Thread: Customer service story

Customer service story

This has been eating at me since January. I had a motor I was going to use in my truck in the event I through a rod. The motor was from a guy who said it was a 22,000 motor. I bought a lot of parts off of him and everyone or these parts was clean. From unused top end kits to kennebells to trannys to the motor. Anyways I sold it to the customer shipped it out and the shop he was working for was installing the motor because he had popped his motor in the cold. I sold him the motor the way I got it. I turned the motor over by hand and it was not seized up.

Anyways I told the mechanics to check everything before they installed the motor. They did not. So that said they put the motor In the truck. It had a miss. So they checked the motor and the number 7 exhaust valve was stuck open. According to the shop it wasn't bent but just stuck open. Regardless it don't matter what it.So here is where I come in. Customer calls me and asks what can we do I say let's see what they say. So I call them they quote me 1900 and they quote him 1600for the head repair. I told the customer I'll pay for half of that no big deal. Anyways 2 months go buy. I get on Facebook just from some random nerve. There it says 2700 dollars. Well long story short I paid for half the bill like I promised. Now I'm busting my ass off to make up the 1350.

I sold a used motor and I paid for the repair . I lost money on the sale including shipping. Plus I'm out the money I paid for the motor.

Sorry it's been on my head for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2002 Harley DavidsonKenne bell jlp built

700+ hp 800 ft lbs 11.17 before new mods

No good deed goes unpunished

Sorry about your luck but at least you can sleep at night
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Customer service story

It was a stock motor

Yes the sleep is nice even though I work around the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jokerzl; 04-08-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    2002 Harley DavidsonKenne bell jlp built

700+ hp 800 ft lbs 11.17 before new mods

A while back I sold a used V12 BMW engine. It was out of a running and driving car (no issues) The "mechanic" that installed the engine started it after installing but forgot to put oil in it after draining it and tried to get me to refund his money. The problem with people is that a lot of them aren't smart enough to realize they are stupid.
    Car is soon to be for sale...

03 300A: Full SW exhaust (sold their crappy mufflers for $50 and replaced w/ Dynomax and factory tips), JLT, GMS connectors, NGK, 4.10, lowered, Zack fuel filter mod, Xcal tune, Musclemerc catch can. Non go fast stuff: Tint, Vinyl wrapped chrome, badgeless, spoiler, blendmount and hardwire V1, trunk organizer, factory changer, BC4E Dead pedal

Thread Information