Thread: road course fun

road course fun

the Oklahoma County Sheriff's training facility opens up its track to the public on weekends so I took the Marauder to my Mustang club's event a few weeks ago.

i was going so fast i almost hit Ludicrous Speed!

those were just taken with my cell phone by my buddy.
    It was really fun to push the car around like that. Compared to my Mustang, the brakes are definitely a weak link after 8 or so laps. road course/auto-x is just so much more fun than the drag strip and i'm looking forward to doing it again once i have the control arms and watts link installed.
    '03 Marauder - 4.10's, Lidio tune, JLT intake - 14.8 @ 95.8
    '92 Mustang GT (wrecked )- AFR165 heads, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.096 @ 105.25
    '93 Mustang LX 2.3L coupe - soon to be recipient of the GT's suspension and drivetrain

Nice!!! Just don't go to p****...once yo ugo there you rarely come back...

The dang thing is so fast it distorts the last photo!!
    Procharged/2003 cobra short block

How long was the track?

In Missouri the EVOC track is 1.3 miles. I'd love to get one of my cars on that!

That's looks fun how was the rush ?
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Quote Originally Posted by 345HP87SSAC View Post
    How long was the track?

In Missouri the EVOC track is 1.3 miles. I'd love to get one of my cars on that!
    the track is about .8 miles long but also has a big skid pad area where they can change up the track with cones

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    That's looks fun how was the rush ?
    the rush was great until my brake pedal went to the floor coming into a hair pin turn. at that point i decided to stop for the day
    '03 Marauder - 4.10's, Lidio tune, JLT intake - 14.8 @ 95.8
    '92 Mustang GT (wrecked )- AFR165 heads, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.096 @ 105.25
    '93 Mustang LX 2.3L coupe - soon to be recipient of the GT's suspension and drivetrain

Pocono International

Glad to see others on road course tracks. I take my Marauder to Pocono International Raceway for an Italian car club event. I own a Detomaso Pantera therefore my Marauder also qualifies. Great run - main straight, turn 1, tunnel turn, then into the infield for some 180's, chicanes, twistyies then back onto the main straight. 120 mph down the main straight.

With my mods the marauder regularly outraces Ferrari's, lambo's, Maserati's, and others. My vortech blows them away down the main straight. They have HP, I have TQ. TQ wins races. The suspension mods make this Marauder handle like a cat. I designed my mods with this type of driving in mind. My son and I built the car for this purpose. Maybe Watkins Glenn next year.

These are very modifiable cars. One car kills at the drag strip, another car kills on road race tracks. My advise if performance moding your car is determine what type of racing you want to do. Then engineer your mods to accomplish your goal. Ask questions and read.

If you are wondering, the Marauder cannot beat the Pantera. The 351 Cleveland in the Pantera negates the Marauders supercharger. Better mid range torque, less weight, better aerodynamics, same drivers. The results are surprisingly close.

Regards,
    Gary

In addition to belonging to MM.Net, I also belong to two Mustang clubs and the SAAC. Each year SAAC has a four day weekend race retreat at some track across the country.

Three years ago, our weekend was at the V.I.R. in Virginia. I took my '04 Silver Birch out onto the 3.8 mile long road course. WOW! I really got to enjoy the mods on my Marauder. The Sparta Performance suspension upgrades work great in the turns, but the Motorsport racing heads, Stroker Kit, S-W Exhaust, cold air kit, Baer brakes, Accufab TB, and the dyno tune really shined in the three straights.
    Why have 400 HP if your not going to enjoy it?

Now that's cool!

Thread Information