Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More transmission problems

Still not done!!!! Apparently the root source of the electrical issue hasn't been identified yet. Service advisor didn't know if trans was dropped today or not, but said the tech was on the phone with L/M 2x today to get their input. Looks like I'm going back in there tomorrow morning to see what is going on. I'm starting to have withdrawl symptoms......the garage feels so empty........
    '03 Marauder 300A
    35% llumar tint
    '04 F150 Supercrew FX4
    Triton 5.4L
    Pwr moonroof & rear slider
    Limited slip 3.73 rear axle & tow package
    Rhinoliner
    Swiss fiberglass lid

Topher what did they give you for a loaner?
    '03 Marauder
    Ford Wheel Locks
    OEM CD Changer
    Trunk Org
    Big ass scratch in driver front rim(gives it character)
    Another Big Ass Scratch On Rear Bumper (Even More Character)
    35% all around

That's funny- I wasn't even offered one. I've been driving my S-10 so I don't really need one, but on Monday when I first went in there, they didn't even ask if I needed a loaner, or even a ride in their "courtesy shuttle". This will be brought to their attention when I go back in the morning, along with my sentiment that if they can't find the problem within the wiring harness, replace the whole thing & give me my car back.
    '03 Marauder 300A
    35% llumar tint
    '04 F150 Supercrew FX4
    Triton 5.4L
    Rhinoliner
    Swiss fiberglass lid

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by Topher
    replace the whole thing & give me my car back.

Print out the various threads concerning electrical problems found by our members and bring it with you. This might lend a sense of urgency to the problem, seeing as how it is not an isolated incident.

I've already brought them pictures posted here regarding the areas fellow owners have had problems with. They say they've checked those areas with no trouble found. I need to talk to the mechanic in the morning & not the service advisor front man to get the real scoop of what has & hasn't been done.
    '03 Marauder 300A
    35% llumar tint
    '04 F150 Supercrew FX4
    Triton 5.4L
    Rhinoliner
    Swiss fiberglass lid

Topher make them give you a loaner....no need to put extra miles on your other POV....plus loaner/rentals are fun to dog even if it is a Taurus/Sable
    '03 Marauder
    Ford Wheel Locks
    OEM CD Changer
    Trunk Org
    Big ass scratch in driver front rim(gives it character)
    Another Big Ass Scratch On Rear Bumper (Even More Character)
    35% all around

Originally posted by engine23ccvfd
    plus loaner/rentals are fun to dog even if it is a Taurus/Sable
    DO NOT DIS THE ALMIGHTY SABLE, OR YOU RISK BRINGING FLOODS, PESTILENCE, AND PLAGUES OF LOCUSTS UPON US ALL!!!

Do not listen to the blasphemous one, for he knoweth not whereof he speaks...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

WolfeBros Guest

Sable

I made fun of the Sable....40 days and 40 nights ago....and we are washing away....

But, of course, they DID implement the ATL "Water-Restictions" last night on the news.....bastages!

Sable: black clothing worn in mourning...
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

My car is finally back home in the garage.
    Went in this morning & talked to the mechanic for about 20 minutes. He took me out to the car & showed me the different harnesses & areas he was checking, but still no smoking gun to point to at that time. Didn't have to drop the trans either, just the pan. Dealer left a voicemail around noon to say it was done. According to the invoice, it looks like the culprit was eventually found- 2 wires pulled out of their terminals. Below is the invoice description. For anyone who has access to the trouble code definitions or wiring schematics & feels like looking them up, I'd be curious to know the codes referenced & which wiring harness had the loose terminals. I haven't yet purchased the shop manual, but seems like it coud be nice fathers day gift to myself.

ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION TEST, EEC TEST, PIN POINT TEST, CODE P0135, P0155, P0403, P0443, P0741, P0743, P0755, P0758, P1747, & P1760, HAS OPEN WIRE CIRCUIT. REMOVED TRANSMISSION PAN, INSPECTED WIRING, ALL OKAY, LIGHTS STILL ON, DETERMINED CAUSE OF LIGHT IS LOSS OF POWER ON RD/WIRE CK 391, INSPECTED ALL HARNESSES FOR SHORTS, CALLED TECH HOT LINE REP.#3EUF2009 SUGGESTED REPAIRING SPLICE S146, STARTED CAR WIGGLED HARNESSES BY C1026 MADE O/D LIGHT FLASH. DISCONNECTED C1026 FOUND RD/Y WIRE PULLED OUT OF TERMINAL CAUSING CONCERN. REPAIRED WIRE FIXED ALL CONCERNS.
    '03 Marauder 300A
    35% llumar tint
    '04 F150 Supercrew FX4
    Triton 5.4L
    Rhinoliner
    Swiss fiberglass lid

Wow, 13 year old thread brought back to life.

I am occasionally getting a P0741 code. The OD light blinks off and on - only when I ham driving at 75 mph + for an extended period of time. If I pull over and shut the car off, as soon as I start the car the OD light is fine for another 20 - 30 minutes. If i am under 70mph even for an extended period of time the OD never blinks. From research it seems as if this is an electrical error and not a clutch slipping as described above - anyone else have experience with this?

from https://www.obd-codes.com/p0741

Causes of this DTC may include: Wiring harness to transmission shorted to ground Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid internal short Transmission control module (TCM)
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Wow, 13 year old thread brought back to life.

I am occasionally getting a P0741 code. The OD light blinks off and on - only when I ham driving at 75 mph + for an extended period of time. If I pull over and shut the car off, as soon as I start the car the OD light is fine for another 20 - 30 minutes. If i am under 70mph even for an extended period of time the OD never blinks. From research it seems as if this is an electrical error and not a clutch slipping as described above - anyone else have experience with this?

from https://www.obd-codes.com/p0741

Causes of this DTC may include: Wiring harness to transmission shorted to ground Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid internal short Transmission control module (TCM)
    I experienced this just today. It happens once every month or so. Only had my Marauder for about 3 to 4 months. Haven't had it checked out yet. Several cats told me it's not a big deal. My EATC is messed up and only blows on high and sometimes changes to defrost on its own. It seems to happen only when the EATC gets tricky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information