictures I posted.

I'm going with genuine Motorcraft, anyone know the part numbers? Thanks'

The new motor craft Upper arms are box design ,the original are tubular cast design and the MOOG arms are similar to the old tubular cast design.[
    Just saying] I have replaced mine at 105,000, [ motor craft ,from dealer new box CAST design] and the handling is the same [ it seams]
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

I have the stamped steel units on my DD.
    Absolutely zero difference in feel, etc from the forged units.

While swapping out the drivers side ball joint on mine tonight I noticed the upper ball joints were torn and the bushings at the ends were cracked to hell. I just ordered the MOOG RK80040 and RK80038's. Also my sway bar end link was hammered so I picked up a pair from vatozone. (couldn't wait need the car tomorrow). The uppers look to be cake to change.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information