Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Las Vegas Marauder Meet-Up 2015

As of now (January 6, 2014), there has been no post or mention of Marauderville 13. So at this point, a Las Vegas meet would be a stand-alone regional meet. Like I've said before, regardless if it's an MV location or not, I still would like to make this meet happen.

We have tentative dates of Sept 23-27th. Re-reading this thread it looks like I only have one person post who actually lives in Vegas (03blackvegas). I know there are other folks on this site who live there. Making this event happen is going to put a huge onus on these folks.

I put in vacation for these dates so I hope it works out!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post

I put in vacation for these dates so I hope it works out!
    Good keep those dates. We'll have some information posted very shortly. Stay tune!
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

It's great if somebody lives in LV and can do the planning, but in reality anyone can plan a convention almost anywhere simply by getting in touch with the local tourist boards or even contacting hotels. Larger hotels have event planners on staff. I'd start with the hotel and go from there. It can all be done long distance if needed. Gotta start somewhere...
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Wow! Las Vegas! I think this would be awesome. I'm sure once things get rolling, much more members would commit. This will make a great vacation
    In Loving Memory of Alex-marauderboi, Paula Babineau, John Erik Rivera
    ___________________1142
    _________________0100
    Sunshine State Marauders
    BLACK 2003-A /\/\ercury/\/\arauder
    Owner: Eggie_aka_MaLo03
    Built: 06/02
    Purchased: 08/03 (NEW) {{{SOLD MAY 2009 to BONES}}}
    TRILOGY S/C 0100
    Trilogized: 09/01/05 By carfixer/Tallboy/shakes_26 Master installers
    Customized: 02/04/06 By Lidio The ALTERNATIVE
    KOOKS System, Headers - X Pipe - with Catalytic Converters and MagnaFlo Mufflers.
    Exhausted: 09/06 By Ed @ BOOTS PERFORMANCE,Pompano Beach

Quote Originally Posted by MaLo03 View Post
    Wow! Las Vegas! I think this would be awesome. I'm sure once things get rolling, much more members would commit. This will make a great vacation
    That's our plan! We had a good initial discussion and it seemed like a lot of folks were really interested in the first thread I created. We are still working on just a couple of action items right now, but Tyler and I hope to have an informative thread to post in the next couple of days. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    It's great if somebody lives in LV and can do the planning, but in reality anyone can plan a convention almost anywhere simply by getting in touch with the local tourist boards or even contacting hotels. Larger hotels have event planners on staff. I'd start with the hotel and go from there. It can all be done long distance if needed. Gotta start somewhere...
    Thanks for the info and the support Paula, it's greatly appreciated! I'll probably reach out to you again for more info/advice or Ladyhawke/Haggis too for their input.

Thanks

Bump with amended dates.

The Vegas Meet will be held Sept 16-20, 2015

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we had to push the dates up one week to accommodate the exciting schedule we're putting together.

This is unfortunate as now you overlap HOTROD DragWeek.

I know the dates aren't going to work for everyone but this is the only week we have a chance to have an event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (details coming)

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    I know the dates aren't going to work for everyone but this is the only week we have a chance to have an event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (details coming)
    I think this was a wise choice on your part. I would bring a set of racing brake pads if we could get some track time on the outer road course.

Your efforts are appreciated.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by Mebot View Post
    Now you really got my attention. Would love to add the LVMS to the list of speedways my SB has run on. Good going!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    Now you really got my attention. Would love to add the LVMS to the list of speedways my SB has run on. Good going!
    I did not know girls drive Marauders at the track . . .
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    I did not know girls drive Marauders at the track . . .
    LOL! Oh yes we do! Ladyhawke, Hammerdown, MM03MOK & me to name a few. Been to Charlotte, Loudon and Indy so far. Would really like to add Las Vegas so would seriously consider driving out in my SB.

BTW Connie (Hammerdown) got her screen name from tearing up the track at Charlotte.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

I/ we, will check with the SCCA to see if anything local is happening that weekend.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread Information